Hi guys, I'd like to try some review this Q10 BB Smartphone after usage not more than 1 week. This review is written as my own opinion comparing to my previous (android) and current (ios) phone, and to be noted, this is my first handset with blackberry10 os

Strength
    1. Very nice keypad, loves the feeling using keypad again after several years back with blackberry os. No complain
    2. Screen and colour quality : ok
    3. Absolute nice feature for BB Hub management, all my sosmed app works well, BBM, Whatsapp, Ym, Various email from exchange and gmail, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, voicemail, Notification and pin messages (I setted seperately folder to avoid any mixed up messages)
    4. Email, as usual, I don't think any other OS can compete with Blackberry email management and his real time email
    5. BBM, clearly much more powerful comparing to android and ios version. I personally so amazed of his dark background setting, has video call and screen share feature (although ios and android version just need some upgrade to get this feature). I'm not sure this is correct, but for me, BBM is cleary run more smoothly in Blackberry instead of ios and android phone
    6. Camera, time shift feature which is fun for me to use
    7. Physically, Q10 has a nice built body, so nice to be hold. I just find out that black and white Q10 has different texture on their batt backdoor. But I prefer white one
    8. In some time ahead, we will receive upgrage OS 13.3.1 with blackberry blend feature, and from the idea, it should be really useful for me
    9. Nice speaker sound

Weakness
    1. Battery !! I've read many reviews, and some said Q10 has amazing battery life, and I complete disagree with that, sorry. My batt life drain quite fast, from 7 in the morning, until 1 pm, left only 20%, with normal usage (for me), actively 1 account email, with several low traffic email, BBM, Whatsapp, facebook connected, and some browsing. IOS with same usage can last long until 5 pm, android with same usage can last long until 3pm. Q10 with smaller screen and same batt capacity, should be better than this. (NO SIDELOAD APP)
    2. Heat !! wow charge or discharge while using the handset ... anyone disagree with this point ??
    3. Complicate phonebook, and so many hidden setting which need special attention , otherwise you will missed some crucial setting. I need 2 days to struggle with Q10 phonebook to make it clean and managed and linked correctly
    4. Blackberry really need to improve the quantity of his native application, at least trending social media. Please don't play it easy and just ask your customer to use side load which is very uncomfortable.
    5. For me , in Blackberry world, mostly paid application, unlike android with huge free alternative we can choose (but the catch is, with commercial of course), and of course ios (so much better compare to android with less commercial)
    6. BBM sticker, we must paid for even a simple smiley sticker pack ? come on ..... if you want youngster to use blackberry , at least give them good and free stickers, do not wait until this trend become un-trend, and you offer free sticker, it's useless

Recomendation : if you work with email, popular IM (BBM and Whatsapp) and don't care about games
    Not recommended : if you're looking for bigger screen to watch video, play games and like to try lots of application
    Pham Duc Viet likes this.
    10-13-14 05:14 AM
    I'm agree with you in weakness.
    10-13-14 09:54 AM
    Good review! I strongly agree with u for the Email compare with android n ios. BlackBerry email is faster n more reliable. It really make things more accurate.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:37 PM
    Battery should get better after the break-in period. Mine lasts all day no problems now.

Q10 is an excellent phone.
    10-13-14 10:45 PM
    I liked the review but something I don't agree:

Battery life is really good.

Can you make a description of what you have on?
    Wi-fi? NFC? Bluetooth? 4G? 3G and 2G? Apps open? Accounts sync time? (very important because for calendar and contacts you need only "24h"; for email can be "Manual" because almost sure it is on "Push"

Also, the Bright at what level? Mine on minimum and I really see very well

So, when redaction of an review is being made, small details are the "big" details.

Best regards
    ArchGalileu

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 10:57 PM
    Battery should get better after the break-in period. Mine lasts all day no problems now.

Q10 is an excellent phone.
    May I know what is the break-in period ?
    10-14-14 03:38 AM
    I absolutely disagree about the battery, you may have a defective battery or you're phone is consuming it with no reason (that should explain the heat). My Q10 lasts all day long, maybe around 18 hours with moderate to heavy use. When I use it only for text on whatsapp and only light use, it will last more than a day.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:08 AM
    I liked the review but something I don't agree:

Battery life is really good.

Can you make a description of what you have on?
    Wi-fi? NFC? Bluetooth? 4G? 3G and 2G? Apps open? Accounts sync time? (very important because for calendar and contacts you need only "24h"; for email can be "Manual" because almost sure it is on "Push"

Also, the Bright at what level? Mine on minimum and I really see very well

So, when redaction of an review is being made, small details are the "big" details.

Best regards
    ArchGalileu

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    Wifi on
    mobile network 3/2G
    NFC/Blutooth off
    background running : bbm, whatsapp, phonecall, sometimes I left CB10 or browser on, and sometimes lync (sideload) on if I had to.
    Email, of course push, otherwise it's useless if I can't get my email real time.
    Account sync time : not really understand this, Need to re-look again
    Brightness around 80%. Isn't Q10 do not "really" let us set the brightness ? I figure it out while I try to set brightness on dark condition and bright condition, the brightness are different

Apart from all these setting, please be noted, this review is based on comparison among ios, android and blackberry 10 handset, with smiliar usage, similiar setting, similiar app running (even iphone with more messaging app running background).

And as I mentioned, Q10 has the smaller screen, with the larger battery capacity (Q10 = Li Ion 2100 mAH, iphone 5 - Li Po 1440 mAH, samsung galaxy s3 mini - Li Ion = !500 mAH). Logically thinking and spec speaking, Q10 has the biggest battery capacity should has the longest battery life.

I should add 1 important point in my review, about OS management (all these phone has dual core processor)
    1. Ios, has the best ios management, with so many app running back ground, this phone run smoothly without any lag (ios 7, ios 8 has some bug needs to be fixed). I never restart my iphone in months
    2. Blackberry 10, second best ios management, once in a while has some lag, but still amazing
    3. android, nothing much to say, worst ! (for samsung galaxy s3 mini, for others high end phone, I have no comment)

I absolutely disagree about the battery, you may have a defective battery or you're phone is consuming it with no reason (that should explain the heat). My Q10 lasts all day long, maybe around 18 hours with moderate to heavy use. When I use it only for text on whatsapp and only light use, it will last more than a day.

Posted via CB10
    Battery defective, could be the possibility, but this phone I purchase only not more than 1 week.
    about the heat, I think it's normal due to the burden I set on my hub, and some others review whether on youtube or other website, also mention about this issue
    Anyway, I write this review based on my own usage and that's the fact, maybe for some others with different usage has no battery issue, I don't know, but the heat issue, I guess everyone with medium or heavy usage experience that. Can anyone else confirm this heat issue ? or my phone has some defect ?
    10-14-14 04:27 AM
    Wifi on
    mobile network 3/2G
    NFC/Blutooth off
    background running : bbm, whatsapp, phonecall, sometimes I left CB10 or browser on, and sometimes lync (sideload) on if I had to.
    Email, of course push, otherwise it's useless if I can't get my email real time.
    Account sync time : not really understand this, Need to re-look again
    Brightness around 80%. Isn't Q10 do not "really" let us set the brightness ? I figure it out while I try to set brightness on dark condition and bright condition, the brightness are different

Apart from all these setting, please be noted, this review is based on comparison among ios, android and blackberry 10 handset, with smiliar usage, similiar setting, similiar app running (even iphone with more messaging app running background).

And as I mentioned, Q10 has the smaller screen, with the larger battery capacity (Q10 = Li Ion 2100 mAH, iphone 5 - Li Po 1440 mAH, samsung galaxy s3 mini - Li Ion = !500 mAH). Logically thinking and spec speaking, Q10 has the biggest battery capacity should has the longest battery life.

I should add 1 important point in my review, about OS management (all these phone has dual core processor)
    1. Ios, has the best ios management, with so many app running back ground, this phone run smoothly without any lag (ios 7, ios 8 has some bug needs to be fixed). I never restart my iphone in months
    2. Blackberry 10, second best ios management, once in a while has some lag, but still amazing
    3. android, nothing much to say, worst ! (for samsung galaxy s3 mini, for others high end phone, I have no comment)

Battery defective, could be the possibility, but this phone I purchase only not more than 1 week.
    about the heat, I think it's normal due to the burden I set on my hub, and some others review whether on youtube or other website, also mention about this issue
    Anyway, I write this review based on my own usage and that's the fact, maybe for some others with different usage has no battery issue, I don't know, but the heat issue, I guess everyone with medium or heavy usage experience that. Can anyone else confirm this heat issue ? or my phone has some defect ?
    I have 4 Google Apps accounts
    1 Exchange account
    BBM (a lot BBM Groups)
    Facebook
    Google Talk
    Skype (a lot usage and eats a lot battery)
    A lot video shooting and Story Maker
    Even more Browser (searching and tracking packages, also Downloads of PDF usually)
    Video viewing
    Documents photos 2 Pdf
    A lot send emails with many attachments
    Many, Many calls
    A lot CB10

My Brightness is on "0%" and I see really well.

About the sync, in the email, calendar and contacts accounts there is a "setting" that chooses from 30 minutes until "manual" for sync

This "sync" is very resourceful because it connects every "time" defined.

So check it out

Or, like already people sad, you have an defective battery

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    10-14-14 04:42 AM
    Wow 0% brightness?? Can't stand that hehehhe
    I've already change all sync to 24 hours, let see

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:51 AM
    The Q10's battery has always been one of its best features. I can sometimes go more than 36 hours on one battery charge, using my phone mostly for talk, email, txt, BBM, CB, and some websites. I occasionally. share photos with friends by email or MMS, but I don't use Facebook or Instagram. I don't play games which include a lot of video, and I prefer light themes in BB10 where available. I have email set to sync every 30 minutes, and I keep Location, BT, & NFC services off until I need to use them. The only 3rd-party app I keep running 24/7 on my home page is BeWeather Pro.

So even if I used a lot more image- and video-based apps, I still don't think I'd have the problem with battery life as the OP does.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    10-14-14 11:41 AM
    I thought once i'd be using the passport i'd ditch my Q10 but I am surprisingly happy when i have to use it again.
    I find it amazingly efficient for its tiny dimensions !
    I first thought the Classic would be redundant or too much of a step back to old legacy OSs' users but now I have come to the conclusion that the Passport is blackberry's phablet and the real smartphone will be the Classic for it's more like a Q10 implementation and more handy.
    The Passport is really great but it's very innovative and its keyboard so close to the screen needs some time to control.
    I now believe the Classic will be a great device and a must have for every Q10's owner that didn't pull the trigger on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    10-14-14 12:11 PM
    Why is classic better than q10?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:06 PM
    Why is classic better than q10?
    The next version is not always the best one. We have a lot of example in the world. But, the company has to add more features (like the Classic Belt) and also retrieve others (like the Q10 removable battery).
    At the end, the consumer chooses on what he need (or rather the marketing chooses for him)

That said, there are already threads dedicated on this subject
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-14-14 04:49 PM
    With Q10 have 1.5 to almost 4 days battery life. No social contacting, screen@1/4 brightness. Heat is a given unfortunately as seen on many brands aside from BB on the internet. Many comments about it. Rotate batteries monthly. Watch apps that will run behind. Turn off Q10 at sleep time, on am. Works for me!
    10-14-14 05:35 PM
    I would just like to interject and try to help with your battery life. The Q10 has an amoled screen, with amoled, the color black is the natural state of the pixel, so black requires no power. Try having a wallpaper with lots of black and use dark themes wherever possible, sms, bbm, for example. As an x Q10 owner i found this to help alot, and actually after a while i found it more easy on my eyes and i like the revers contrast, i am now using it on my passport even though it doesn't save power on an LCD
    10-14-14 05:55 PM
    It takes up to two weeks.

When I first got my Q10, the battery would heat up and the battery life would be really short for the first two weeks and then it got better.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-14 06:47 PM
    How long have you had the phone and what does your device monitor tell you for battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:53 PM
    I would just like to interject and try to help with your battery life. The Q10 has an amoled screen, with amoled, the color black is the natural state of the pixel, so black requires no power. Try having a wallpaper with lots of black and use dark themes wherever possible, sms, bbm, for example. As an x Q10 owner i found this to help alot, and actually after a while i found it more easy on my eyes and i like the revers contrast, i am now using it on my passport even though it doesn't save power on an LCD
    I uses black or dark background from the 1st time I purchase Q10, and set small font, lovely

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:08 AM
    It takes up to two weeks.

When I first got my Q10, the battery would heat up and the battery life would be really short for the first two weeks and then it got better.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Is it? I really hope so. But I still use this phone anyway, carrying around my powerbank hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:09 AM
    How long have you had the phone and what does your device monitor tell you for battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    Only 1 week I guess, I dn't think it's battery defect or drain, it's just the way it is

My own Q10 review-img_20141015_171615.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:17 AM
    My only grudge with my Q10 is that it does not sync my "All Mails" folder from GMail. i.e. once the mails are archived from inbox - there is no way I can get it back...
    Before anyone says why are using GMail - well I have a pretty good reason for using it, and I can't live without it because it has backup of my last 7 years mails and still has enough space free to backup further....
    Anyone know a way to search in the all mails folder of GMail using bb10?
    Battery life is exceptionally good for me - I have NFC, BT, Wifi & 3G on...
    10-15-14 08:23 AM
    Only 1 week I guess, I dn't think it's battery defect or drain, it's just the way it is
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141015_171615.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	306131
    Don't hurt your battery like that. Do full cycle of charging. Wait for the battery to be fully drained before recharging it to 100% without using it (at night obviously ).
    And reset your battery estimated time before that (search the forum ).
    10-15-14 04:46 PM

Great to know this. Thx.
    10-16-14 02:25 AM
    My own Q10 review-img_20141019_213318.png

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:27 AM