So, today was the first day at work sporting my Q10. I work in IT, with a bunch of nerds, who use either an iPhone or an Android device. When I had told my colleagues that I was getting a BB, they looked at me, laughed at me, and mocked me. However, after today, when I was showing it around, I ended up getting lots of compliments. I also got compliments from a few professors, who back in the day had Blackberries. They loved the keyboard and the way the Q10 is built.

So far it has been a smooth transition from Android. I am getting pretty fast with the keyboard. Honestly I have no complaints whatsoever. I got all the apps I need, and if there is not an App, I have created shortcuts (for example BOA). However, the best thing about this phone is the battery. I woke up at 5am this morning, and I have sent a lot of emails, texts, lots of web browsing and about two hours of calls...the battery is at 40%! Coming from Android, it is a big big difference. If you could only see the big smile in my face :-)

All I need now is a few contacts on BBM, since I am probably the only one in my circle of friends, and work that has a Blackberry. So, please add me to BMM:

3342DC3A

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:39 PM
    Please report the battery life after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    TSY-CB likes this.
    06-13-13 10:38 PM
    Will do! It's also nice that the phone doesn't get hot while running lots of apps or watching video. My RAZR was like a hot potato anytime I had a lot of stuff running. The 2gig of RAM on this phone definitely helps with that.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:43 PM
    It is a great phone. Only a couple small software fixes and it will become a perfect phone in my book.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:46 PM
    What area of I T do you work in?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:55 AM
    Until more people try the new bb10 OS there will be the doubters out there but they will eventually come around and see how good a job blackberry did with BB 10.
    Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
    06-14-13 05:59 AM
    Wife has the Q10, and her battery life us crazy good. 2 days without blinking, 3 days often. She's not a crazy power user but that's still impressive.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-14-13 06:22 AM
    It is a great phone. Only a couple small software fixes and it will become a perfect phone in my book.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely! One of them amongst several is not being able to copy paste and edit numbers into the phone app natively, but an app called "Flow Dialer" takes care of that though! Enjoy your awesome Q10!
    Last edited by NaijaBerry; 06-14-13 at 08:43 AM.
    06-14-13 06:28 AM

Bit more than a couple, I'd say.....but for a brand new OS roll-out, it's not doing badly for what it is. Just wish the folks at RIM (oops, I meant BB) realized that it was way more than just a keyboard that kept us loyal.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:40 AM
    I work in User Support. On top of troubleshooting all kinds of issues for university staff, faculty, and students, I am in charge of imaging and maintaining about 500 computers in our different labs. I work with both PCs and Macs. I also coordinate training for our student employees, and graduate assistants. I do a little bit of everything, but I enjoy working in higher ed, we always have access to the latest technologies.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:16 AM
    Let me share my battery experience: It's pretty good! Or actually very good! My iPhones (4S & 5) and 5 android phones would never last longer than �9-ish hours. Twitter, facebook and whatsapp just kill their batteries. My Q10? It lasts from 8AM till 1AM after midnight again and I'll still have like 20-40%. It's crazy good. (I've had it for a week now).

One issue: Sometimes it seems to do something which drains the battery without me even touching the phone or being near it. I've heard people say it's an issue with the latest update and I hope this will be resolved soon, but I don't have it daily and it seems to resolve itself if I have it in the charger for a bit and then it restores to normal usage.

Anyhow the battery life is great. Here's my current battery life (yesterday + today).

dietertong likes this.
    06-14-13 07:27 AM
    my friend got an S4 and keeps on yappin about the ratina display, big screen speed n everything .. and im stuck with the thought that whether i wanna go with Z10/Q10 or an android based phone.

but im glad u like the new phone and getting appreciated for that.

i suppose its the variety in the software that's what really keep Blackberry apart. Now a days you see the same interface on every other phone, whether be a high end or a low end. that makes android look so common and I dont really want to use it then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-14-13 07:53 AM
    I won't deny it, the S4 is a monster of a phone, but to me the build quality is its fall down. It feels like a toy, something that the young kiddos would want. It can do all kinds of things, but honestly I strongly believe the Q10 beats it in terms of a communication device. Also, the OS is easier to navigate, the multitasking is way better. It seems to handle memory a lot better. I feel that you have to try the Q10 to see what I mean. It's true that OS 10 is lacking in Apps, but there are ways as you can read in the forums of sideloading Android apps. Personally, I have everything I need. I mainly use my phone for lots of emails, texting, browing the web, Twitter and Facebook. It kicks **** on all of these.

Posted via CB10
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    06-14-13 08:02 AM
    my friend got an S4 and keeps on yappin about the ratina display, big screen speed n everything .. and im stuck with the thought that whether i wanna go with Z10/Q10 or an android based phone.

but im glad u like the new phone and getting appreciated for that.

i suppose its the variety in the software that's what really keep Blackberry apart. Now a days you see the same interface on every other phone, whether be a high end or a low end. that makes android look so common and I dont really want to use it then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    If you like your 9900 you will luurv the Q10! I have an S3 as a second phone, very laggy phone. I tested the supposedly faster S4, not much difference really! S3 is good for fun stuff, pictures, games and watching movies. But when it comes to typing and messaging, the Q rules!
    06-14-13 08:46 AM