There are tons of "trackpad is NEVER coming back; get over it; STOP with the trackpad; trackpad will never work; blah blah blah"

Clueless. CB is full of clueless fanboys that don't even understand bb's strengths as a utility device. If ppl don't like physical keyboards or the toolbelt, WHY do they use BlackBerry phones?! I'll never understand..

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, the trackpad, as it was done before is only "coming back" to the classic... which is the first model, so it's tough to say that it "came back" to the phone. it came back to blackberry, but if you say that, then it never really left since BlackBerry didn't stop making 9900's.

The classic isint the 2nd version of the q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:49 AM
    Ha...amazing resemblance to the Classic...and yes the buttons are back....
    12-20-14 12:39 AM
    Visually, minus the buttons it looks good imo. But a huge problem you'd run into is that the Q30 would need a redesigned OS for it due to the bottom bar / doubling of menu button, back button etc.

After having taken apart my Q10, I'd say pretty confidently that you couldn't put the keyboard that far down. That space at the bottom is used for the microphone and loudspeaker components, and I believe they purposefully didn't stack the keyboard on top of those 2 components for a reason, either due to electronic signals, ease of repairs etc.
    Thanks for bringing the OP back to reality. Anything can be accomplished with computer software, but then there is reality.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:40 AM
    Simple...but trackpad and hardware buttons will never happen. We have simply passed that road.
    And year later...
    01-11-15 12:19 PM
104 ... 345