Hey people,

I've had my Q10 for months now and it's been fine, loved the phone so far until now.

It's been exam period for my University, and when I go to my exams I take the battery out of my phone just be be sure it stays off (I turn the phone off before removing the battery) The first 2 exams everything with my phone went fine, but the last exam, when I put my battery back in, the phone won't turn on. At all, no LED, no response or anything, I've tried giving it a few hours charge, and even connecting it to my laptop. Tried turning it on without the SD card and the SIM... I get nothing.

Is there anything I can try? I've got some important files on my phone that i'd really like to keep.

Thanks.
    01-23-15 12:22 PM
    First, don't panic.
    Put the battery back and connect to the original charger over night. Not to computer to charge.
    Then, start the device by pressing at least 10 seconds (even more) on the power button. Sometimes, my Q doesn't start immediately, only starts by long pressing.
    Another solution is to buy an other battery (with charging bundle to swap) and to charge the battery outside the phone in the bundle and place a charged battery in the phone so you can be sure of the diagnosis "dead battery" which happens sometimes after 1-2 years of use.
    It is more "economic"/inexpensive if you know someone who has a Q10 who can lend you his battery fully charged to test your device.
    Avoid connecting your device to your computer to charge/read it for now, test the battery issue first.
    My advice. Cheers.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    Jacob Pullen likes this.
    01-23-15 12:42 PM
    Probably the battery isn't fitting in there well enough, must have become loose.
    Try placing a piece of paper to tighten it.

Q10 \m/
    01-23-15 12:45 PM
    For what it is worth, I had a similar issue with a previous Q. Initially was believed to be an issue with the charging port, and that it had shorted the phone. In the end, turned out to be a faulty on/off switch that had finally given up the ghost.

Cost about $80 to replace.....Love my Q's, but would love just ONE to be problem free.
    01-26-15 09:50 AM