So I finally was able to get the update for the new OS 10 for my Q10. Now when I try to charge it in my car with my Motorola car charger it won't charge. A message comes up and says to use a charger compatible with my phone. Ummmmm this charger charged my phone perfectly fine BEFORE the update. So why won't it now? Anyone else have this problem and if so have you figured out a way to fix it? I don't want to have to go buy a BB charger when I have one that works perfectly fine.
    05-18-14 11:21 AM
    I understand that it says that it is not compatible, but does it actually charge anyway? Look at the battery.

And welcome to the CrackBerry forums!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-18-14 11:44 AM
    Thank you so much I love this site! The motorola charger is a micro charger and has charged any micro device I've ever plugged into it including all my Blackberry's I've had over the last 4 or 5 years. And it charged my current Q10 just fine until the update. Now all of a sudden it's saying to use another charger. Which doesn't make sense since it charged it fine before the update. It's still the same phone. LOL
    05-18-14 12:31 PM
    Maybe your charger died

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    05-18-14 12:43 PM
    When I look at the battery icon it shows the flashing charging symbol but the battery actually doesn't go up in strength if that makes sense. And the charger didn't die as luckily it has a glowing blue light on it that shows when it's working. I have hooked it up to other things and it charges just fine. :-(
    05-18-14 05:39 PM
    When I look at the battery icon it shows the flashing charging symbol but the battery actually doesn't go up in strength if that makes sense. And the charger didn't die as luckily it has a glowing blue light on it that shows when it's working. I have hooked it up to other things and it charges just fine. :-(
    Stick with it, it might be the old % freeze where the % doesn't go up but the battery does actually charge. Mine has stuck on 97% on occasions but normally if I unplug the charger and plug it in again it rectifies it, yet I could plug it in over USB to my PC and it charges to 100%, odd. This happened shortly after an update too.
    You might need to reboot or do a battery pull (Phone switched off first) as a last resort and leave it out for a little while before connecting it all back up again.

I wish you luck
    05-18-14 05:45 PM
    Thank you I will try that. I've turned it off and back on several times and actually since the update now the phone just powers off and right back on, on it's own for no reason. Definitely several glitches that weren't there before the update. But I'll try a battery pull and see what happens. I have a USB port in my car and did have a cable in my console and hooked it to my phone and it charged it. Crazy!
    05-18-14 08:27 PM
    So I finally was able to get the update for the new OS 10 for my Q10. Now when I try to charge it in my car with my Motorola car charger it won't charge. A message comes up and says to use a charger compatible with my phone. Ummmmm this charger charged my phone perfectly fine BEFORE the update. So why won't it now? Anyone else have this problem and if so have you figured out a way to fix it? I don't want to have to go buy a BB charger when I have one that works perfectly fine.
    Are you talking about the 10.3 leak or an official BB10 update?

I use a different charger too. Hope 10.3 doesn't take the ability for me to use it away.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:32 PM
    Sorry I am just now seeing this. It was an official update through Sprint for the latest OS. I have OS 10.2.1.2674 now which was the latest upgrade available to me through Sprint. I decided to order a new car charger, the very same one I already had just to test it out and now it charges my phone just fine. Maybe my old one was going out and I just didn't realize it. But this one is cheap and does work great if anyone is interested in buying one. Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories.

On another post I made I'll just mention here too Heinz but my text messages don't stay in date order anymore after my update. So frustrating as I can send one an hour ago to someone and when I go back in to my texts I have to scroll down at least a days worth of texts and sometimes two to three days down to get back to the person I just sent one to. I would love for someone to tell me how to fix that. It's even more frustrating than this charger deal. :-(
    06-05-14 12:09 PM
    The BlackBerry Premium 1.8amp charger is the deal of the day today on Crackberry and is an excellent charger for both the phones and tablets. We used four of them when our family of four went on a long road trip this winter and they powered both our PlayBooks and our phones.

Deal of the Day: BlackBerry Premium 1.8A Micro-USB In-Vehicle Charger | CrackBerry.com
    06-05-14 02:06 PM
    Since it only happened after the update I would say something is buggy in the update.
    06-05-14 02:16 PM
    Thank you. I appreciate the heads up. I will definitely check out this charger. :-)
    06-05-14 04:38 PM
    Yes kbz1060 it does seem that way. Wish there was a fix. :-(
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-14 04:39 PM
    So far, most of the info in this thread is fairly useless.

What is the Amp output of the car charger, that's what's important. If it's anything less than 1A, then it won't properly charge the phone the same as the OEM charger that comes with the device, hence the warning.

Also, I've noticed that certain cables and/or cable lengths also cause this. I have a USB extension cord (Male on one side, female on the other side) that always give me this warning even when using the OEM charger and charging cable.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 05:18 PM
    Did you miss the OP say?

Ummmmm this charger charged my phone perfectly fine BEFORE the update.
    06-06-14 09:16 AM
    Did you miss the OP say?

Ummmmm this charger charged my phone perfectly fine BEFORE the update.
    Irrelevant. What is the amp output of the charger. That's is the only thing that matters.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:18 PM
    I almost certain I'm having the same issue now OP. I've used a non-OEM charger since for a very long time now. No issues.

I really hope BlackBerry isn't trying to lock me into using it's own hardware. I'll have to try their own charger to see if it works. If not then I'll just lump it in with growing list of downgrades BlackBerry is implementing with BB10.
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 06-09-14 at 09:56 PM.
    06-09-14 08:51 PM
    Irrelevant. What is the amp output of the charger. That's is the only thing that matters.
    It worked before update. Now with latest update it doesn't. Amp outage doesn't matter.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-14 08:54 PM
    It worked before update. Now with latest update it doesn't. Amp outage doesn't matter.
    It might have not have been working like the OEM charger and just not displaying the message, and after the update they may have included the message. Amp output matters.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 09:37 PM
    It might have not have been working like the OEM charger and just not displaying the message, and after the update they may have included the message. Amp output matters.
    My apologies. Didn't read the part about OP getting a not compatible message. I'm not getting that message. Upon closer inspection my chargers are working. But something still seems off compared to before the update. Not as strong a performance.

To be specific. I should say one charger on one of my batteries. Maybe it's the battery..
    06-09-14 09:50 PM