Big problem here, my q10 is not booting up, and whenever i pull the battery out and put it back in, it just keeps flashing the red led light, one time, 4 times, one time, 4 times. and before all this happened, my phone wasnt opening any of my apps either, i knew there's something wrong, tried rebooting it multiple times but it still wouldnt open apps. is there a way i can fix it? the blackberry link app on my mac doesnt detect it either.
    07-07-13 05:49 AM
    The same happened to me, I downloaded a leaked OS and installed it, now my Q10 works better than before!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:08 AM
    how did u install the leaked os tho? when its not even recognized by blackberry link
    07-07-13 06:12 AM
    As I remember you don't need BlackBerry Link to do that, the leaked OS is an autoloader istelf, so just download, plug your Q10 in and start it.. there should be a good thread of how to do it more excactly

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:57 AM
    i tried it but the autoloader only says "connected to phone, 100% and doesnt do anything. i cant believe i cant find any help from the internet or youtube for this problem... is there any1 who knows how to deal with this???
    07-07-13 09:58 PM
    Hi this is a common problem with blackberries such as the 9900, and some z10s and apparently q10. That's a JVM corruption on your phone only way you can fix it is with a warranty replacement or new motherboard.

Happened to my 9900 during launch, left it charging and it died overnight you can probably find thousands of posts if you type 'bold 9900 bricked during night'.

Anyways I'm sorry but there's not much you can do when your PC can't connect to the phones JVM architecture and start a boot.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:07 PM
    So is there no way I can get it fixed without bringing it back to where I got it from? I got it from Rogers and I am in hong kong right now, it would be extremely hard for me to get it back to Rogers...
    07-07-13 11:20 PM
    So is there no way I can get it fixed without bringing it back to where I got it from? I got it from Rogers and I am in hong kong right now, it would be extremely hard for me to get it back to Rogers...
    Unfortunately it is a manufacturer defect more than anything, and even if it's fixable with leaked OS updates, I'd recommend you get a new phone. Try calling Rogers, asking how they proceed with such things.

My iPhone 4S bricked the first night I got it as well. 100% at night, went to sleep and when I woke up the phone was super hot and when I turned it on it said connect to charger. Took it to Apple ASAP. Same thing; it's very prone to happening with this new technology.
    07-08-13 12:12 AM
    sigh i guess i will try finding more help before i do so.. but thx!
    07-08-13 03:27 AM
    anyone else with an idea on how to fix this???
    07-08-13 05:56 AM
    You can't fix it because nothing can connect to the flash to load a new os.

Needs a new motherboard or a certified electrical technician to look at the board.

Not as a simple as plugging it into a computer because that's the broken part,JVM can't be connected to.

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    07-08-13 08:13 AM
    does that mean i will have to return it to rogers? can i bring it to those stores who fix phones to get it fixed??
    07-08-13 10:45 AM
    No those stores need a motherboard and they aren't certified to fix phones lol they just buy screw driver kits and parts kn ebay and sell them for marked up prices.

You should take it to rogers.

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    07-08-13 12:14 PM
    Big problem here, my q10 is not booting up, and whenever i pull the battery out and put it back in, it just keeps flashing the red led light, one time, 4 times, one time, 4 times. and before all this happened, my phone wasnt opening any of my apps either, i knew there's something wrong, tried rebooting it multiple times but it still wouldnt open apps. is there a way i can fix it? the blackberry link app on my mac doesnt detect it either.
    4 out of our 5 9900 units did the same thing.

Oh NO!
    07-08-13 12:20 PM
    smh so no way other than bringing it back to rogers?... :s
    07-08-13 01:18 PM
    Agreed you need to get a warranty replacement and your out of country!?
    Is rogers willing to send you a replacement overseas to your address?

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    07-08-13 01:21 PM
    I'm very disappointed that blackberries can still do this after the 9900 fiasco

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    07-08-13 02:02 PM
    good question cellphonejunkey, i hope they do, but im sure it will take them at least a week to send me one.. not sure how it works tho, do i have to send them my old phone then?
    07-08-13 02:18 PM
    I'm very disappointed that blackberries can still do this after the 9900 fiasco

Posted via CB10
    All phones do this. Even my iPhone 4S did it the first day I got it, I had to get a new one the next day. It's technology, it happens.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-13 03:51 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your computer, then reinstalling the leak?

Cranky
    07-08-13 05:07 PM
    Hi this is a common problem with blackberries such as the 9900, and some z10s and apparently q10. That's a JVM corruption on your phone only way you can fix it is with a warranty replacement or new motherboard.

Happened to my 9900 during launch, left it charging and it died overnight you can probably find thousands of posts if you type 'bold 9900 bricked during night'.

Anyways I'm sorry but there's not much you can do when your PC can't connect to the phones JVM architecture and start a boot.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Thanks for letting me know!!
    07-08-13 05:10 PM
    All phones do this. Even my iPhone 4S did it the first day I got it, I had to get a new one the next day. It's technology, it happens.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Well at least you have chosen the finest phone with which to compare. I have never heard an iPhone with this.
    07-08-13 05:12 PM
    Well at least you have chosen the finest phone with which to compare. I have never heard an iPhone with this.
    It personally happened to me. I don't think iPhones are the finest phones to be honest. I have had a 4S and I needed to replace it 4 times within the 1-year Apple warranty... If it were only once, I'd be fine with it, it happens, but FOUR times?

I love the BB build quality. Also, the Genius Bar said it happens quite frequently with phones, but while it happens frequently, it is very rare as well. It's like one of those rare but frequent problems; hard to explain.
    07-08-13 05:26 PM
    Rare but frequent? Ok.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    07-08-13 05:28 PM
    Has anyone suggested JLCmdr? Or would that not apply w/ the JVM issue

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:36 PM
31 12