I think it's time to get over the trackpad! If it means so much to you don't upgrade stay with what makes you happy. I'm happy with my Q10 don't miss the trackpad at all maybe if it was 1999 but not here in 2014! Q10 Rocks

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy you enjoy being slowed down.
    01-16-14 08:17 AM
    That is on sharp looking concept phone. Well done.

Edit: I saved the image on my playbook, opened it, then held the playbook in portrait mode. The image filled the screen and I thought "if this was the real size...hmmm". Maybe too big, maybe just right...

Give it a shot.
    Last edited by 8820man; 01-16-14 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Cool idea!
    01-16-14 08:17 AM
    True, but the top row of buttons was a big BB differentiator and it made BB People very efficient.

Call button alone was worth it, you didn't have to exit to home screen to access it, out if any app straight to your call list, and I'm mean straight as in an instant.

Regarding gestures, I find it very hard on the thumb, think how much more you have to move it compared to on a trackpad, I wonder if anybody calculated the distance in a day, must add up to a few hundred meters at least lol.
    I partially agree with you.

But are you even listening to yourself? A majority of the people use IOS and Android. Do you think they even CONSIDER or CARE how many swipes it takes them to make a call? Or how many seconds it does?

NO, people these days don't give a rats a** about any of that stuff. They just want the trendiest phone that everyone else has. This is why BB10 is unique in its own way.
    01-16-14 08:18 AM
    I partially agree with you.

But are you even listening to yourself? A majority of the people use IOS and Android. Do you think they even CONSIDER or CARE how many swipes it takes them to make a call? Or how many seconds it does?

NO, people these days don't give a rats a** about any of that stuff. They just want the trendiest phone that everyone else has. This is why BB10 is unique in its own way.
    Don't a lot of android phones have call, back and home buttons? Don't iPhones have home buttons? Sounds to me like they give a rats arse about it.

BB10 is unique in its own way, but nobody wants it. People still like to have some buttons available, not all touch.
    01-16-14 08:25 AM
    Don't a lot of android phones have call, back and home buttons? Don't iPhones have home buttons? Sounds to me like they give a rats arse about it.

BB10 is unique in its own way, but nobody wants it. People still like to have some buttons available, not all touch.
    So for you, whats the main difference between swiping up on BB10 to get to the home screen, and using the old clicky home button on IOS?

You think if they eliminated the home button on the next iPhone, people would suddenly stop buying them? Ofcourse not.

The future will be gestures, not buttons. Thats already been partially proven through the transition of all button devices to all touch screen devices.
    01-16-14 08:29 AM
    So for you, whats the main difference between swiping up on BB10 to get to the home screen, and using the old clicky home button on IOS?

You think if they eliminated the home button on the next iPhone, people would suddenly stop buying them? Ofcourse not.

The future will be gestures, not buttons. Thats already been partially proven through the transition of all button devices to all touch screen devices.
    If gestures are the future can you tell show me a successful gestures based OS? Web OS? PlayBook OS? BB10?
    01-16-14 08:39 AM
    I would like for the Q30 to have either a bigger screen or be a slider (and of course have a bigger screen BECAUSE it's a slider)
    01-16-14 08:45 AM
    I would like for the Q30 to have either a bigger screen or be a slider (and of course have a bigger screen BECAUSE it's a slider)
    A slider would be cool just for the fact that you can answer and hang up on calls alone.
    01-16-14 08:47 AM
    If gestures are the future can you tell show me a successful gestures based OS? Web OS? PlayBook OS? BB10?
    I said they will be the future. Not that they're a success (yet). In my mind I think of BB10 as a success, amazing multitasking with no need for buttons.
    01-16-14 08:49 AM
    I said they will be the future. Not that they're a success (yet). In my mind I think of BB10 as a success, amazing multitasking with no need for buttons.
    I don't know, trends are funny, just because the current scifi movies tell us that's the future it doesn't mean it will. People have always liked pressing buttons.
    01-16-14 08:56 AM
    They buttons take so much space. I'd rather have extra screen size. Personally I never warmed up to the track pad and prefer the buttonless experience

Posted via my Z30
    01-16-14 09:21 AM
    We are all in a fantasy world. It won't make any difference. Don't get your hopes up or get excited.

I can see this thread go up to 50 pages long. There is always that" what if BB is behind these threads to collect feedback" but I certainly doubt that. If they were listening BB would have been in a much better condition today.

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-16-14 09:28 AM
    It's not actually.
    speed dial is sorta back.. but you have to have the leak.. not sure when it started, but i have it on my 10.2.1.176 (10.2.1.1055)
    01-16-14 09:52 AM
    speed dial is sorta back.. but you have to have the leak.. not sure when it started, but i have it on my 10.2.1.176 (10.2.1.1055)
    If it's on a leak it's not back. I understand it will be back soon and I hope they restore the app shortcuts too, those were super useful. Why they have to reinvent all this stuff beats me.
    01-16-14 10:46 AM
    Code first what is needed first... os7 didn't have everything at once. IOS sucked big time for powerusers when it first came out.

I'm glad their bringing the wanted options at a reasonable speed at the moment. They should release the official updates quicker although.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    01-16-14 12:59 PM
    The hard keys + track pad would make no sense and actually defeat the purpose of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-16-14 04:48 PM
    I'm happy you enjoy being slowed down.
    I think that you think that since it doesn't have a trackpad it's slow and it slows you down. I'm mighty faster on my Q10 than I was on my old curve, and my iPhone 4S

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-16-14 05:03 PM
    I think it would be excellent phone with huge battery capacity! I love it! I like track pad but it will come without it!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    01-17-14 02:12 AM
    Nope, don't miss or need the trackpad.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    01-17-14 08:01 AM
    Thor released the Z10 before the Q10 because he was sure everyone wanted touch screens, keyboards were on the way out. Yet the relative Q10 to Z10/Z30 sales points to the fact that people want real buttons for their keyboard. Still, some people cling to the "it's changed so it's better" line...

I suspect that if BB introduced a Q30 with keyboard + buttons + trackpad, these same people would scream how much better the hard buttons are. Remember, it's not either or - you can have BBOS 10 + touchscreen + buttons + trackpad. That's the idea of the concept phone
    01-17-14 08:38 AM
    Simple...but trackpad and hardware buttons will never happen. We have simply passed that road.
    I agree, I missed them when I first started using the Q10 and now not at all. I do want a bigger Q10 though. I would buy that on release day.

Posted via Q10
    01-17-14 09:35 AM
    It's not actually.
    Yes it is. Hold down your "W" key on the homescreen then tell me again that speed dial is gone.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect on my Q10 (10.2.1.1925) via CB10
    01-17-14 01:04 PM
    Kind of funny to look at the opinions now that the classic is out....
    07-15-14 07:13 PM
    Kind of funny to look at the opinions now that the classic is out....
    Which ones in particular do you mean?

Differentiate or Die
    07-15-14 07:32 PM
    Which ones in particular do you mean?

Differentiate or Die
    There are tons of "trackpad is NEVER coming back; get over it; STOP with the trackpad; trackpad will never work; blah blah blah"

Clueless. CB is full of clueless fanboys that don't even understand bb's strengths as a utility device. If ppl don't like physical keyboards or the toolbelt, WHY do they use BlackBerry phones?! I'll never understand..

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-15-14 08:39 PM
104 ... 2345