I'm sure by now everyone who lives, eats, and breaths every aspect of their own BlackBerry; in this case, the beloved Q10. I've been accused of everything in the book as far as it being a real attachment now to my entire mind, body, and soul. Was just curious as you see the picture below I saw as a fan and follower of BlackBerry on Facebook, with the picture showing BlackBerry Remember and it's folders surrounded in the color 'black' as well as the folders being vertical. NOT THE CASE with my own BlackBerry Q10, and I've 6 of my own.

Mind doesn't. Never did, even with leaks or no leaks. I'm running the current 10.2.1 at its highest level and Remember is always up, always active, now reaching nearly a million notes, tasks, projects, you name it.

Look at the picture I saved from BlackBerry's Facebook page featuring BlackBerry Remember or a shot of it and its folders. Is it my eyes or are the BlackBerry Remember folders on the Q10 surrounded in Black and VERTICAL?-1932428_10151971249955848_273705040_n.jpg

Now look at mine, surrounded in white along with even the folders looking different, HORIZONTAL, and not vertical as in the one I found on the current BlackBerry Fan Page. Is it my eyes or are the BlackBerry Remember folders on the Q10 surrounded in Black and VERTICAL?-img_20140519_014333.png

As if the folders were from the Z10 surrounded in Black as opposed to mine (Q10) with a white background and the folders horizontally placed as opposed to the BlackBerry Facebook Page featuring the Q10 BlackBerry Remember folders, vertically.

WTF. ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING to us die-hard faithful people who are obsessed with our beloved life-changer, the pensive feeling of the blue & white; of the (BlackBerry Q10.

What say you? Crackberry? Am I seeing things? To me, BlackBerry represents TRUTHFULNESS in every sense of the word. I PREFER THE FALSE ONE in truth from the BlackBerry Facebook photo page, and not my haphazard folder views in white as you can see on my current BlackBerry Q10.

I'd like to know the truth. Anyone? Call me anal, whatever, but someone provide honesty. Yes, even your own BlackBerry can teach you to look at ALL the details, and not just some of them...

NOTE: EVEN THE DEMO HAS WHITE BACKGROUNDS AND HORIZONTAL FOLDERS, NOT LIKE THE FALSE ONE ON THE FACEBOOK BLACKBERRY FAN PAGE, SEE HERE: http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...ber/index.html

BOTTOM LINE is that in truth, I prefer the false one, all sleek, clean, with black backgrounds on each individual VERTICAL folder, not white with horizontal ones on the real life Q10. Notice too, in the false picture, everything displays the Z10 Remember app, not the Q10. Wow, BlackBerry, NEVER DO THIS AGAIN to us die-hards, unless I am really out of it and missing something.
    Last edited by makaiman; 05-19-14 at 04:25 AM.
    05-19-14 04:04 AM
    I think you need a hobby in your life; something that has nothing at all to do with BlackBerry.

Just my 2 �

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 05:21 AM
    Mine looks like "the false advertising" one... on my Z30.

Edit: I see you already noted that's how they look on a Z10.

Weird indeed that they went through the "extra effort" to synthesize that for the ad, instead of just changing the actual Q10 UI.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 05:32 AM
    Because of the screen size of the Zed 10 and Z30, yes, it's going to be vertical folders, etc. But to do this to the Q10 and dishonor what was born out of the Bold is heresy. Synthesize, yes, but mediocrity doesn't have to permeate such a fine company on this one. Guy above says I need a hobby. Having my own company requires that I look at everything about BlackBerry because that's all we run. I wouldn't have it any other way, but truth in advertising, even down to the detail, is always critical.
    05-19-14 10:32 AM
    umm, your screenshot shows folders surrounded by black, but with a piece of papers sticking out.
    05-19-14 12:52 PM
    umm, your screenshot shows folders surrounded by black, but with a piece of papers sticking out.
    Lollllll

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 01:56 PM
    hmmmmmm
    05-19-14 02:19 PM
    LOL... Very good, however, if you look at the bottom left of the false Q10 screen, look at the folder layout, replicating the Zed 10, Z30, NOT the Q10.

Someone photoshopped this bad boy and got away with it. I also noticed they removed my comment on Facebook, and that, quickly. Wasn't doggin' them, just that, the folder layout on the Q10 could have been vertical, easily to tantamount that of the Zed 10 and Z30.

Oh well, such is life. Thanks for the best-shot idea of what it looks like. Even the demo is accurate with the current live Q10, but surely not the featured pic on BlackBerry's Facebook page.
    05-19-14 03:03 PM
    really though, who cares?

has the functionality been signifactly altered? you have folders, which you can put reminders or notes in, and its called blackberry remember.

what does it matter what color the background is or what way the folders are facing?
    05-19-14 03:55 PM
    Nope. No significance. All of this was for FYI. Has no bearing on anything here. In as much as I spend on BlackBerry technology for my company, I look at everything, and all this was for curiosity. There was no need to alter the photo. So, no biggy. Just curious if anyone else had seen this. Thanks for your input!
    05-19-14 04:07 PM
    Nope. No significance. All of this was for FYI. Has no bearing on anything here. In as much as I spend on BlackBerry technology for my company, I look at everything, and all this was for curiosity. There was no need to alter the photo. So, no biggy. Just curious if anyone else had seen this. Thanks for your input!
    dont get me wrong, i think its stupid for marketing to photoshop things that dont need to be photoshopped. For example, the playbook box showing apps that clearly were not available and never became available, but ive learned that promo materials arent guarantees of what the real deal will be
    05-19-14 04:20 PM
    Guy above says I need a hobby. Having my own company requires that I look at everything about BlackBerry because that's all we run. I wouldn't have it any other way, but truth in advertising, even down to the detail, is always critical.
    You have your own company and this is what fills your time? Looking for an inconsistency in marketing for a product you use? All to complain on an enthusiasts forum instead of contacting someone from BlackBerry through official channels?

As we say when I worked on ships, "If you're roommate can't sleep through it, he/she isn't working hard enough".

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:45 PM
    I think you should sue blackberry for false advertisement

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    05-19-14 05:02 PM
    hmmmmmm
    ....I'm with you on that one...

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    05-19-14 05:03 PM
    To ZeroBarrier, it is because I am an enthusiast that I started the thread. Call it whatever you wish, my 'company' is a graphics development firm, so yes, I'm going to look at everything that catches our eye when it comes to BlackBerry in every sense of the word. Sounds like your enthusiasm is tearing apart a comment that was at best, 'reasonable' and justified, to a company since 1999 I've used, and have seen a wane in truthful graphics/development. Case in point among lots of others, our beloved BlackBerry PlayBook Box cover. I love what BlackBerry represents, and have pointed this out to Chen and the entire development team simply because I am myself, BlackBerry Certified as a Developer.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:52 AM
    And yet the fact remains that you opened a thread to just rant about a non-issue.

Take my posts for what they are, advice to fill your time with something a little more constructive than ranting about inaccurate advertising.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:32 AM