So I had a huge moment of weakness last Monday (1 week ago) and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I know I know. I can only imagine the kind of mental responses some of you are giving. Here is the full story:

I was in ATT with my wife and on an impulse, upgraded to the Note 4. I had a trip out of state for the rest of the week and thought if would be fun to play with a new device while I was gone. So I left my Q10 home and off I went for a week.

Now I am a big guy (6'10" 310lbs) so typically a large phone would not bother me. I had both the original Note and the Note 2. Let me tell you, the Note 4 seemed like the biggest inconvenience ever! I had grown so accustomed to the size of my Q10, the speed at which I could fly across the keyboard, or quickly check the Hub for all of my messages, that the big bulky 5 steps to do anything - Note 4 was a hinderance! Not only does it fill your pocket and worry you when you sit in a tight spot, but just checking and responding to an email felt bothersome.

The design of the Q10 is just spot on. Great size in the hand, excellent look and feel, the leather pocket pouch is sleek and amazing, just all around better.

So I am back on the Q10 and my Note 4 is for sale on EBAY. Why did I ever leave. Lesson learned.

I felt like I had left an old friend, and now we are reunited.
    10-27-14 01:50 PM
    Great story!
    Thanks for sharing your experience! LOL
    10-27-14 02:18 PM
    So I had a huge moment of weakness last Monday (1 week ago) and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I know I know. I can only imagine the kind of mental responses some of you are giving. Here is the full story:

I was in ATT with my wife and on an impulse, upgraded to the Note 4. I had a trip out of state for the rest of the week and thought if would be fun to play with a new device while I was gone. So I left my Q10 home and off I went for a week.

Now I am a big guy (6'10" 310lbs) so typically a large phone would not bother me. I had both the original Note and the Note 2. Let me tell you, the Note 4 seemed like the biggest inconvenience ever! I had grown so accustomed to the size of my Q10, the speed at which I could fly across the keyboard, or quickly check the Hub for all of my messages, that the big bulky 5 steps to do anything - Note 4 was a hinderance! Not only does it fill your pocket and worry you when you sit in a tight spot, but just checking and responding to an email felt bothersome.

The design of the Q10 is just spot on. Great size in the hand, excellent look and feel, the leather pocket pouch is sleek and amazing, just all around better.

So I am back on the Q10 and my Note 4 is for sale on EBAY. Why did I ever leave. Lesson learned.

I felt like I had left an old friend, and now we are reunited.
    Can't you just return it after 14 days of purchase and pay the restocking fee and get your upgrade back?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-27-14 02:20 PM
    I had a similar experience while my Z30 was in for repairs. I just got not find my around the android os. Getting a simple job done seem to take forever.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:23 PM
    Can't you just return it after 14 days of purchase and pay the restocking fee and get your upgrade back?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    I could, but they are selling for double what I paid for it on Ebay. So why not make some money while knowing I am going to stick with the Q10.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-27-14 02:27 PM
    The best way to really appreciate BB10 is to always keep around an android device. I always buy a previous-generation used ok-condition android device on ebay just to have around (and to buy apps for Snap). They're fun, but... for short periods of time. Like a going on an exotic vacation,.. it's fun, different and chaotic, but then it's a great relief when it's over and you're back to your clean and organized home where you do things efficiently.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:54 PM
    I had a note 2 before my Q10 and your right the email is a big problem with the notes! When I first got the Q10 I wondered if I could adjust, but once I figured it out I didn't look back. It's a phone and an assistant for me! My hands feel so much nicer with my BlackBerry in my hand! Idc what people think! It's the best at what it's suppose to do! I have no regrets! Oh, and your forgiven! Lol

Posted from my Q10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    10-27-14 03:07 PM
    loved my Q10 but it just didn't fit in

Switched a Note4 last week and just activated my Good Technology client for work email today and its night and day better.
    1. I can open my Note with or without security versus the mandatory password security BES required on my Q10 everytime I wanted to look at it.
    Security is a code or fingerprint (not as good as apple's) versus my 8-digit alphanumeric with caps and special characters work login password.

2. The client stays in persistant mode so I don't need to loin all the time to access work email

3. With Pebble notifier i can have all my emails personal or work shoot over to my Pebble if my phone is put away.

4. no screen smears with the pen

5. I have an option to use palm-graffiti for text input. Something I became rather fluent with from my palm pilot/handspring days

But then again..
    1, typing with out the physical still sucks
    2. the phone freaking humongus.. but no worse that my iphone6plus
    3. If Verizon showed signs of offering the Passport I would've waited but t seems ATT has the lock on that device for now.But even with that I probably would've had the same device lock down log in /email issue with BES.
    4. learning Android and its apps again sucks
    10-27-14 04:10 PM
    I could, but they are selling for double what I paid for it on Ebay. So why not make some money while knowing I am going to stick with the Q10.
    Maybe some money to subsidize a Passport in the future?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:18 PM
    Maybe some money to subsidize a Passport in the future?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, but I am afraid the passport will be too wide. Part of the attraction of the Q10 is the one and two hand ease. We will see! Right now though, just glad to have the Q back!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigHulkDiesel; 10-27-14 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Put the wrong Phone In
    10-27-14 05:47 PM
    I'm 6'4 and came from a note 3 to a q10. Still have the note but haven't used it in months. I have my galaxy tab pro for everything else I need to do that may require a larger screen. I definitely agree; the q10 is definitely a much better device for productivity. Been back and forth on the passport but I'm perfectly content w my q10/pouch combo and actually appreciate the lack of bulge in my pockets w the smaller phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:31 PM
    Exactly brother! I have the Note Pro 12.2 for all other things. But mobil smoothness, the Q10 all the way

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    10-27-14 10:03 PM
    The Q10 size is perfect. The Passport and Note are great but they're still not
    going to replace a computer. For portability I just think the big phones are, well, too big.
    10-28-14 12:53 AM
    I agree. I will get my daughter's Android tablet if I need screen real estate but I love using my Q10 all of the time. Just so practical.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-28-14 12:11 PM
    Same exact story with me except you are at least a foot taller lol!

No really, I always go for the latest and greatest Android phones, while the rest of the family sticks to apple. Once my Android "honey moon" is over, I'm right back to BB.

Sent from my BlackBeezy 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-14 06:17 PM
    A friend that doesn't use smartphones much keeps telling me he's just going to buy the Note 4. I asked him "Where are you going to put it?"

I need to make a cardboard cutout of the same size and suggest he carry it around for a minute...
    10-28-14 08:14 PM
    Interesting conversation guys.
    I'm a Q10 user and impressed by the Note concept. Been thinking of switching - not because the Q10 is a bad phone - just because I fancied a change.

From reading your comments, and from what I know of Android, and - to a lesser degree - of Samsung smartphones, I think i'd be disappointed with a Note4 after the honeymoon wears off.

I know I'd also miss the Q10 size as well. I mean, if BlackBerry built a '10 device the same size and physical charm as a 9790, I'd be up for that.

Hats off to Samsung for inventing the phablet category, and the S pen concept is brilliant - just such a shame it's on the early naughties inspired chaotic mess known as Android. A shame also that Samsung appear to employ mediocre high-school students as UI designers.

I'd love to see BlackBerry produce a stylus concept: they'd do a good job.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:00 PM
    Interesting conversation guys.
    I'm a Q10 user and impressed by the Note concept. Been thinking of switching - not because the Q10 is a bad phone - just because I fancied a change.

From reading your comments, and from what I know of Android, and - to a lesser degree - of Samsung smartphones, I think i'd be disappointed with a Note4 after the honeymoon wears off.

I know I'd also miss the Q10 size as well. I mean, if BlackBerry built a '10 device the same size and physical charm as a 9790, I'd be up for that.

Hats off to Samsung for inventing the phablet category, and the S pen concept is brilliant - just such a shame it's on the early naughties inspired chaotic mess known as Android. A shame also that Samsung appear to employ mediocre high-school students as UI designers.

I'd love to see BlackBerry produce a stylus concept: they'd do a good job.

Posted via CB10
    I am ok with having the Samsung tablet at home but not the Samsung phone as my daily driver. We plan on buying one during the holidays. Our last Samsung Galaxy Tab crapped out and was replaced under warranty. So will see how the next one goes.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-02-14 10:41 PM
    Nice little story you have there.

Q10 is definitely my go to phone I have to say I love it just if not more than the 9900. Have a LG g3 with me running another line but hate to receive any form of txt but I really love going through instagram and shooting with its camera(if I didn't bring my gopro out)

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:53 AM
    I love the physical keyboard, but sometimes I find the text are getting blurry. Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting older :P

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:59 AM
    I agree with hub, it is so convenient to check on the email n the rest of the notification. I do have OnePlus One as my Social n Media player. I like the combination of both. BlackBerry n android.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:50 AM
    I agree with hub, it is so convenient to check on the email n the rest of the notification. I do have OnePlus One as my Social n Media player. I like the combination of both. BlackBerry n android.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda what I'm looking at doing. Moving from my Z30 to a Q10 later this week and will add a large screen phone as a camera, research device, and to sort out emails etc.

Can't decide between android or ios though. I like the Google nexus 6 but with having an imac and a macbook air, maybe the iPhone 6 plus makes more sense. Tighter integration.

Ios just oops boring though, android you can tinker so much.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:22 PM
    The same happened with me. My z10 had gone for repairs, so the only option I had was Xperia z2. I had around two weeks to play with it. I really missed the hub. It takes so many touches just to check your messages. Even though I had all my favourite apps on it ( even those which didn't work on BB10), I felt I was not being productive at all! After 2 weeks when I got my z10 back, it was a relief!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD