11-30-14 08:38 PM
39 12
tools
    I have been using an iPhone 4 for 3 years and I was having fun using ios as an easy to use os, I have a mac and almost every single device from apple and I'm kinda apple fanboy =D

But when I had to do an upgrade as my iPhone been slowing down, and I was socially activist these days, I thinked of getting a BlackBerry smartphone.

I had in the past a BlackBerry curve and I knew the feeling of using a physical keyboard, that tactile feeling of hitting a real button, and I was pretty sure that qwerty keyboards are faster than touch screens keyboards,

So I decided to go with. Q10 or a Q5 but I was looking for performance so I got a Q10,

First of all I was amazed by BlackBerry 10 OS its fantastic, the multitasking, the speed the BlackBerry world is a huge improvement from OS7,

What win me over was the BlackBerry hub it is breathtaking!!!! My problem with the iPhone was switching from app to another, BlackBerry hub make it real and I really enjoyed the experience,

As a gaming device Q10 wasn't that good, and of course lack of apps is very annoying, but it still considered a great experience I loved it very much,

Now I am trying to use the Q10 as my primary device for a month or something and decide if it will make me satisfied

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 08:10 AM
    Welcome back... hope you Q10 fits your needs!
    08-21-14 08:35 AM
    Welcome on board!

Just wanted to comment on what is faster. I think the touch keyboard of BlackBerry 10 is faster, there was a video reviewing both on youtube and the touch won in terms of speed and accuracy.

But it's a matter of self preference after all
    08-21-14 08:37 AM
    It does and I love it so much <3

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 09:10 AM
    Hey for apps that aren't on blackberry world just look for an android port most work ok with it

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    08-21-14 09:11 AM
    Welcome on board!

Just wanted to comment on what is faster. I think the touch keyboard of BlackBerry 10 is faster, there was a video reviewing both on youtube and the touch won in terms of speed and accuracy.

But it's a matter of self preference after all

It maybe that I was having iPhone 4 and it was old and slow,
    I tought physical keyboard is good but when I saw other BlackBerry touch devices like Z30 I can't deny that I'm quite impressed by thier predictions of words and it seems to be a good experience, generally I loved how BlackBerry deals with texting and keyboards and of course I'd like to try touch BlackBerry smartphones sometime
    thank you so much ^_^

Posted via awesome Q10
    Warren Garrett and menshawy like this.
    08-21-14 09:17 AM
    Hey for apps that aren't on blackberry world just look for an android port most work ok with it

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    For sure I've tried some and for almost apps are doing great
    I've tried amazon appstore it works really nice,
    But it sometimes didn't work fine because the aspect ratio of BlackBerry Q10 screen, but overall I don't miss any thing important every thing is right
    Thanks a lot ^_^

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 09:21 AM
    Made the same switch over from an iphone 5. Greatest choice ever

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:43 AM
    Made the same switch over from an iphone 5. Greatest choice ever

Posted via CB10
    Yeah its worthy switching, I still have the iPhone but I feel no need to use it beside the Q10 it is enough and can sufficient my needs

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 09:46 AM
    Im waiting for my Q10 after some iPhone (4s/5/5s)... And I was BlackBerry user ( see my signature ).
    Yes, the iPhone 4 is too old to compare, but I think the same, the problems is the appstore. Even with SNAP, isn't the same. Hope you enjoy your Q10, I can't wait to have mine!!! ( I guess ill receive next tuesday )
    08-28-14 05:41 AM
    Welcome back to BBRY. I have found that most amazon apps either from Amazon's appstore or snap work pretty good on the Q10. I am able to get most of what I need , from either Snap or BBW. I loaded the 10.3 leak and it has made my Q a joy to use.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:19 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile computing solution in the world. As for apps, it's always getting better - but I don't actually care too much about most apps and try to make a habit of avoiding reliance on any particular app outside of what's included with the BlackBerry 10 OS as well as just using the browser for most 'apps'.

I find I don't really need any apps, with the exception of CB10. It's just so easy to keep up with everything BlackBerry on CB10 that it should be pre-loaded on all BlackBerry 10 devices, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    08-29-14 02:04 PM
    Good luck! Hope you find it as useable as I do!

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 05:04 AM
    Made the choice recently..... tried them all. q10 just feels like the right productivity tool for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:14 PM
    Welcome! For the app issue I side loaded snap via chrome very easy Crackberry has a step by step on how do do

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    08-30-14 10:41 PM
    Im waiting for my Q10 after some iPhone (4s/5/5s)... And I was BlackBerry user ( see my signature ).
    Yes, the iPhone 4 is too old to compare, but I think the same, the problems is the appstore. Even with SNAP, isn't the same. Hope you enjoy your Q10, I can't wait to have mine!!! ( I guess ill receive next tuesday )

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the major problem is the appstore, but overall experience is great, I hope you have fun with your Q10

Posted via awesome Q10
    09-03-14 06:02 PM
    Welcome back to BBRY. I have found that most amazon apps either from Amazon's appstore or snap work pretty good on the Q10. I am able to get most of what I need , from either Snap or BBW. I loaded the 10.3 leak and it has made my Q a joy to use.

Posted via CB10

I think 10.3 will make a huge difference, but till it's official snap and amazon are great and most apps work really fine

Posted via awesome Q10
    09-03-14 06:04 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile computing solution in the world. As for apps, it's always getting better - but I don't actually care too much about most apps and try to make a habit of avoiding reliance on any particular app outside of what's included with the BlackBerry 10 OS as well as just using the browser for most 'apps'.

I find I don't really need any apps, with the exception of CB10. It's just so easy to keep up with everything BlackBerry on CB10 that it should be pre-loaded on all BlackBerry 10 devices, LOL.

Posted via CB10

I think that too, I don't need pretty much apps other than preloaded ones, I use my Q10 for communication at the first place

Posted via awesome Q10
    09-03-14 06:07 PM
    Good luck! Hope you find it as useable as I do!

Posted via Q10RR
    I do, I've been using it for a month and it is doing great, I love it so much ^^

Posted via awesome Q10
    09-03-14 06:08 PM
    I've never been a gamer or an app hound so a lot of the advantages of an iPhone are lost on me. I'm using an iPhone now in fact, mostly because it integrates so well with Mac and I'm a life-long Mac user. And because the wife and kids use iPhones. It's just easier to keep it all unified within the family.

I'm going back to BlackBerry and a Q10 though. My new Q10 is on its way to me right now, due for delivery on Friday.
    Folks that choose BlackBerry and want gaming are going to be sorely disappointed. Brick Breaker was always good enough for me. My primary uses are Messaging (both email and text/mms), phone calls (yeah, I still make a lot of voice calls) and PIM functions. Now, with BB10 maturing, integration with iCloud is much better than it used to be. I'm in! Again!
    09-03-14 07:26 PM
    I've never been a gamer or an app hound so a lot of the advantages of an iPhone are lost on me. I'm using an iPhone now in fact, mostly because it integrates so well with Mac and I'm a life-long Mac user. And because the wife and kids use iPhones. It's just easier to keep it all unified within the family.

I'm going back to BlackBerry and a Q10 though. My new Q10 is on its way to me right now, due for delivery on Friday.
    Folks that choose BlackBerry and want gaming are going to be sorely disappointed. Brick Breaker was always good enough for me. My primary uses are Messaging (both email and text/mms), phone calls (yeah, I still make a lot of voice calls) and PIM functions. Now, with BB10 maturing, integration with iCloud is much better than it used to be. I'm in! Again!
    What iCloud integration are you talking about ?
    09-04-14 02:05 AM
    Save some money for the BlackBerry passport

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 02:06 AM
    What iCloud integration are you talking about ?
    Contacts - in particular formatting - has been problematic in the past. With the latest 10.2 release however, calendar and contacts are synced much more reliably than in the past.
    09-04-14 09:11 AM
    Best decision I ever made going from an iPhone to Blackberry! Never thought it'd be this good!
    09-04-14 09:15 AM
    Went from an iPhone 4 to an S3 to Note 2 to S4 and then to a Note 3. I still have the Note 3. Just got a new Q10 the other month, and now it's my daily driver, the Note 3 taking a lonely backseat. Bought tons of apps on ios and android, but truthfully, on a daily basis, I use mostly the built-in apps, for communications mostly. And that's why the Q10 has been my go to device since I got it. I don't see this picture changing anytime soon. Me thinks I will stay with a PKB device should the Q10 conk out eventually - I hope not for at least a few years.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 09:57 AM
39 12