I just want to read your review of the q10.. I dont need to explain why but if you could kindly tell me,, i prefer to ask here rather thsn constantly googling

I mean i like the look of it and some features but stopped using it due to the lack of apps, the dull screen, and the body material
    06-25-14 10:55 AM
    Not sure why my or anyone's review will help. I like the screen I like the material and have all the apps I need. Phone does everything I need well and has a keyboard. I can't make you like the phone. I chose this phone and it works.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    06-25-14 12:20 PM
    I love my Q10. I have the Z10 and Z30 as well, but if I had to pick only ONE device to use, it would be the Q10, specifically the black one.

I like the carbon weave composite material they use on the back, as well as the black bezel and frets. I think the screen is really nice, and I don't watch movies or play games on my phone, so for me the screen size is fine (though I will be getting the Passport and Classic because I'll take a bigger screen).

I think the battery life is very good, though not as good as my Z30, and the speaker is nice, though not as good as the Z30. The apps are fine for what I need, like I said, I don't play games on it or use it to watch shows or movies.

For me, the typing and messaging experience on the Q10 is unmatched. I can type without looking, and the shortcuts, like pressing B or T to get to the bottom or top are really useful. I think the Q10 fits nicely in my hand and just looks so elegant and high end. Its design is stealthy and understated, which I really like. I can type texts or BBMs really quickly and then set my phone down, or type while I walk and am looking at something.

I will never give up the full qwerty phones, because they are very useful for me. I don't use it for work or business, but just as a consumer. We live in a day and age where most of us text/email to communicate, so why would I not want to use the device with the best keyboard to help me communicate as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as possible?
    Naeg1995 and evodevo69 like this.
    06-25-14 03:24 PM
    Maybe you review isn't helpful because it wasn't a proper review you just put a bunch of adjectives together without telling me what aspects you like.
    06-25-14 03:31 PM
    Thanks

nice to know, i take it the black does have a better material then

informative
    06-25-14 03:33 PM
    Thanks

nice to know, i take it the black does have a better material then

informative
    Yes, I have the white Q10 as well and the material is just plastic and the silver bezel is painted, which is easily scuffed. The black Q10 feels better. The carbon weave stuff is really nice on the phone, and the bezel is solid black, not painted like the silver bezel of the white Q10.
    06-25-14 03:51 PM
    I love my Q10. I have the Z10 and Z30 as well, but if I had to pick only ONE device to use, it would be the Q10, specifically the black one.

I like the carbon weave composite material they use on the back, as well as the black bezel and frets. I think the screen is really nice, and I don't watch movies or play games on my phone, so for me the screen size is fine (though I will be getting the Passport and Classic because I'll take a bigger screen).

I think the battery life is very good, though not as good as my Z30, and the speaker is nice, though not as good as the Z30. The apps are fine for what I need, like I said, I don't play games on it or use it to watch shows or movies.

For me, the typing and messaging experience on the Q10 is unmatched. I can type without looking, and the shortcuts, like pressing B or T to get to the bottom or top are really useful. I think the Q10 fits nicely in my hand and just looks so elegant and high end. Its design is stealthy and understated, which I really like. I can type texts or BBMs really quickly and then set my phone down, or type while I walk and am looking at something.

I will never give up the full qwerty phones, because they are very useful for me. I don't use it for work or business, but just as a consumer. We live in a day and age where most of us text/email to communicate, so why would I not want to use the device with the best keyboard to help me communicate as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as possible?
    A very nice review one that I must echo myself.

OP: how can you say here that you didn't like the material and then start another thread asking what the back felt like?
    Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:01 PM
    Yes, I have the white Q10 as well and the material is just plastic and the silver bezel is painted, which is easily scuffed. The black Q10 feels better. The carbon weave stuff is really nice on the phone, and the bezel is solid black, not painted like the silver bezel of the white Q10.
    Have you got the latest official OS?

If so what is it like
    06-25-14 05:34 PM

Yeah...I'm in a similar boat, and pretty divided between my Z30 and Q10. They're both awesome at different things. The Passport might blend the benefits of both.

Until then I will unapologetically hop between the two. The Q10 is the better messaging device for me, and the Z30's larger screen is better for web and video.

I don't envy anyone choosing between them.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:36 PM
    Yeah...I'm in a similar boat, and pretty divided between my Z30 and Q10. They're both awesome at different things. The Passport might blend the benefits of both.

Until then I will unapologetically hop between the two. The Q10 is the better messaging device for me, and the Z30's larger screen is better for web and video.

I don't envy anyone choosing between them.

Posted via CB10
    Are you a business person?

I wondered why people have 2 phones
    Idk anyone that do
    But loads online do
    Just curious
    06-25-14 05:40 PM
    I'm an Apple & Android trauma victim, lol.
    I had Blackberries from 2005 to 2008, but then I had to switch to Verizon (work) and at the time, Verizon neutered the hell out of Blackberry devices. It was nothing like using a BB on, say, T-Mobile. So I had a few texting phones, then some Androids, then some iPhones, went back to Androids until I got thoroughly fed up with their completely ******** software updates (Kitkat crippled my Note 3).
    Verizon offered a free Q10 with a 2 year contract (I was off contract at the time) I jumped.

And I couldn't be happier.
    The Q10 is faster than any Android or Apple devices I've had, it's smoother, doesn't freeze, gets connection in record time when Apple and Android sputter and crash, the camera is superb and I never, ever, ever get forcefully autocorrected or get typos. Ever.
    So sure, I do miss a bunch of apps especially since I refuse to pervert my Q10 by side loading Android apps, but it's an issue I'll happily put up with because I haven't had such a blast using a smartphone since my T-Mobile Curve days.

What I would really love is for BB to get cracking on native apps.
    Other than that, this phone is simply perfect. I love it. And I'm not even wanting the passport because I love the Q10 size. And battery life.
    I love it.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    06-25-14 07:32 PM
    Newfangland made a superb thread, read through it, it coveres most things you want... No need to google after that ;-) He made a 30 days experiment and ended up by ... well read through!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-days-930047/

Enjoy!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-25-14 07:53 PM
    Newfangland made a superb thread, read through it, it coveres most things you want... No need to google after that ;-) He made a 30 days experiment and ended up by ... well read through!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-days-930047/

Enjoy!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Yay
    Thanks alot
    06-26-14 02:54 AM
    Kind of simple: GREAT phone for business; text, email, BBM, all superb
    Not so great for kids; small screen, & few Apps!
    helpimstuck likes this.
    06-26-14 08:31 AM
    I'm an Apple & Android trauma victim, lol.
    I had Blackberries from 2005 to 2008, but then I had to switch to Verizon (work) and at the time, Verizon neutered the hell out of Blackberry devices. It was nothing like using a BB on, say, T-Mobile. So I had a few texting phones, then some Androids, then some iPhones, went back to Androids until I got thoroughly fed up with their completely ******** software updates (Kitkat crippled my Note 3).
    Verizon offered a free Q10 with a 2 year contract (I was off contract at the time) I jumped.

And I couldn't be happier.
    The Q10 is faster than any Android or Apple devices I've had, it's smoother, doesn't freeze, gets connection in record time when Apple and Android sputter and crash, the camera is superb and I never, ever, ever get forcefully autocorrected or get typos. Ever.
    So sure, I do miss a bunch of apps especially since I refuse to pervert my Q10 by side loading Android apps, but it's an issue I'll happily put up with because I haven't had such a blast using a smartphone since my T-Mobile Curve days.

What I would really love is for BB to get cracking on native apps.
    Other than that, this phone is simply perfect. I love it. And I'm not even wanting the passport because I love the Q10 size. And battery life.
    I love it.
    My dismay with android specifically was the INACCURACY of touch typing! I use to rip my hair out on how pathetic it was, the constant. Backspacing to fix the typing errors! I know I type correctly and I still got garbled typing! I've since switched obviously back to BlackBerry and am very happy at how easy the keyboard is to use and how efficient it is. I will always use a BlackBerry qwerty keyboarded device so ace for the passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 07:58 AM
    My dismay with android specifically was the INACCURACY of touch typing! I use to rip my hair out on how pathetic it was, the constant. Backspacing to fix the typing errors! I know I type correctly and I still got garbled typing! I've since switched obviously back to BlackBerry and am very happy at how easy the keyboard is to use and how efficient it is. I will always use a BlackBerry qwerty keyboarded device so ace for the passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    yep, I can relate, lol. Even on my huge Galaxy Note Pro, the keyboard is wonky.
    06-27-14 09:42 AM
    I'll male it short since I've been a BlackBerry user for only a bit more than a week.

Got the black one. Looks and, most importantly, feels great in hand. Build quality is good. Keyboard is awesome for my fingers. Screen looks well enough, I really don't need it brighter than it can be and the size is perfect for my needs. BlackBerry hub quite convenient and I haven't really encountered any annoying bugs or malfunctions of the OS. I'm less than a heavy user though, so may find out new things soon. My biggest fear is the keyboard issues. And just because I can barely get a new BlackBerry device here with proper paper work and so on.

All in all, very satisfied with this device.
    06-27-14 10:07 AM
    The Q10 is a very nice looking device. I have the black one and as SK122387 mentioned, I am also a huge fan of the carbon fiber material on the battery cover. For what I use it for, it is a phenomenal phone. Physical keyboard, speed, Flow and Hub management, screen. It is a true communications tool but unlike previous BBs, actually usable for other apps and web browsing. I can use my Q10 without having to rely on a tablet or laptop as much like I often had to do with previous BBs. I don't miss the trackpad and physical call/back buttons at all. It didn't take me long to learn the gestures. I have a Nexus 7 tablet for my gaming and movie needs but watching a movie IS doable on a Q10 (though obviously not recommended. Love the mini-HDMI integration though.) My battery lasts between 14-16 hours, more than enough for what I need.

Once 10.3 comes out, the lack of apps should no longer be as much of an issue since Amazon has partnered with Blackberry to provide their apps natively without having to download Snap. I don't use Snap myself or have any Android ported apps on my Q10 so I can't comment on the stability of Android apps on Blackberry. I am currently on 10.2.1 and it's been like having a brand new phone all over again. I especially love the notifications that pop up if I'm in an app or reading an email. I barely use the peek function anymore.

Ultimately though, it IS up to you whether you like the phone or not. It's not for everybody. I personally love the AMOLED screen and the quality of the body/material used. For me, it works. I'll see whether to get a Blackberry Classic but most likely I'll stick with my Q10. I understand your need to read others' opinions though.
    helpimstuck likes this.
    06-27-14 10:38 AM