What secure email providers are out there?

What good is my secure Q10 if Google is feasting on all my private information...
    04-21-14 07:04 PM
    I love Hotmail...err outlook. Lightning fast on my z10 and access to skydrive and such

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-21-14 07:05 PM
    That's two for Outlook/Live, I use it as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:20 PM
    Make it three, outlook is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:29 PM
    Plus Hotmail works via Exchange Active Sync!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 10:33 PM
    Outlook.com here as well. I only use Gmail for spam at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use my yahoo.com acct for spam lol

I have att, gmail and outlook.com on mine as well as 3 business, 2 school accts.
    04-22-14 06:57 AM
    I love Hotmail...err outlook. Lightning fast on my z10 and access to skydrive and such

Posted via CB10
    Hate to break to you but have you but... Arrest of secret-leaking ex-Microsoftie raises Hotmail privacy concerns
    04-22-14 07:06 AM
    Well, I guess everyone said they liked Hotmail but none of us probably think it is any more secure than other services. Yahoo has had issues and was vulnerable to Heartbleed, and Google mines all your data. But now this!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 08:10 AM
    Take a look at Hush Mail. It has proper encryption bonafides.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 08:23 AM
    It is secure. I'm using Outlook too. You can activate the two step notification. It is also available for Gmail, but if I'm not mistaken, the Outlook is not affected by the recent "heartbleed".
    04-22-14 08:30 AM
    Over-reaction if you think it's a common practice. From the article itself: 'The terms of service that cover the company's online services do indicate that Microsoft reserves the right to access communications to protect the company's rights and property and to turn over content to comply with valid legal requests'. Since the servers being searched were owned by Microsoft there was no need for any kind of legal request to be made since they were searching their own property, in search of their own intellectual property.
    04-22-14 08:41 AM
    Over-reaction if you think it's a common practice. From the article itself: 'The terms of service that cover the company's online services do indicate that Microsoft reserves the right to access communications to protect the company's rights and property and to turn over content to comply with valid legal requests'. Since the servers being searched were owned by Microsoft there was no need for any kind of legal request to be made since they were searching their own property, in search of their own intellectual property.
    If you are OK with that policy, just be aware that they can and have done it. Also would you ever know if they didn't tell you?

The court of public opinion say it's not.

Posted via my Q10
    04-22-14 08:51 AM
    Outlook for free service. For our servers we use Earthlink which is a paid service.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-22-14 08:57 AM
    Um, Fastmail?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:22 AM
    If you are OK with that policy, just be aware that they can and have done it. Also would you ever know if they didn't tell you?

Posted via my Q10
    I think any will turn over info if requested by authorities with a warrant.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    04-22-14 09:51 AM

Posted via my Q10
    The "court of public opinion" has no validity when the email service provider is handed a FISA court order, and they are told that they can say nothing to you about it. Every commercial service provider in the US is subject to FISA court orders, and the service providers overseas are subject to "unauthorized" intrusions. The best security is the BES servers on which your email is stored, as any exchanges between your phone and the BES server is encrypted. However, once outside of the system of phone/BES server, your information is still subject to data grab. Phone encryption programs are good, but they require that both the sender and the recipient have the same program installed.

In the end, it's all dependent on what level of security you require/want.
    04-22-14 10:17 AM
    Um, Fastmail?

Posted via CB10
    I also attest to security and reliability of fastmail. They are not the most secure email provider out there. But fastmail provides PRIVACY that a user can not dream to have with neither hotmail nor Gmail (or any other free email service for that matter)

DON'T KID YOURSELVES WITH FREE EMAIL SERVICES IF YOU VALUE PRIVACY!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:31 AM
    Check out Shazzle Mail. It uses your phone as the server which makes it the only truly secure email service.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:10 PM
    I'm using Hotmail/Outlook on my Q10 and it works great. Everything syncs nicely between the BlackBerry, my W8 laptop, and my Lumia. Calendar and contacts sync without having to use BlackBerry link.

Gmail replaced Yahoo as my email account for spam.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    04-25-14 10:32 PM
    What about setting up your own email server. Really not terribly hard, and connect to it via vpn. I was recently thinking about looking into it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:03 AM
    I use outlook.com
    Add two step verification and when in a public computer but need to access your email, just request a one-time use password that expires.
    Plus I like the minimalism. I wouldn't even use Gmail, except YouTube.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:13 AM
    runbox.com
    04-26-14 11:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 12:07 PM
    Private hosted Exchange for work, Outlook.com for personal, Gmail for spam.

Z10 until Z30
    04-26-14 12:08 PM
44 12