So I admit I'm completely perplexed by this issue...

I have an unlocked T-Mobile Q10 (SQN100-5) that I was using with TMO prepaid until today, when I ported it over to an AT&T Mobile Share plan successfully. Problem is I only get up to a 4G (HSPA+) connection with my AT&T service.

Went back to the store and they thought it was because they entered my IMEI, which was only showing as a generic GSM smartphone, so they replaced it in the system with a display model's. Left the store thinking all would be fine as my plan was now showing "Blackberry 4G LTE" in their system, but after multiple restarts/battery pulls still no luck.

Called tech support and the friendly rep verified that LTE was provisioned for my device and then resent some kind of activation message to my phone to make sure it was updated in the OS. After hanging up and doing a battery pull still no luck.

Called tech support again and another rep did something else on the backend that he didn't really specify but again no luck. He mentioned that they had other cases of unlocked phones supporting AT&T's LTE bands simply not working with LTE, which I think is rather odd...

I read some of the threads here on the issue but they all seemed to be resolved by changing to an LTE-compatible data plan, which I already had done. Will be going back to the store tomorrow to try my SIM in another LTE phone as it's the only remaining thing myself and the CSR could think of.

Does anyone have any other ideas or experiences with this process? Thanks in advance!
    11-26-13 01:55 AM
    Tmobile phone won't get lte on at&t. I believe they use different bands for LTE.
    11-26-13 06:00 AM
    The SQN 100-1 is the fully capable Q on AT&T's system.
    The 100 -5 will work but will not get some of the bands.

Secret squirreling with my Q.
    11-26-13 06:41 AM
    The SQN 100-1 is the fully capable Q on AT&T's system.
    The 100 -5 will work but will not get some of the bands.

Secret squirreling with my Q.
    Don't the -1 and -5 have the same LTE bands though? The docs both say 700/850/1700/1900.

Edit: Interesting. Went back to the store and got a new sim card. Worked right away. Problem solved
    Last edited by czhang; 11-26-13 at 05:08 PM.
    11-26-13 12:59 PM