09-25-14 12:11 AM
121 1234 ...
tools
    Knowing me, I would try to bend it back very carefully over a firm but soft edge or curved shape.
    Good luck.
    05-20-14 09:52 AM
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it looks like the battery is forcing the cover to pop out. Are you using the official Blackberry charger that came with the phone? Does the phone overheat when charging?
    05-20-14 09:58 AM
    Is it bent on both sides of the phone or just the side pictured?

I would back it up, take out the battery and back cover since the battery cover looks straight and carefully bend it back and then replace your battery just in case since it may be compromised and just to be safe.

Good luck.
    05-20-14 10:05 AM
    Wtf It never fell. I've no clue what happened .. I'm so pissed

Attachment 272084

I hope is covered by the warranty. It's one month old
    Posted via CB10

I'd be pissed too, at doing something like this to my phone. This is NOT covered under warranty. It would be covered under insurance if you have it on your cell account.
    sixpounder likes this.
    05-20-14 10:16 AM
    Maybe being bent stops the rebooting? Im just saying
    05-20-14 10:22 AM
    Maybe some a-hole did it and didn't tell you.
    05-20-14 10:32 AM
    Right, and your dog ate your homework too?

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu and drewood66 like this.
    05-20-14 10:34 AM
    I bent my z10 2 weeks after I got it

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    05-20-14 11:01 AM
    if you tried to sit down with that in your front pocket with the screen towards you there is every chance that it would bend back on itself like that. one of the reasons i dont put things like wallets and phones in my front pockets is they tend to jam up when sitting down.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-20-14 11:14 AM
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it looks like the battery is forcing the cover to pop out. Are you using the official Blackberry charger that came with the phone? Does the phone overheat when charging?
    Mhmm I always used the official blackberry charger, sometimes it overheats a lil bit

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 12:08 PM
    Is it bent on both sides of the phone or just the side pictured?

I would back it up, take out the battery and back cover since the battery cover looks straight and carefully bend it back and then replace your battery just in case since it may be compromised and just to be safe.

Good luck.
    Just the side pictured, the side of the battery tho

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 12:09 PM
    IMHO this stuff tends to be a combination of events.

Interesting that it still works.

It would need slow consistent pressure - likely with a fairly warm phone - to warp like that without cracking.

My buddy jtokarchuk (may Thor protect his emu writing soul) had his LE warp and crack in his pocket during snow removal

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-20-14 12:18 PM
    Sorry for your luck. I've always been worried about this happening from carrying my BB in even normal jean pockets. When I'm not using a holster, I take it out before I sit down almost always.
    05-20-14 12:20 PM
    Leave it in your car or somewhere too warm? Thinking more warped then bent.
    05-20-14 03:07 PM
    Look man, don't listen to any of these people about just "bending it back." Bring it to your carrier, don't tell them who you are, just ask them if that is covered by the warranty. Talk to who you need to, try not to tell them who you are. Just tell them it's only a month old, and you simply want to know if it'll be covered by the warranty. If they say no, then here's what you do. Take the damn thing apart, lol. THEN try to bend just the frame part back. But seeing that it's bent right at the keys (which unlike other phones, is all built into the frame) it might be better to just replace the frame, which is actually really cheap...

There are some youtube videos on how to disassemble the phone, and you would need some tools, but I've found a lot of these videos are not exactly accurate... I might make my own but don't feel like taking my phone apart again, lol. I guess if you need some step-by-step instructions, let me know if it comes down to that and I can try to walk you through it...

I actually have a spare bezel/frame sitting here if you need it. Just pay for shipping, or send me your phone and I'll replace it for you...
    eddy_berry and sixpounder like this.
    05-20-14 03:45 PM
    Leave it in your car or somewhere too warm? Thinking more warped then bent.
    No... that's definitely bent, the guy probably sat on it and forgot he did it... Or someone else sat on it and then just put it back on the desk where he had left it and didn't say anything, lol.

Warping typically on a flat piece of metal like the bezel/frame of that phone, would happen on the axis of the broad flat side, not bent on the edge like that. Hard to explain...
    undone likes this.
    05-20-14 03:49 PM
    Did you sit on it?
    05-20-14 03:54 PM
    Ok, so I lied about having a spare bezel/frame... I have 2 spare bezels, a midframe, a battery door, 2 spare keyboards, a spare chin piece, a spare screen/digitizer assembly (small crack on the top left out of the usable area), and the little top section with the flash, not sure what that's called. LOL.

My BlackBerry bent up - NOT HAPPY!-img_0767.jpg

Edit: Oops, lied again, just found a spare rear camera, and spare headphone jack too...

Edit2: I just need another mainboard and sensor array to build a whole other Q10... Oh, and the screws...
    Karan Mohal, eldricho and Bilaal like this.
    05-20-14 04:12 PM
    Damn those skinny jeans. lol
    manonthemoon and moody like this.
    05-20-14 06:17 PM
    Wtf It never fell. I've no clue what happened .. I'm so pissed

Attachment 272084

I hope is covered by the warranty. It's one month old
    Posted via CB10
    Ha!

Well of course something happened to it. It cannot bend by itself.

Posted via my Z30.
    05-20-14 06:20 PM
    At a certain temperature the overheating will cause damage so you may get a replacment if BlackBerry finds that your phone overheats. But hmmm heat causes things to melt and buckle. I hope the phone is not being over charged
    05-20-14 07:18 PM
    I didn't put it in a vise obviously -.-

I don't think my seatbel is tight enough to bend my phone

Sometimes phone seems like is overheating

Posted via CB10
    Although very unlikely...
    Have you been in a car accident recently with your phone in your pocket? Seat belt pretensioners pull so hard in an accident that they can leave bruises. They could be strong enough to bend a phone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-20-14 08:27 PM
    I've seen a Z10 that was bent from repeatedly taking it out of a case which has a hole in the back which the user would push their finger through to push the phone out while the ends were still gripped in the case. Everytime the phone was removed from the case in the way it's frame was flexed and flexed a lot. Thankfully the Z10 has a metal frame inside which makes it relatively strong and rigid or this type of flexing could have led to more damage for example, a cracked screen or circuit board. After a while the metal frame kept this bent as in bent like a banana shape, which I straightened back by carefully bending it back the correct way. It's about 98-99 percent straight now.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:43 PM
    I remember back when I had a 9100 Pearl (9105 in the UK) and the plastic screen covering the LCD was notorious for just lifting off and peeling away. It happened due to a combination of the screen clipping in where the media keys were at the top of the phone and heat emitted from the phone and it being in a warm place, like say your back pocket so the glue would start to melt causing a lift in the screen.

I went through 3 of these phones, each one BlackBerry simply replaced after being accepted for RMA from my carrier reseller. As long as the phone is pristine and shows now signs of force, cracks, scratches around the defected part they will replace it.

my 9360 also had issues with the battery cover at the back. During charging heat would be generated from the battery connector points. On these phones the battery cover is very light and flimsy so the case warped slightly, enough for the cover not to sit true. Again it was just a trip to my carrier reseller and they sent the battery, phone and battery cover off to BlackBerry and I got a replacement. Well when I say BlackBerry it's an authorised repair centre.

It's true phones are stress tested to quite a substantial degree. Looking at the image from the OP of the phone I could blag a RMA out of that with no questions asked but that's just me. I'm the sort of guy that could by a Phone and get a case, in car charger and HDMI cable all thrown in for free lol.
    sixpounder likes this.
    05-20-14 10:35 PM
    "Bended" LoL that is so cute I just wanna give him a hug ((((hug))))

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-20-14 11:55 PM
121 1234 ...