Hi guys,

So I got a BlackBerry Q10, and it is all fine and dandy except for a loose, slightly wobbly spacebar key, which according to some people will get better over time oddly. However, it works fine so it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is the issue where if I am connected to wifi, the BlackBerry logo disappears making emails and BBM unusable. I have internet, cause I can still browse and use WhatsApp, just no email or BBM. It works perfectly fine if I disconnect from my wifi and just use mobile data.

Anyone else have this issue?

Q10 SQN100-1

Previously OS: 10.2.1.3442

NEW FINDINGS

Finding on 4/4/2015
    I have recently made a trip to Singapore. I have found that the issue is present only on my home wifi, and campus wifi. During my stay in Singapore, hotel wifi worked without a hitch. Don't know why my home and campus wifi is blocking signal.

Findings and Solution 13/5/2015
    After a number of trips overseas and connecting to a number of wifi hotspots, my BlackBerry data just sort of fixed itself. Using my home wifi now works. Solution is not a clear one, time and patience I suppose is key. No update was done since the issue first started.

NOTE: This issue is different from the reports of not being able to connect to wifi networks prior to updates. Like not being able to connect at all or have "wifi network is limited" error messages.
    Last edited by AlphaMikez; 05-12-15 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Purty things up and added note
    03-04-15 11:03 PM
    Hi try disable data services for workaround

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    03-04-15 11:05 PM
    ^^ Updating your OS would be a good start.
    03-04-15 11:05 PM
    Hi try disable data services for workaround

Disable mobile data? I'll give that a shot

^^ Updating your OS would be a good start.
    Wish I could Blaze, my phone is saying that's the latest version available to me. On the XL Axiata network. Been considering leak but I kinda a bit lazy to do a non destructive, and to use autoloader, too lazy to set up everything again..
    03-05-15 05:16 AM

Wish I could Blaze, my phone is saying that's the latest version available to me. On the XL Axiata network. Been considering leak but I kinda a bit lazy to do a non destructive, and to use autoloader, too lazy to set up everything again..
    Good luck yah mas hehe

03-05-15 05:45 AM

Go for a Blitz update via Sachesi. It's non destructive and pretty easy to do. You will have to overcome at least this much laziness ) or live without WiFi...your choice

CB10 on Q10 with OS 10.3.1.1581
    03-05-15 05:49 AM
    Is that happening only on a certain wifi network or wherever you go?

(suspecting funky firewall settings on router, or something, but that's just me

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 07:06 AM
    Try to register your phone when on Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > About and select Network in the Category's box.
    Now, tap the overflow (3 dots, bottom-right), then Register BlackBerry.

If it's not working, check your Wi-Fi router's settings (firewall, port forwarding, DMZ, ...).
    03-05-15 07:10 AM
    Go for a Blitz update via Sachesi. It's non destructive and pretty easy to do. You will have to overcome at least this much laziness ) or live without WiFi...your choice

CB10 on Q10 with OS 10.3.1.1581
    Didn't know what a blitz is, lol will look into it

Is that happening only on a certain wifi network or wherever you go?

(suspecting funky firewall settings on router, or something, but that's just me

•   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   •
    Pretty much all wifi sadly...I will check my router settings again to make sure, but what exactly am I going to be looking for?

Try to register your phone when on Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > About and select Network in the Category's box.
    Now, tap the overflow (3 dots, bottom-right), then Register BlackBerry.

If it's not working, check your Wi-Fi router's settings (firewall, port forwarding, DMZ, ...).
    done that. but no luck. I will check my router settings again to make sure, but what exactly am I going to be looking for?
    03-06-15 10:41 PM
    If router play nice with 10.2.1 and after update to 10.3.1 don't its up to BB not router !
    Stop that nonsense with "check router , its your settings etc..."
    BB fails with this update on Q10 (and some others ) .

ps. i have same problem with wifi(any router i connect) and 3G . I have 2 Q10 one 10.2.1 second 10.3.1 . 10.2.1 work perfect with everything , 10.3.1 is Sheise .
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-07-15 05:16 AM
    If router play nice with 10.2.1 and after update to 10.3.1 don't its up to BB not router !
    Stop that nonsense with "check router , its your settings etc..."
    BB fails with this update on Q10 (and some others ) .
    Don't mix up issues here. If you spoke about problem to connect or to access Internet (Wi-Fi Limited), know that the update upgraded the security stack. Some old router needs a new firmware.

Here, it's about BlackBerry service which cannot work if the phone cannot use the needed ports. So the OP has to check his router's settings. If he can put his phone's IP in the DMZ (where there is no filter), I bet BlackBerry service will register
    03-07-15 07:43 AM
    Don't mix up issues here. If you spoke about problem to connect or to access Internet (Wi-Fi Limited), know that the update upgraded the security stack. Some old router needs a new firmware.

Here, it's about BlackBerry service which cannot work if the phone cannot use the needed ports. So the OP has to check his router's settings. If he can put his phone's IP in the DMZ (where there is no filter), I bet BlackBerry service will register

YES IM TALKING ABOUT BB SERVICE NOT SIMPLE CONNECTION TO ROUTER !!

I just tried DMZ , same (i know that is not problem) , disconect after while (my routers are up to date running OpenWRT).
    I just saying if it has work with 10.2.1 then should work with 10.3.1 .
    Its impossible to do settings an all router i connect , you cannot say ex. in bar "please can you set my IP to DMZ on your router , my BB can not recive mail " !?!?!?!?! To me happens on 3G to !
    So it must be something wrong with 10.3.1 (on same wifi and 3G network second Q10 10.2.1 have not this problem ? !
    Again, dont say to do something on router , many people dont know how .
    03-07-15 08:03 AM
    I just tried DMZ , same (i know that is not problem) , disconect after while (my routers are up to date running OpenWRT).
    I just saying if it has work with 10.2.1 then should work with 10.3.1 .
    And you know for a fact that the BlackBerry service on 10.3.1 uses the same ports as in the 10.2.1 release ? If the DMZ didn't work, it might be a good idea to contact your Internet Service Provider to check that they don't filter some ports or protocol And keep cool in the meantime

By the way, OP has ann issue only on Wi-Fi, not with his carrier. It may be not the same issue as yours. I you have also problems with your carrier, it can be something else...
    03-07-15 10:47 AM
    Ok.
    Did you change settings on your router for BB service to work when you update OS ? I just saying that is not up to us (users) to do !
    And i have issue both on wifi and 3G (i have 2 sim same provider 10.2 work perfect 10.3 dropping bb service and yes i did swap sim to test issue)?!?!

And you are talking like you know how to fix it , i appreciate that you wanna help but nobody say changing something on router fixed problem .

Do you have any issues on your Q10 ?
    theGUNNER likes this.
    03-07-15 11:08 AM
    Did you change settings on your router for BB service to work when you update OS ? I just saying that is not up to us (users) to do !
    And i have issue both on wifi and 3G (i have 2 sim same provider 10.2 work perfect 10.3 dropping bb service and yes i did swap sim to test issue)?!?!

And you are talking like you know how to fix it , i appreciate that you wanna help but nobody say changing something on router fixed problem .

- I didn't need to change settings on my router ; my ISP provides an auto-update feature
    - Yeah, I'm here to help, not to rant (and hijacking the OP thread for that).
    - And, except for the volume issue, I have no problem with my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243.

Now, let the OP follow our advices so we can resolve his issue. By the way, OP, did you connect to another Wi-Fi Hotspot (from another provider too) and see if the BlackBerry service did register ? I would like to know if the issue is only with your router or not. And maybe your answer will calm Warios
    simonbarnes likes this.
    03-08-15 06:25 AM
    Ok.

- I didn't need to change settings on my router ; my ISP provides an auto-update feature
    - Yeah, I'm here to help, not to rant (and hijacking the OP thread for that).
    - And, except for the volume issue, I have no problem with my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243.

Now, let the OP follow our advices so we can resolve his issue. By the way, OP, did you connect to another Wi-Fi Hotspot (from another provider too) and see if the BlackBerry service did register ? I would like to know if the issue is only with your router or not. And maybe your answer will calm Warios

Lengthy discussion from the both of you lol. It can't be my wifi cause my family uses BlackBerry too! We have 1 Q10 and 2 Z10 in the house. Both the Z10s have no issue with the wifi, only my Q10 does. At first I thought it was because I changed routers, but both my Z10 is fine. I'm not on 10.3.1, was tempted to update with a blitz or autoloader, but decided against it given the bad feedback.

Still have no clue why it is disconnecting. So for now, I'm keeping off all wifi. Contacted BlackBerry Help on Twitter, after much delay, this was all they can give me for an answer..

KB34436-BlackBerry 10 smartphone loses connection with the BlackBerry Infrastructure periodically when connected to either Wi-Fi or the mobile network
    Warios and simonbarnes like this.
    03-09-15 08:38 AM
    Would be nice to see more of those with fixes instead of, investigating forever.
    03-09-15 08:45 AM
    Last modified the 09-23-2013 And not very helpful... So your 3 BlackBerry phones run the same 10.2.1 release, right ?

Did you have the same issue while connected to another Wi-Fi hot-spot ? Or is-it only at home ? Because you said "Pretty much all Wi-Fi" in a previous answer... That means all the ones you tested, like a free public hot-spot ?
    03-09-15 08:46 AM
    One Q10 have drops BB service on all wifi connections i tried (ca. 8) , another (10.2.1) Q10 have no drops on the same hotspots or routers .
    Drops are from 10sec - 20 minutes(no BB service) .
    03-09-15 09:19 AM
    I'm still on 10.2.1 and have had similar issues from time to time. My work around has always been turn off data services and then the BlackBerry logo appears. I then usually am able to turn data services back on.

When i'm done using the phone I usually just do a reboot and it's all good again for a while.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-09-15 11:25 PM
    Last modified the 09-23-2013 And not very helpful... So your 3 BlackBerry phones run the same 10.2.1 release, right ?

Did you have the same issue while connected to another Wi-Fi hot-spot ? Or is-it only at home ? Because you said "Pretty much all Wi-Fi" in a previous answer... That means all the ones you tested, like a free public hot-spot ?
    Uhh not quite, the Z10s in the house got the update to 10.3.1 couple weeks ago. Note that the Q10 I am using is newly acquired. Didn't like the classic for the price I had to pay and hearing the tool belt needs refining.

ONLY my Q10 is stuck on 10.2.1. I've tried campus wifi, starbucks, other coffee shops and even my portable wifi modem thing. All the same case, it'll work fine for 5-15 minutes before BB data services cuts off and I can't BBM and stuff. Problem alleviated once I get off wifi and get back on cellular data..
    03-10-15 02:24 AM
    I have now tried all the above advice and there is no return of the Blackberry symbol over WiFi (and so no BBM) on my Q10 since updating to 10.3, this is on top of the Notification volume issue also with the 10.3 update. Blackberry acknowledge the volume 'issue' but no fix available ......... great!
    3 x Z10's in the house have no problem after update!
    Network use in no problem and Blackberry symbol is there and BBM functioning. Connect to WiFi and symbol is gone along with service. The phone will still connect to the 'general' internet so still receiving email via WiFi just the BBM gone.
    I will also add that @BlackberryHelp is without doubt the worst company support I have ever needed to use ABSOLUTELY APPALLING!!!
    03-16-15 03:26 PM
    on my Q10 low notif. is fixed with latest update and BB service still drops
    AlphaMikez likes this.
    03-16-15 04:55 PM
    My gf z30 had also started faced the same issue since yesterday, but cant say or figure out is it after updating or not. Coz now I am running 10.2.1 in my Q10 and she was running 2558 till today. All a sudden BlackBerry icon went off. She never used mobile data. So it was never on. In my case I use mobile data, and soon I switch mobile data off, symbol goes. But at times wifi comes to her mobile and goes off in sometime...and it repeats in a very long interval of times.
    But her phone was working fine in another wifi, but we couldnt check for longer time, coz it was in our firends place.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:15 PM
    I have now tried all the above advice and there is no return of the Blackberry symbol over WiFi (and so no BBM) on my Q10 since updating to 10.3, this is on top of the Notification volume issue also with the 10.3 update. Blackberry acknowledge the volume 'issue' but no fix available ......... great!
    3 x Z10's in the house have no problem after update!
    Network use in no problem and Blackberry symbol is there and BBM functioning. Connect to WiFi and symbol is gone along with service. The phone will still connect to the 'general' internet so still receiving email via WiFi just the BBM gone.
    I will also add that @BlackberryHelp is without doubt the worst company support I have ever needed to use ABSOLUTELY APPALLING!!!
    I've reached out to @BlackberryHelp and was told to contact my carrier. In Indonesia, carriers don't give two craps, they can't figure out what's wrong with WIFI! They are usually helpful, not this time.

My gf z30 had also started faced the same issue since yesterday, but cant say or figure out is it after updating or not. Coz now I am running 10.2.1 in my Q10 and she was running 2558 till today. All a sudden BlackBerry icon went off. She never used mobile data. So it was never on. In my case I use mobile data, and soon I switch mobile data off, symbol goes. But at times wifi comes to her mobile and goes off in sometime...and it repeats in a very long interval of times.
    But her phone was working fine in another wifi, but we couldnt check for longer time, coz it was in our firends place.

Posted via CB10
    I never really switch mobile data off, its always on in my case, but when the phone connects to WIFI, it switches data from cellular to wifi and it just disconnects from BlackBerry. Still waiting for 10.3.1 to officially be pushed, don't want any more bugs atm. Funny thing is, this shouldn't be a bug that's happening...
    03-18-15 10:31 AM
56 123