About time BlackBerry had an email service. They could call it Blacberry. Com.

Posted via CB10
    sisko2003 likes this.
    04-26-14 12:25 PM
    About time BlackBerry had an email service. They could call it Blacberry. Com.

Posted via CB10
    They already had it in the legacy systems. Not present in BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:53 PM
    Best future proof choice imo is to take matters in your own hands and free yourselves from the gmails and outlooks on this earth and the account from your provider and so on:

1) Get your own domain to get an email address you own yourself, so like [email protected]
    2) Get a hosted, paid emailservice based on eg http://www.zimbra.com/ in the country you live in (check under partners)

This is a business-similar solution, but it isn't expensive and it works great on a BlackBerry or any other smartphone or desktop PC for that matter

Posted via CB10
    dtarin likes this.
    04-26-14 02:24 PM
    Gmail for spam.
    This is pretty nice. If Gmail is used as a filter this means ALL incoming traffic is pumped through this filter. So there's no doubt that Google sees it completely.
    04-27-14 04:38 AM
    This is pretty nice. If Gmail is used as a filter this means ALL incoming traffic is pumped through this filter. So there's no doubt that Google sees it completely.
    Not quite sure where this is going.
    04-27-14 05:23 AM
    Not quite sure where this is going.
    You can't talk about any form of "secure web email" in one sentence with any american company, especially Google. If you use Google for filtering spam or anything else the whole chain is surely not secure. Google stores at least all meta data your mail traffic has in it's headers, incoming and/or outgoing, probably also the contents and attachments.

If you indeed need a strictly secure mail server you surely have to avoid typical pitfalls like Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Facebook and all these (I also closed my FastMail account because FastMail was just far too quite in these months last summer) and use consequently one from a country without noteworthy data preservation. Most european states have extensive data preservation, however the EU did limit this some days ago. In the last time some Swiss companies advertise with their secure servers, but hey: Switzerland is known for ambitioned data preservation already since 2002.

That's why I said runbox.com from Norway. Norway is not a member of the EU and has it's own restrictive data protection act. The guys from Runbox tell exactly what they record: nothing.
    04-27-14 09:18 AM
    You can't talk about any form of "secure web email" in one sentence with any american company, especially Google. If you use Google for filtering spam or anything else the whole chain is surely not secure. Google stores at least all meta data your mail traffic has in it's headers, incoming and/or outgoing, probably also the contents and attachments.

If you indeed need a strictly secure mail server you surely have to avoid typical pitfalls like Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Facebook and all these (I also closed my FastMail account because FastMail was just far too quite in these months last summer) and use consequently one from a country without noteworthy data preservation. Most european states have extensive data preservation, however the EU did limit this some days ago. In the last time some Swiss companies advertise with their secure servers, but hey: Switzerland is known for ambitioned data preservation already since 2002.

That's why I said runbox.com from Norway. Norway is not a member of the EU and has it's own restrictive data protection act. The guys from Runbox tell exactly what they record: nothing.
    If Google is just being used a throw-away sign-up what's the problem? That's all mine is anymore; sign up, check for verification and/or authentication information, and never open until needed again, there's nothing sensitive within. Burner cell phone for email.
    04-27-14 02:37 PM
    Mail server on own vps running on own domain. Works like charm on BB10

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:45 PM
    ^ we got to stop calling it hotmail ... that is now dead along with MSN Messenger ... it's now Outlook.com (which in no way resembles hotmail) and Skype.

Vote me as choosing Outlook.com since inception. MS delivered the goods as Google was stupid enough to take them away.
    04-27-14 04:51 PM
    If Google is just being used a throw-away sign-up what's the problem?
    No problem. - But many people tend to build up chains from mail servers, in the beginning they had one, then they got another, so the first one is routed to the second, then the second to a third, up to four or even five. All these servers see the whole traffic. And these chains remain stable for years. Then it doesn't matter if the last one is "secure".
    04-28-14 01:35 AM
    Outlook.com here as well. I only use Gmail for spam at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Hotmail/Outlook
    Also only use Gmail for spam

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    04-28-14 02:17 AM
    I am using Outlook.com. I also added the Outlook Connector to my work computer for wireless syncing since Link has been hit and miss. Full disclosure in regards to Link...it has worked fine the last few months.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:55 AM
    ^ we got to stop calling it hotmail ... that is now dead along with MSN Messenger ... it's now Outlook.com (which in no way resembles hotmail) and Skype.

Vote me as choosing Outlook.com since inception. MS delivered the goods as Google was stupid enough to take them away.
    You are probably right. I just keep calling it Hotmail out of habit since me email address is still @hotmail.com. I find that when I try to talk about it as Outlook, people always get confused with the desktop version.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and MobileMadness002 like this.
    04-28-14 08:17 AM
    I can offer premium-grade MS Exchange at competitive rates.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    05-03-14 11:05 AM
    If Google is just being used a throw-away sign-up what's the problem? That's all mine is anymore; sign up, check for verification and/or authentication information, and never open until needed again, there's nothing sensitive within.
    Google can now associate you with your sign-ups which can help map your online persona. Aliases, plus addressing and disposable accounts can help in this regard. The way I see it, if you do not see the pitfalls, then it does not matter which provider you use so long as you are able to send and receive.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    05-06-14 11:02 AM
    Try sigma.email , pretty good, free, unlimited, secure and works as webmail or any client
    02-28-15 08:49 AM
    Do any of these paid for email services also provide secure calendar and contact hosting?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:03 AM
    protonmail is the most secure and it's free. It takes a password to get into the system and another to get into your mailbox. The mailbox password is not accessible to even them. The emails are encrypted to the highest level. If you email to an unsecure email, such as gmail, you can send as normal, or encrypt it. However, if you do encrypt, you have to provide the recipient a code to unlock through a different channel. The servers are based in Switzerland. protonmail.ch
    02-28-15 12:38 PM
    Another for fastmail, particularly if you value multiple aliases. It has a number of paid-for levels in addition to the basic free service.
    02-28-15 06:44 PM
44 12