Okay after replacing my first Q10 for a faulty keyboard, I finally have my second Q10 now and I will be keeping this one. I just had a few questions.

1. I heard that on a new phone, I have to empty the battery to zero once to let the OS figure out the battery capacity, but I also know that during normal usage, I should avoid draining the battery down to 0%.
    The battery definitely lasts for my 8 to 10 hours day outside, but I just want to make sure that I am getting the maximum battery performance. What kind of "breaking in" should I do on a new battery? I basically just kept mine on the charger over night yesterday.

2. I deleted "text message' icon on the home screen and I want to get it back. How do I do this?

3. On the hub, is there any way to filter out only my mail box? I was able to do this in 10.1 when I first set my Q10 up, but after upgrading to Rogers 10.2.1.2102, I don't know how to filter out text messages, mail, etc. So I want to be able to only see my mail and only see my text if I need to.

Otherwise, I am quite happy with my phone.
    I worry that my Q10 my develop the double typing issue after a few months (and especially reading that 19 page thread on the double typing issue), but right now the keyboard feels good to me.

Sometimes, when I type I have to decide whether to type the full word or choose from the word suggestion above, so I waste time thinking about it.
    I am sure I will get used to it over time
    03-20-14 01:43 PM
    Okay after replacing my first Q10 for a faulty keyboard, I finally have my second Q10 now and I will be keeping this one. I just had a few questions.

1. I heard that on a new phone, I have to empty the battery to zero once to let the OS figure out the battery capacity, but I also know that during normal usage, I should avoid draining the battery down to 0%.
    The battery definitely lasts for my 8 to 10 hours day outside, but I just want to make sure that I am getting the maximum battery performance. What kind of "breaking in" should I do on a new battery? I basically just kept mine on the charger over night yesterday.

2. I deleted "text message' icon on the home screen and I want to get it back. How do I do this?

3. On the hub, is there any way to filter out only my mail box? I was able to do this in 10.1 when I first set my Q10 up, but after upgrading to Rogers 10.2.1.2102, I don't know how to filter out text messages, mail, etc. So I want to be able to only see my mail and only see my text if I need to.

Otherwise, I am quite happy with my phone.
    I worry that my Q10 my develop the double typing issue after a few months (and especially reading that 19 page thread on the double typing issue), but right now the keyboard feels good to me.

Sometimes, when I type I have to decide whether to type the full word or choose from the word suggestion above, so I waste time thinking about it.
    I am sure I will get used to it over time
    no you dont have to drain the battery.
    to get the text msg , you have to reload software.( i think)
    go into your hub , settings and pick what you want in your hub,
    03-20-14 02:03 PM
    2. I did this once too. type 'text messages' on your home screen. It will show the icon as a result of your search. Long press it and move it to whatever page you want.
    03-20-14 02:26 PM
    Okay, I found the shortcut to text messages in the hub now And I can filter the email, message, and text from the hub too.

However, I did the search for "text messages" and I could not find the icon. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am on the latest Rogers release of 10.2.1?

Since I am too bothered to do the reset, I will just use the hub to access text messages.
    03-21-14 06:55 PM
    Odd. I am on a leaked 10.2.1 and worked. Sorry it didn't work for you..
    skstrials likes this.
    03-21-14 07:08 PM
    It's all in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:10 PM
    Okay one idea I just got.

I wish the hub automatically sets itself back to the main "hub" after you close the hub.

As is, if I were looking at a text message and I move to some other app without closing the text message in the hub, next time I access the hub, I go to the text message instead of the main hub.
    03-22-14 02:16 AM