I feel like I'm trying to achieve a very simple thing here but I can't track down how to do it - even with other apps.

I need my RIM to lose it's mind if I get an email with a certain text in the subject, and even better if it can only be while in a certain profile. I thought the Priority Hub would do this for me - it filters the emails properly but the notifications themselves don't work.

I tried with Hub++ but I can't seem to use "Email" as my "Received From" criteria - otherwise it seems like it would work.
    03-10-15 10:07 AM
    I feel like I'm trying to achieve a very simple thing here but I can't track down how to do it - even with other apps.

I need my RIM to lose it's mind if I get an email with a certain text in the subject, and even better if it can only be while in a certain profile. I thought the Priority Hub would do this for me - it filters the emails properly but the notifications themselves don't work.

I tried with Hub++ but I can't seem to use "Email" as my "Received From" criteria - otherwise it seems like it would work.
    You need to look at enabling a "Level 1 Alert". From the Hub, go to Settings > Priority Hub and ensure Priority Hub is enabled. Then, tap "Add Rule" on the bottom bar. Give the filter a name, and select which email account will be receiving these messages. Then under "Subject", add the text that will indicate this is a high priority message. Scroll down and Set the "Importance" from the drop down (probably high, in this case), and check the box beside "Enable Level 1 Alert".

Now, any message that meets the criteria will be in red text in the Hub and have a distinctive notification tone that will override your current notification settings. If you are running 10.3.0 or 10.3.1, you can customize the notification behaviour by going to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to Level 1 Notification. Ringtone, vibration, LED colour and Instant Previews can all be modified.

Hope this helps.
    Isn't the idea of the Priority Hub to group together important email for you. If it takes it from all over your device and puts it into the priority hub, the emails would each use their respective LEDs and sounds, correct? Never heard of having a special led or tone for a filter.....
    03-10-15 10:20 AM

You need to look at enabling a "Level 1 Alert". From the Hub, go to Settings > Priority Hub and ensure Priority Hub is enabled. Then, tap "Add Rule" on the bottom bar. Give the filter a name, and select which email account will be receiving these messages. Then under "Subject", add the text that will indicate this is a high priority message. Scroll down and Set the "Importance" from the drop down (probably high, in this case), and check the box beside "Enable Level 1 Alert".

Now, any message that meets the criteria will be in red text in the Hub and have a distinctive notification tone that will override your current notification settings. If you are running 10.3.0 or 10.3.1, you can customize the notification behaviour by going to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to Level 1 Notification. Ringtone, vibration, LED colour and Instant Previews can all be modified.

Hope this helps.
    03-10-15 12:43 PM
    I thought you could change the email notification sound in each contact's configuration by profile? So if a certain person sent you an email, you would receive a different sound?
    03-10-15 01:13 PM
    You can, but that's not what the OP was looking for. He wanted to filter based on text in the subject line.
    03-10-15 01:43 PM