Bad Keypad. That's all I need to say.

I don't come back to Crackberry as often.
    I'm not as much excited about BlackBerry news.

Q10 \m/
    06-04-14 09:46 PM
    That is know issue best thing to do is contact your carrier if you do not have any extended warranty from the store you purchased it from! I have a Q10 and have not had any issues.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 or Q10!
    06-04-14 09:51 PM
    The keyboard is amazing.. not sure what you're talking about

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    06-04-14 10:00 PM
    My Q10 is awesome! Idk what's up with yours, but you should try to get a new one or at least a new keyboard.. I love typing on mine! Feels just right!
    06-04-14 10:01 PM
    Maybe the typo keyboard is for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:01 PM

Q10 \m/
    If you dont like your Q lets trade with my Z10

White z10 user.
    06-04-14 11:09 PM
    I assume the infamous Q10 double typing issue is the root of this post. I would be non plussed with Blackberry if my phone had a similar problems as well.

This might not help you now, but the BB Q5 is less than half the cost of a Q10 (at least in Canada) and it doesn't seem to have the double typing issues and mine has been flawless so far.
    06-04-14 11:29 PM
    If you dont like your Q lets trade with my Z10

White z10 user.
    If you don't like your white Z10, please do trade with my black Z10.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-05-14 03:56 AM
    I've haad the double type problem for a long time then it suddenly disappeared. Maybe yours...

CB10 on the Q10
    06-05-14 05:12 AM
    I've haad the double type problem for a long time then it suddenly disappeared. Maybe yours...

CB10 on the Q10
    LOL. Had has two a's. Double typing is like Herpes for the Q10, everything can be just fine, then all of a sudden, you're suffering. [autocorrect automatically fixed 2 double typed items]

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-05-14 09:28 AM
    LOL. Had has two a's. Double typing is like Herpes for the Q10, everything can be just fine, then all of a sudden, you're suffering. [autocorrect automatically fixed 2 double typed items]

Posted via CB10
    That analogy deserves some kind of reward.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    andy957 likes this.
    06-05-14 09:30 AM
    Great keyboard on my Q10 since the first day with no problems that I've experienced. Go back to your service provider and complain and perhaps get an exchange

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:40 AM
    I started getting keyboard problems after 9 months of use. A few of my keys started occasionally double typing. It was a pain to replace it myself, but I needed to change my screen anyways because I shattered it. The new keyboard feels a lot more clicky and there is no more double typing, which is nice.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-05-14 09:50 AM

Q10 \m/
    I have been using a Q10 for a few months alongside my Samsung Note II, and the Note II was destroyed a couple of days ago, so I got my 9900 reactivated as my extra. Wow, even after months of using the Q10 as my main phone, the 9900 IMMEDIATELY became my favorite again. I disagree with the OP about the Q10 keyboard... it is bigger and therefore better. But without the shortcut keys and row of action buttons, the Q10 is simply inferior for my (business) use. I went back to the store and had the SIMs swapped and now the Q10 is the secondary phone. For my money, the Q10 has a much better keyboard and screen size/resolution, BBM is better, and a better battery. The 9900, which is a couple of years old now and running the obsolete OS (7.1), has a brighter screen, the apps all work, the reception is the same (GREAT for both phones on AT&T--same signal), and from a GTD standpoint, is superior not only to the Q10 but to anything else I have in my small business (iPhone 5, android phones... no windows phones). I forced myself to use the Q10 and got pretty good at it, and put the 9900 out of my mind, but having brought the 9900 back to life it is definitely a superior GTD phone and that is immediately apparent. Only negative is the spinning clock occasionally and the web browser sucks, as everyone knows.... I know everyone uses their phones differently, but for calling/texting/calendaring/messaging... well, if you are on a Q10 and you use your phone like me, don't even touch a 99XX or you will feel duped.

OS10 is a great OS, but IMHO it was a major mistake to release it without including all of the features that BB had built over the years into OS7 and, this far into the OS10 cycle, I can't imagine they are going to arrive soon. I just hope the next generation has all of the old features, some apps, and the new features, too. BB HUB and the swipey keyboard on ZXX phones are great features, but don't overshadow what BB built over a decade.

Best,

Charlie V
    06-05-14 11:17 AM

CB10 on the Q10
    Really it disappeared!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:24 AM
    But without the shortcut keys and row of action buttons, the Q10 is simply inferior for my (business) use.
    Have you updated to 10.2.1? You get speed dial back.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:31 AM
    I agree with the title, my Q10 is making me a lesser fan, but not because of the keyboard itself, rather the "overall incoherent composition" of it makes me wonder, what went wrong, when BlackBerry was developing the Q10...

Why having a phone with such a great, real, non-digital keyboard, while disabling all the software features (double layer keyboard function: shortcut and speed dial) that make the keyboard so powerful? BBGuys! I bought a phone with a keyboard, because I want to use the keyboard (surprise!) and not the touchscreen! Hello!? Pressing "c" for contacts or "l" for calendar etc., i.e. using the build-in shortcuts, made it so easy to open those functions. Typing the beginning letters of a function and then having to touch the app button is just inconvinient and laaaaaaame. The idea itself though (google-like search engine that answers to all of your words) is good. In addition, using shortcuts like “alt + f” to see all flagged messages or “alt + u” for unread mails was such a nice feature. At least the speed dial function is working again.

Again, why having keys, when the programs are not designed for their use? Often I listen to music and just want to switch from one song to another. In OS7 I would just press the volume buttons a little longer to switch, now I have to press the volume button to see the song and the digital switching buttons on the screen then I can press the switching button. This is (at least) one step too much. Often I would not want to have to look at the screen for switching (pulling out the phone would be the third step in a row, just to switch a song!?). Furthermore especially these digital buttons are a pain in the... finger. Sometimes I have to press them more than three times, because they will not work.

I miss the convenience key. Would be a nice feature to have several convenience keys on either side of the phone (e.g. three on the right (pictures, videos, music) and three on the left), although it would not be needed, if there are enough shortcuts on the regular keyboard.

I really hate the action bar. First of all the hiding function is not working on the Q10, but furthermore: Why having a digital send button (with the length of half the screen, just to really make sure people hit this button unintentionally when trying to mark something in the text field…), when there is already a key (r e t u r n) on the keypad? It is so redundant and annoying. In addition the touchscreen has so much latency and it is so annoying having to use the touchscreen when using the trackpad/pearl/sensor, the rightclick menu/options key, and the back button is so much more precise, faster and convenient. There would be enough place for it, once the action bar would be kicked out… With a really small gesture and a much shorter way from keyboard to trackpad than keyboard to touchscreen, the sensor-bar was way better. I hate having to use the "select more/several" feature, instead I love the possibility to hold down caps lock and scroll down via trackpad (I really miss that) and with my Bold 9900 there were so few misses, when selecting text. With the stupid touch & circle I have to tap with my finger several times (and still I will not be able to place the cursor in the right place) especially, when, like in my case, a very small font size (6,7,8) is used. Switching between apps/functions using the task manager was so nice and a real speedy keyzales combined with selecting text via the sensor. Copy and paste between programs was so easy. Now it is a flipping, swiping, tapping pain! Scrolling! I would be so glad, when I could scroll again without any failure (no unintentional opening of a link, no unintentional swiping of the app, just scrolling down!). With the sensor there never was such unintentional crap.

Not directly connected to the keyboard issue, but indirectly: I do not understand what the software/screen designers thought when they designed the message view of the hub and the remember app as a whole. Why do To:, Cc:, and Subject: plus the suggested contacts fill 80% of the screen and the text field only 20%? It suffices to suggest contacts when I enter the field. It should be the other way round 80% text field and 20% for the rest. Using the memo pad in OS7 was quick and easy, using the remember app is a clumsy waste of time. Notes are not ready and easy to go through. Entering date and time in a calendar entry or a task is such a pain. And again, why is about 30% above and 20% below the actual entry field blocked with unnecessary stuff (Cancel, Save, Folder, Notes, Task etc. above and action bar below)?

Summary: The Q10 slows me down and like @CharlieV#AC I have to force myself to use the phone. I really, really, really… hope the Q20/Classic will be a worthy successor of the Bold 9900.
    06-09-14 09:36 AM
    The keyboard is amazing.. not sure what you're talking about

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    Not sure if you've been living under a rock, but the Q10 keyboard issues have been discussed on this thread for some time now. It's a known issue. Double typing, spongy keys out of the box, etc.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-09-14 01:58 PM