Hi. I am now on my fourth Q10 since May. The first had a faulty battery, but the next two each suddenly became unresponsive after a month or two of use (I'd tap on any app - including text messaging - and the icon would shake but nothing would open). I'd try to restart by holding down the top power button, but both times, they died for no apparent reason, and no amount of reboots, battery pulls or attempted software updates would wake them up.
    I'm with O2 in the UK and they sent each phone off for repair, but both times the handset was just replaced, so they couldn't tell me what the fault was and I had no idea what I needed to do or do differently for it not to happen again.
    So it's happening again.
    I left my phone on charge for a couple of hours and have come back to find that it won't unlock. I have a password code, but it the box is red and says 'cannot access password 1/10'. It's not letting me type anything in and each time I hit 'ok', it counts another /10. If I hit cancel, I can see my home screen and time, which is correct, and that I have a BBM notification. I tried opening the camera via the icon, but the timer spins and then nothing. I tried calling my phone from a landline and the line rang, but the Q10 showed nothing at all - no incoming call, no red light. I tried plugging it into my computer (iMac), but it doesn't show up on BBLink and the handset stays in the same state. The phone is also cold.
    Here's my dilemma: do I try to restart/reboot and risk it not turning on again? Or do I leave it overnight, in which case I'll have to leave it plugged in so the battery doesn't die?
    Sorry for the essay, but I really love this phone (when it works). I don't see myself using anything other than a BlackBerry (I have for the last 5+ years) and there's a distinct lack of keyboard/button phones out right now. But I feel like I'm running out of defences. I've done my research and it seems like this isn't a common thing, so I'm completely lost for ideas.
    If anyone can suggest anything useful, that'd be nice.
    Thanks.
    09-14-13 04:32 PM
    When entering your password remember it's case sensitive. Also, make sure that the ALT key hasn't been pressed. I've done that before.

Do you have an external memory card? Maybe it's bad. Are you using the same SIM from the first phone? It may be bad too.
    09-14-13 05:29 PM
    Nothing comes up in the password box at all. I've got a '0' to come up so far a couple of times, but that is it. No ALT key pressed.
    I've used a new memory card since handset number two got sent off with it still inside, but the sim card is from the first, as I had a normal sim before and this needed a micro sim.
    And... it's now completely dead. Battery pull does nothing, press and hold the power key does nothing. There goes handset number four.
    09-14-13 05:53 PM
    Hey. I know this might sound a bit dumb, but have you tested the power out of your home sockets? Dd you ever happen to have power surges at home?
    09-14-13 11:35 PM
    I use a Belkin surge protector, which my iMac, stereo, lamp and phone chargers all also plug into and I've never had a problem with any of them. And I've never had a power surge anywhere else in the house either.
    The other times this has happened, the Q10 hasn't been plugged in and I've been using it normally until it randomly stops responding. I'm really lost, to be honest.
    09-15-13 04:12 AM

The only constant has been your sim card. This might be the cause. Get a new one so that if it happens again, then you can rule this out.
    09-15-13 04:34 AM