I hope this catches the attention of particularly Nigerian BlackBerry users. I feel the tariff for BlackBerry 10 users is unreasonable and oppressive. I don't know what other carriers in other countries charge, but MTN seems to be milking my pockets dry. Since I began using my Q10 (wonderful phone btw), I realised subscription to BlackBerry enterprise was different from other non BlackBerry 10s. It's crazy that I often have to renew subscription twice in a month (before the month runs out). Hitherto, subscription on say 9900 seemed to be "unlimited" within a month. For Q10 my subscription is data related/tied and it often exhausts before the month runs out. MTN doesn't seem to care to make amends for this and I think it's high time I spoke my mind. I am hoping someone out there knows how I feel and has suggestions on what should be done. Pardon me but I really don't know what other carriers in Nigeria charge and I am too lazy to find out. I just don't like how my carrier (MTN) oppress me.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 01:18 AM
    I will advice you just get a Glo sim and use. Glo NG offers 3 gigabytes of data per month for 1k. All you need is just a glo micro sim and text BBCMONTH to 777. The process is automatic and you can re subscribe within the month if you exhaust your (which is likely not possible except you download heavy files - Os leaks like I often do).

MTN on the other hand offers 1.5GB for 3k /month. You chose to be ripped off by mtn.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154 "the iPhone nemesis"
    11-08-14 01:57 AM
    The problem with Glo network is that it doesn't provide 3G service in the area I am. It's unfortunate that efforts to see to the possibility of an upgrade is proving futile thus far. Perhaps this is one of the fora for making them do something about this issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:30 AM
    Old BlackBerry phones used compression from BIS, BlackBerry 10 doesn't. Might be the reason you are seeing higher data usage

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:58 PM
    Old BlackBerry phones used compression from BIS, BlackBerry 10 doesn't. Might be the reason you are seeing higher data usage

Posted via CB10
    Glo bis offering is indifferent regardless of OS - be it bbos or bb10. However, you're right about data compression on legacy bbos devices but that's if the carrier is using the standard bis service from BlackBerry itself which I believe is without a datacap unlike what glo does.

Glo gives you 3gig worth of data that can only be harnessed through blackberry.net apn and not glowap nor glosecure

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154 "the iPhone nemesis"
    11-16-14 03:40 PM