I kinda like the Q11 concept in the thumbnail, needs to be a little wider......my opinion anyway
    Yep. Keep the width the same as what we have now and I'd be fine with it being the same height as the Q. I have both the Z and the Q and prefer the Q due to the keyboard.

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    08-24-13 10:03 PM
    A keyboard bb10 device that tall... you might as well add a trackpad dude

Posted via CB10 with my SQN-100
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-24-13 10:08 PM
    A keyboard bb10 device that tall... you might as well add a trackpad dude

Posted via CB10 with my SQN-100
    Honestly I WISH BlackBerry brings back the trackpad and all of the other hard keys. Miss them alot. But I don't think they will, so I didn't draw one in.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry design team had this while testing various sizes for Q10 and settled for the current one. A screen this tall will be hard for the thumb for most people to reach the top (especially top left) corners of the screen, that's why I prefer iphone 4S than 5.

The shape is kinda awkward too and not as nice and classy as a square screen combination. Looks like something Samsung would make

I doubt BB10 will introduce another new aspect ratio and pixel size for the OS in near future, will be a pain in the a$$ for developers to prepare new additional assets and to redesign their app's layout and UI.

I'm not a fan of slider too because it's a pain to slide in and out and the wear and tear in long run.

Posted via CB10

BB10 isnt currently completely optimized for one handed use. As an example as I write this, the "cancel" and "post" buttons on the top left and right corners are almost out of one handed use range. Same with alot of native apps. You have to kind of shift the phone in your hand when you switch from typing to fully utilizing the screen. For true one handed use we need the trackpad back.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to make a candybar form factor with the largest screen that would be practical. We shouldnt have to sacrifice screen size for a keyboard! I think theres actually a really big market for physical keyboards, its just that nobody is willing to give up the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:31 PM
    I think u should increase the keyboard
    08-25-13 01:21 PM
    Slider !

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    08-25-13 01:52 PM
    Trackpad! Phone key! End key!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, bud, those are relics of the past. If you want to be a part of BlackBerry's future, you'll need to move forward with it. You won't find a trackpad and phone key with Android or iOS either.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    08-25-13 01:53 PM
    Make the Bezels A10 size.

1mm thinner on each side. And increase top of screen 3mm. Keep q10 size.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-25-13 02:03 PM
    Hi all,

As an avid keyboard lover and admirer of large screens, I really want BlackBerry to make physical keyboard with a LARGER screen! I think there are many of you who would agree. So below I present to you my concept for a Q11, that is a page taken out of iPhone 5's book - make the screen TALLER. I know there have been many concept phones with really cutting edge designs, which for the most part, aren't realistic. My design is a little conservative, but it can definitely be made.

I have placed a concept of the Q11 next to a Q10 and Z10 just so we can see the relative size difference. Below are some details:
    -4:3 aspect ratio (960x720), approximately 3.6" display size
    -size: 64x9x130 (a little less wide than the Q10, so that it can be a little less tall; and due to the extra height, I believe the thickness could be reduced slightly - without sacrificing any battery life of course)
    -option to toggle on landscape video/game viewing, so that a video/game would be the only time you would use the phone sideways (games could still utilize the keyboard sideways, left hand uses hard keys while right hand uses virtual buttons, or vice versa)
    -an extra row of icons on the home screen, as well as larger active frames!

Let me know what you guys think. I know some people are a fan of sliders (as am I) but many are not, and there are issues with thickness and sliding mechanisms. So this is the best of both worlds, that is not a fairy concept you would only dream of. BlackBerry could actually MAKE this product as the Q11. If anyone notes any flaws, please post below, otherwise BlackBerry make this phone next year!!

Cheers
    I doubt it will happen.

BlackBerry has learned the hard way to keep different screen resolutions at an absolute minimum.
    We already know that Z10 has 1280 x 768, Q10 and Q5 720x720 and the future all tourch will have 1280x720 until a higher resolution will be introduced. The 768 / 720 width was already a bad start.

The world has shown all touch devices is attractive to 98% of the population. The Z10 keyboard is truly amazing and before is was forced (read: lost my BB9900 right after getting the Z10) I would never have thought I could live without the physical keyboard. Today I hardly miss it. When I use the Q10 I miss the screen estate much more than missing my physical keyboard on the Z10. My oppinion is not universal, but pls. remember BlackBerry has to stay 100% focus on the general customers.
    08-25-13 02:33 PM
    I think the idea is smart. I get what you're going for in general. I won't nitpick over specifics in the design. The point is to have a device that intelligently marries the larger screen size with the keyboard. I would definitely buy this phone.

But, I have zero faith in Blackberry to implement something like this properly. That's always going to be the major problem with Blackberry. There's just too much they can't and/or won't get right. The main reason is, they had the opportunity when TK Justice concept art came out. Management ignored that idea choosing to put out a smaller phone with a square screen which throws just about every other app out of order because now they have to adjust for the smaller screen which seems to take forever. How annoying is it to see an app in the BB World, want to try it out and can't because it won't work for your screen size? From my POV, it's annoying as hell but I'm glad my app addiction doesn't exist. I can get over that.

Then, considering all the other little failures of management which add up to the major fail position they're in now, it's just very difficult for me to see such an intelligent vision become reality. Hopefully, they get their heads out of their asses and put this device in our hands.
    iamagod likes this.
    08-25-13 03:08 PM
    08-25-13 03:14 PM
    Imagine the Q10 with out the BlackBerry logo and all screen to the ear piece!!! And A10 bezel edges so it's more pushed to the edges

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-25-13 03:25 PM
    I like your idea but I actually wouldn't mind it being as wide if not a little wider than the current Q10. The Z30 is going to be a large phone and I wouldn't mind something that size with a physical keyboard on it. Good concept though.

Posted via Q10
    08-25-13 03:28 PM
    I think blackberry needs to give their new phones better names then just letters with numbers.

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    08-25-13 10:12 PM
    lol, this reminds me of the iPhone 4 vs iPhone 5.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:17 PM
    I will stay with the q10
    08-31-13 06:16 PM
    Horrible

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:53 PM
43 12