My wife and I both have a Q10 on OS 10.2.1.2102

She had me as a contact, but didn't have my email nor was my BBM contact linked

the moment I added my email to my name in her phone

I suddenly see 10 diff. BBM members all linked to my name

they are her BBM contacts but this is werid, as if someone added them manually

so I thought ok, let me unlink them one by one, I did....then, when you exit the contact and re-enter, they are all there again

what the heck is going on
    04-02-14 03:45 PM
    strange how on these forums people reply in seconds but when I post a problem nobody knows
    04-03-14 06:49 AM
    I was just thinking, since I never have these problems and she does while we are both on the same OS. Could it be she is facing so many issues because she migrated from an OS 7.1 device rather than doing a clean start?

Do you think its better to do a factory reset and start from scratch?

how can she save all the current contacts though and reimport them back without importing any other settings, emails, or programs? just the contacts? including all fields like prefix, title, company name, notes, etc.
    04-03-14 05:32 PM
    I was just thinking, since I never have these problems and she does while we are both on the same OS. Could it be she is facing so many issues because she migrated from an OS 7.1 device rather than doing a clean start?

Do you think its better to do a factory reset and start from scratch?

how can she save all the current contacts though and reimport them back without importing any other settings, emails, or programs? just the contacts? including all fields like prefix, title, company name, notes, etc.
    Mine does exactly the same thing, and worst it sometimes creates a duplicate entry of the same name without any content.. no number email nor bbm id at all. Yesterday it bloated my contacts from 600+ to 900+ filled up with duplicates.

Doing a backup, wipe, and restore is no good uaing BBLink as it restores the same junk. I suspect the problem lies in the "local contacts" which is 100% uncontrollable from the contacts app. Best is still to redo from scratch after wipe, I just dont wanna reencode all 600+ contacts

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    04-03-14 05:51 PM
    Sorry that no one replied much sooner. Sometimes threads get 'lost' among the sheer volume.

Curious, I know this is long winded, but, if she loaded the device from scratch, adds her accounts etc., does it do the same thing?

Alternatively remove her email account, restart the device, then add the account again. See if that makes a difference.

A shame one can't log out of BBM, too.

Posted via CB10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    04-03-14 05:57 PM
    Sorry that no one replied much sooner. Sometimes threads get 'lost' among the sheer volume.

Curious, I know this is long winded, but, if she loaded the device from scratch, adds her accounts etc., does it do the same thing?

Alternatively remove her email account, restart the device, then add the account again. See if that makes a difference.

A shame one can't log out of BBM, too.

Posted via CB10
    you see, when I got my Q10, I did a factory reset, and redid everything from scratch, no issues at all. She tells me her phone is a nightmare, frequent freezes especially in the camera, very long time till a contact is edited once she hits the save button, etc.

she migrated from a 9790 Curve to her Q10 using BB link and has been using it that way ever since the, she did the OS upgrade obviously but the phone behaves in a very buggy manner.

Now that was my question, she wants to start out fresh like you said, but in BB link, you cannot do a custom restore like you were able to with BB Desktop Software so what she wants to do is make a factory restore, but somehow restore the contacts, maybe contacts X can help?

but when ContactsX restores the contacts from the saved CSV file...

1) are we sure all the details will be copied over like notes, company name, etc?

2) which account will it import them back into? Local, her email account, SIM, or all?
    04-03-14 06:15 PM
    Ah, I see.

If her Contacts are in GMail, I suggest resetting the device to factory, and then starting as a new device, thus manually installing everything. Again, I know this is long winded, but...

I'm not sure about Contact X and the likes, maybe someone else can chime in on that. Sorry for the experience that is having.
    04-03-14 06:39 PM
    Ah, I see.

If her Contacts are in GMail, I suggest resetting the device to factory, and then starting as a new device, thus manually installing everything. Again, I know this is long winded, but...

I'm not sure about Contact X and the likes, maybe someone else can chime in on that. Sorry for the experience that is having.
    her contacts are not on gmail, they are on her corporate account but not all of them, most of them are on the local contacts

someone else help me please
    04-03-14 07:28 PM
    anyone????
    04-04-14 05:15 PM
    seems like nobody knows
    04-05-14 03:43 PM