Well I went into this phone knowing its not the 9900 and trying not to compare, I do try to do the same types of things with it and find for the most part everything requires more effort to achieve. Deleting old emails or certain emails takes swiping and touching to get things gone. Typing in Text msg after 2 lines you cannot see what you are typing does not scroll up properly. swiping to get to the home screen when it shuts down can be a chore, you have to swipe just right then you have to do it again to the icons to show up. Going from bbm to text msg is not easy, I was looking for it to work like the play book just swipe sideways and jump back and forth between apps but does not work that way for me. so over all it is a learning curve and I will hang onto it and make it work. Hoping they keep bringing on updates with more then just bug fixes but added features too.
    10-06-13 04:57 PM
    You'll see a lot of improvements with 10.2!
    10-06-13 05:14 PM
    I'm with Rogers. They take a ... very relaxed approach to BlackBerry OS update releases. LOL.

I'll post when the update for the Q10 becomes available. I'm betting it'll one of the later updates released.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-06-13 05:39 PM
    Well I went into this phone knowing its not the 9900 and trying not to compare, I do try to do the same types of things with it and find for the most part everything requires more effort to achieve. Deleting old emails or certain emails takes swiping and touching to get things gone. Typing in Text msg after 2 lines you cannot see what you are typing does not scroll up properly. swiping to get to the home screen when it shuts down can be a chore, you have to swipe just right then you have to do it again to the icons to show up. Going from bbm to text msg is not easy, I was looking for it to work like the play book just swipe sideways and jump back and forth between apps but does not work that way for me. so over all it is a learning curve and I will hang onto it and make it work. Hoping they keep bringing on updates with more then just bug fixes but added features too.
    It's interesting to learn there are such noticeable differences between your Q10 and the Playbook. It's a shame (but perhaps unavoidable) there isn't more consistent presentation between BB10 devices (playbook does used 10 doesn't it?).

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-06-13 05:42 PM
    no playbook does not use 10 as far as I know but I could be wrong. Kinda works the same and lots of the apps I have on playbook showed as usable on the q10, I am being overwhelmed with tech crap these days, seriously thinking the old flip phone that lasted a week without charging is the way to go. So far I am committed to bb and really hope they can keep the progress going with all the negative press they get. Finding using the hub is really the whole idea of these phones so have to get around the idea of making it work for me.
    10-06-13 06:57 PM
    there are little annoyances with the Q10 that made me go back to my 9900 and you have mentioned them. Some of it I can live with and some I can't. I miss the 1 key-press speed dial and I hope that returns with 10.2 in the mean time I'm running with the 9900
    10-06-13 07:07 PM
    The PlayBook logic is set more for a landscape based device where sideways scrolling makes more sense. It took me about a week or so to really get the full navigation right: the phone takes a little time to get used to, and to get the location down for all of the bezel gestures.

As for the SMS scrolling issue: this must be a Canadian issue because I've never seen it on a US Q10 and I've helped friends on all of the big three US carriers and I've never seen the text box not scroll.

The lack of speed dials and other shortcuts are missed, but I can live with that since I make most of my calls in the car and Bluetooth dialing takes care of them. I've stayed with stock OS versions since I mainly use my phone for business but seeing what's coming is encouraging as well as the fact that at least for time being there's a 10.3 in the works I'm optimistic for improvement.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:47 PM
    I have found out the culprit in the text msg scroll issue, I had my fonts to 10 as I don't always have my reading glasses on. I switched it to 9 and the scroll issue is not so bad. Now I just can't see any of it Anyone with 10.2 leaked feel like checking it out? Anything above font size 9 then it won't scroll up, the 3rd and all lines after are not visible unless you manually scroll them.
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-06-13 09:11 PM
    Who would have thought such an industry leading company with so much experience and billions of dollars in the bank would have screwed up so much and introduced such a **** poor product?

I never imagined this could have happened. I bought this POS and signed up for a 2 year forward commitment. I thought BBY would have been true to its core and prior practices of continually the smartphone for business.

Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:41 PM
    Yes, i have 10.2.0.1743 install on my Q10 and theres no problem using the 10 font.
    10-06-13 09:50 PM
    Thanks that is encouraging for my tired old eyes. I know we live in a now world and can't wait for anything. It should all be instant and perfect. How many versions has android spit out in the last few years. And apple I know little about but pretty sure they are not perfect as I know many iPhone users that have had to get loaners as there phones are sent off.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:59 PM
    Who would have thought such an industry leading company with so much experience and billions of dollars in the bank would have screwed up so much and introduced such a **** poor product?

I never imagined this could have happened. I bought this POS and signed up for a 2 year forward commitment. I thought BBY would have been true to its core and prior practices of continually the smartphone for business.

Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    Don't mind him: he's been making the same unhelpful comments for quite awhile.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-07-13 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think most people and the market generally agree with me, but choose what you want to believe. The sales and return performance of the product says it all (in addition to the company's own comments and actions).
    10-07-13 03:38 PM
    I think most people and the market generally agree with me, but choose what you want to believe. The sales and return performance of the product says it all (in addition to the company's own comments and actions).
    No; we don't agree with you, at all. I've already asked you to stop talking for us. You aren't the voice we want heard; and as a matter of fact, most of us don't want to hear your own personal opinion (read vendetta) agaisnt BlackBerry.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm, BCITMike and SK122387 like this.
    10-07-13 04:18 PM

Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    Omg, could you please just give it a rest? Or better yet, move on to a different mobile device and forum. Normally, I am a very polite lady, but your constant whining and BB bashing is really ruining CB forums for me lately...
    10-07-13 04:34 PM
    I don't understand all the nay saying about the Q10. It isn't the Bold, the shortcuts aren't there yet, but it is an excellent working devise that will get better. If we want to complain how long it took the company to produce the BlackBerry 10 devices, that is a fair criticism. If we want to complain about key apps missing because of mismanagement, that seems fair criticism. But the devices are excellent at what they do. Do they do enough? That is a matter of personal preference. Is the company going to weather the storm or go the way of Web OS? Time will tell. But in terms of physical and virtual keyboard, BlackBerry did a great job. The hub is universally heralded as a great concept, and there are other interesting details in the OS itself. Those details haven't been enough to poach consumers from iOS or android but still a very useful business tool.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    10-07-13 04:36 PM
    How do you have SO MUCH time to post the same inane babble over and over and over and over? You can't possibly STILL be shorting, can you?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:40 PM
    So the sales numbers are satisfactory and everyone is happy.

Guess you aren't shareholders (I am not).

@Danny - if you accuse someone of shorting, is there any chance you are involved in pump and dumping this stock?
    10-07-13 04:44 PM
    So the sales numbers are satisfactory and everyone is happy.

Guess you aren't shareholders (I am not).

@Danny - if you accuse someone of shorting, is there any chance you are involved in pump and dumping this stock?
    Not too many retail investors capable of that. Also, I haven't had any significant position in BBRY for a while. And it wasn't so much of a real accusation as it was my light hearted way of pointing out how SoxFan seems to post his negative opinions about Blackberry 10 on here like it's his job. Evidenced by the fact that many other users seem to just expect him to pop up bashing Blackberry in any thread he can find that losely offers the opportunity to do so. As other posters have said many times, I fail to understand why he is still actively posting here. If he thinks these devices are such garbage, find a platform that suits your needs better and move on. More concerning is the fact that he regularly states that his opinion is a blanket representation of *most* users. I happen to disagree with most of what he says, so I take issue with this.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why are you picking on me? I didn't start this thread. I am responding to the OP's issue. Touchy.
    10-07-13 05:00 PM
    How do you have SO MUCH time to post the same inane babble over and over and over and over? You can't possibly STILL be shorting, can you?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what time you are talking about, but I certainly have no financial interest in Blackberry or any related entities, except the money wasted on this device and overspent on usage overages due to the data-abuse caused by the structural OS design problems with this device...and the time wasted with BBY and/or AT&T trying to resolve bugs and other problems with the phone.
    10-07-13 05:03 PM
    Then why haven't you sold your Q10 and bought a different device, if you hate it so much?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-07-13 05:06 PM
    Then why haven't you sold your Q10 and bought a different device, if you hate it so much?

Bingo.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:11 PM
    Why are you picking on me? I didn't start this thread. I am responding to the OP's issue. Touchy.
    Because you've been trolling the forums for a while now, and most users are sick of it. And I don't normally call people "trolls", but I think the huge number of posts and threads you've created about how crappy BlackBerry and people who like BB10 justifies it. Many people have asked you to stop. Please.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-07-13 05:18 PM

Bingo.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:19 PM
46 12