So, I finally broke down and did the radical at-home unplug... No cable box, no land line phone, tripled my Internet speed/capacity and lowered my costs by about 1/2. But one key to this was access to baseball through an MLB.TV subscription.

So, I've had the AtBat14 app since the day it hit BlackBerry World, pretty much... And when you have an MLB.TV subscription, you can allegedly watch the games streaming right on the phone. And, with a cable, can transfer it by HDMI to your TV. But I haven't been able to get so much as one frame on my Q10. Does it only work on the Z models or something? Anybody know?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:16 PM
    does the app run OK otherwise? Any info in BB world saying it wont support video on the q10?
    04-26-14 09:22 PM
    Unfortunately, MLB.TV is not available on BlackBerry devices. If you check on the. MLB.com website, it advises that it's not available on BlackBerry. I guess it's never been worth it for them to do so.

Please keep in mind that even if you were able to get MLB.TV on your BlackBerry, your local teams are always blacked out as well as any nationally broadcast games (ie. Fox games and ESPN games). The system always recognizes your home location. If, however, you travel outside of your area, you may be able to contact support in order to allow the access (you may need to provide the local IP address that you are using at that other location).
    04-26-14 09:42 PM
    You can stream mlb games fine on both the q10 and z10, I streamed it on both models on atbat13.

The thing is you need an mlb.tv premium subscription stream live games on the app. You can't stream with a regular subscription or just by buying the app.
    04-27-14 02:34 AM
    In all honesty, I think it might have been the blackout restrictions. I know that one of the times I attempted to watch a game, it was on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. I mostly want to watch out-of-market teams (Nationals and Tigers) from where I am, so it shouldn't be an issue most of the time. It is disappointing that I apparently wasn't getting messages about the game being blacked out, though. That seems odd, especially since I did get a message tonight about whichever game happens to be on ESPN. But I successfully got through to the A's-Rangers.

Thanks for all the replies!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:41 PM