I just purchased bbq10 today. Got a full charge after an hour then I used it heavily(often chat but I turn it off) and at 5 hour I got like 10%. Do you think I need to like discharge this completely to be able to get that 48 hour battery life like everyone claims?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 11:16 AM
    No, just keep using the phone normally and recharge when necessary. Running to full discharge is actually considered bad for the cells. When you've used it for a week or so and got the feel of the phone you could consider updating the software to one of the later leaked versions which seem to have improved performance and battery life.
    08-03-13 11:27 AM
    I've had my Q10 for about 10 days now. My battery was at 75-80% almost at the time I went to bed last night. I am a light user, but, prior to yesterday I was at 40-50% at that time of the evening.
    08-08-13 09:23 AM
    What OS u running? Have u tried updating to latest version?

STL 100-3 os 10.2.0.1047
    08-08-13 09:32 AM
    Battery life improved dramatically for me after the first week. I believe this is normal.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:36 AM
    I just purchased bbq10 today. Got a full charge after an hour then I used it heavily(often chat but I turn it off) and at 5 hour I got like 10%. Do you think I need to like discharge this completely to be able to get that 48 hour battery life like everyone claims?

Posted via CB10
    Not everyone is claiming that and those that are either are extremely light users or they charge a bit here-and-there through out the day.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    08-08-13 09:44 AM
    Advice from a veteran of the Z battery wars here: If you received 5 hrs on your first couple charges on ur Q, that's outstanding, so dont panic yet. However, I've noted recently that I may have over-promoted the Q simply vis-a-vis its ~20% larger battery. Extensive use by a couple friends since Q intro now shows even this battery to drain (work) daily in well under 6hrs--actually similar to my heavy Z usage days. (BTW, these users go back with contonuous RIM/BB product usage to the mid 1990s.)

Therefore you may have to carry extra battery, after-market external batt booster, and/or slog around a charging cord. Finally, to make complete this answer and somewhat similar to a prior post: A complete discharge will neither hurt nor promote the Q battery life/strength. Alternatively, a complete charge will neither hurt nor promote battery life as the Q will regulate to keep the battery from an absolute discharge and will not allow overcharge. Some of these tales are simply vestiges of truths left from older battery technologies but do not apply today.

[Note: Frankly, the Q times from my associates are a bit worse than my Z but perhaps these guys place more load than I. Yet, unlike me, I know thsy they have No Apps loaded (outside of provided at purchase) nor do they play games on their Qs. But TM for me and Verizon for my Q buddies.]

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:58 AM
    Hi, I also has bad experience with BB q10, i just buy 5 days ago and the battery is quite poor. When I charge full at night with standby mode the battery remain 80%, last night i am very surprise that the battery is still around 50% at 12.40 am, and suddently remain 0% at 7 am in the morning with standby mode.

I need suggestion, i would like to return the battery to the supplier because it really under my imagination, based on review in gsmarena endurance 56 hour if we use the phone, webbrowsing and video one hour a day. I don't think so it could be done.

May somebody inform me, it is the defect of the battery and i need to change or it is normal ?

Thanks you alot in advanced.
    08-08-13 07:27 PM
    Hi, I also has bad experience with BB q10, i just buy 5 days ago and the battery is quite poor. When I charge full at night with standby mode the battery remain 80%, last night i am very surprise that the battery is still around 50% at 12.40 am, and suddently remain 0% at 7 am in the morning with standby mode.

I need suggestion, i would like to return the battery to the supplier because it really under my imagination, based on review in gsmarena endurance 56 hour if we use the phone, webbrowsing and video one hour a day. I don't think so it could be done.

May somebody inform me, it is the defect of the battery and i need to change or it is normal ?

Thanks you alot in advanced.
    I'm not a battery expert by all means, try to let the battery drain down to below 10%, than charge it all the way up without interruption, if it doesn't reach 100% within 3hrs, something off, get it replace if you can.

I get a good full day out of my Q10, 18 to 20 hours and then some, but I charge it while I sleep regardless. 56hrs is a lot, (2 + days) if you don't touch the phone throughout the day you might get a few days out of it.
    08-08-13 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Load 10.2 os and you'll be fine

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:22 PM