My Q10 do'nt Work at all, I can't even reboot my phone. It is brand new, I plugged in my SIMcard and so it started to ask for a WI-FI connection, which I do not have! And now it simply stand still with violet color background. Going nowhere at all. I can't even reboot or pull out the battery. When I put it back, it still shows WI-FI standing!??What can I do? Please help me.....
    05-15-13 04:31 AM
    Can't you swipe sideways and skip that screen? I think that's what I did when I got my Q10 (I was moving at the time and didn't have WiFi either)
    05-15-13 04:35 AM
    Hi Leuvur and welcome to the CB community !

Difficult to diagnose as is ...
    Normally, wifi is not required if your SIM can access the network.
    In the setup process, you can skip the wifi setup with a right to left swipe.

I should get my hands on my new Q10 by the end of the day, so that I can be more specific.
    05-15-13 04:40 AM
    My Q10 do'nt Work at all, I can't even reboot my phone. It is brand new, I plugged in my SIMcard and so it started to ask for a WI-FI connection, which I do not have! And now it simply stand still with violet color background. Going nowhere at all. I can't even reboot or pull out the battery. When I put it back, it still shows WI-FI standing!??What can I do? Please help me.....
    That's wierd. You should be able to skip this step of the initial setup and set up wifi later.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:41 AM
    No, I can't swipe at all. It is just standing, not even a 'cancel' botton!
    05-15-13 04:49 AM
    No, I can't swipe at all. It is just standing, not even a 'cancel' botton!
    Can you please answer theses :
    1. Are you in the setup process ?
    2. What is exactly written/displayed on the screen ?
    3. Is the SIM activated (by your carrier) already ?
    4. Have you set the SIM (pin input) during setup (or is there a "Emergency calls only" mention on the screen) ?
    05-15-13 05:16 AM
    Just received my Q10 and had no problem going back and forth during setup on the wifi setup screen... more inputs needed!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 02:48 PM
    (quoted from a satellited thread
    YES, I am in the the beginning of the setup process, 2nd screen of setup
    written on the setup screen: "setup WI-FI to continue"
    My SIMcard is used before back in my BB 9900
    just activated SIMcard in 1st screen of setup
    on top of 3. screen of setup is written: "emergency call only", rest of screen ask different kinds of WI-FI names, --- and here I am ... STOPPED! What can I do to continue? My swipe not working (maybe totally reset-code can erase all) ! Please, help me out of this situation
    Now, this is weird.
    I think you have a problem with the swipe.
    Don't take it bad, but I have to check you handle it right.
    One usual mistake is to try to swipe the message at the bottom of the screen.

Let's try this :
    Say you have your Q10 in your right hand with its thumb on the right part of the screen, with your thumb 10% out of the screen (not mandatory, but may help to "get it right").
    Now in a single gesture, swipe your thumb to the left exactly as if you wanted to peel off the screen, but soft and gently.

=> What happens ?

If nothing, try the opposite, with the thumb on the left part of the screen, wiping to the right (should take you back to previous step of settings).
    => What happens ?

Sorry, it's quite difficult to check your problem like that ... We'll get it fixed, be patient !!!

Wow, just realized : Your SIM card from a 9900 ??? How's that; they don't have the same size !
    Q10 is microSIM while 9900 is "regular".
    Are you sure it is not a card provided with your new device ?
    Because you should be connected to a network after step 1, IMHO.
    I strongly suggest you get in touch with your carrier ...

There's something wrong here !

P.S: reboot = hold the top power button for 1-2 seconds and the tap on "Restart".
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-18-13 at 01:25 PM.
    05-18-13 12:39 PM
    Had 9860, Now for z30 got new micro sim with keeping same mobile number.
    Now on start i see a message 'Cant Verify APN', with OK and Settings buttons.
    Click any of those 2, result is Same. ...."Waiting for Data Connection..."
    Left Swipe shows WIFI connection which i don't have and no further Left Swipe.
    I am stuck...
    11-19-13 07:23 AM
    You may need to finish the setup on wifi and then trouble shoot once the phone is setup. If your carrier has not introduced the Z30 yet, their network may not be setup to push the APN settings to your phone. You can probably add them manually, but the ability to edit APN settings on the new BlackBerry phones are also controlled by the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:50 AM
    (quoted from a satellited thread

Now, this is weird.
    I think you have a problem with the swipe.
    Don't take it bad, but I have to check you handle it right.
    One usual mistake is to try to swipe the message at the bottom of the screen.

Let's try this :
    Say you have your Q10 in your right hand with its thumb on the right part of the screen, with your thumb 10% out of the screen (not mandatory, but may help to "get it right").
    Now in a single gesture, swipe your thumb to the left exactly as if you wanted to peel off the screen, but soft and gently.

=> What happens ?

If nothing, try the opposite, with the thumb on the left part of the screen, wiping to the right (should take you back to previous step of settings).
    => What happens ?

Sorry, it's quite difficult to check your problem like that ... We'll get it fixed, be patient !!!

Wow, just realized : Your SIM card from a 9900 ??? How's that; they don't have the same size !
    Q10 is microSIM while 9900 is "regular".
    Are you sure it is not a card provided with your new device ?
    Because you should be connected to a network after step 1, IMHO.
    I strongly suggest you get in touch with your carrier ...

There's something wrong here !

P.S: reboot = hold the top power button for 1-2 seconds and the tap on "Restart".
    11-12-14 03:39 PM
    Am having the same problem too.... Am finding it difficult to pass the second setup stage... Its asking me to connect to wifi... I have tried everything to get passed this stage but they all proved abortive... The worst is i cant swipe either way ryt or left.... My sim is micro... My device is z30... And when i swipe from top to bottom... It shows make Emergency Calls Only... Please i need help... Am soso tired and its killing me.... Pls help me out... Thanking you
    11-12-14 03:51 PM