Hey guys,

I have a Blackberry Q10 and I wanted to know whats the best app that allows me to customize led notification light for apps.. Currently, there are only 7 color to choose from. I know I can customize apps, but I am unable to find a decent app.

Can anyone tell me the name name or a link. I tried an android version app but that doesn't seem to work.
    10-09-16 12:24 PM
    Nothing is out there. BlackBerry only opened the APIs for the LED for only those colors. No app can further adjust the colors beyond the 7 specific combinations available.

It sucks, but BlackBerry did this.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 01:11 PM
    Hey guys,

I have a Blackberry Q10 and I wanted to know whats the best app that allows me to customize led notification light for apps.. Currently, there are only 7 color to choose from. I know I can customize apps, but I am unable to find a decent app.

Can anyone tell me the name name or a link. I tried an android version app but that doesn't seem to work.
    BeBuzz 10 Pro is available in BBW now and it is on sale. It does what you are looking for in an app.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-09-16 08:06 PM
    BeBuzz 10 Pro is available in BBW now and it is on sale. It does what you are looking for in an app.

But, there are no more colors available to you than what you are given by the OS itself.

I have BeBuzz 10 Pro. I stopped using it once the options were included in the OS.

When BB10 first came out, the APIs for LED control were not made available for developers at all. Nor did they provide ways to change the colors in the OS itself. Then, they opened up the APIs and developers for BeBuzz, Power Tools, and the like made their apps. That's when I bought BeBuzz myself.

However, the choice of colors were limited. Just the 7 you can choose from. Every app was limited to that. Fading was also not an option when it used to be under the legacy BBOS 7 and older. You also used to have nearly unlimited color variations available since you could step each of the three LED colors to any brightness you wanted from 0 to 255.

Later, an update to BB10 (with 10.3.0, I think) finally added native control. But, no new colors or fading effects.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 10:06 AM
    That's just bad..
    The phone can do so more but BB keeping things limited makes you stop using such phones.. :/

I know there's an app that allows to customize led for each contacts, but that's only limited to contacts so not much useful
    10-10-16 10:42 AM
    How many colors do you really need? You can also personalize with the vibrate notification and a combination of color and vibration etc etc. I just disagree with your statement above. My opinion only.
    10-10-16 10:52 AM
    How many colors do you really need? You can also personalize with the vibrate notification and a combination of color and vibration etc etc. I just disagree with your statement above. My opinion only.
    That's an excellent question. I haven't had the LED activated for years now. There isn't any need to have it functioning as it is 95% of the time in its holster.

10-11-16 03:55 AM
    On a somewhat related note, anyone else experienced a broken LED on their Q10? The green hasn't worked on mine for ages now, I thought it's software related (mainly use green for Whatsapp notifications) but just ran the BBVE diagnostics and out of the 4 colours it tests (blue, white, red, green) only blue and red work as they should, white is more like the magenta and green is completely off.

It's been a while since the last time I disassembled the phone, which component is the LED attached to?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Critical Observer; 10-12-16 at 12:52 AM.
    10-11-16 11:55 PM