Hi,

About 80% of my contacts disappeared a few months back. I do not have Linkedin app running, the only accounts I use are gmail, yahoo, and I check fb on occassion.

I can still search the contacts' name in the text screen and an old text (if there is one from that contact) will pull up, and from there I am able to view the contact info.

If I get calls or texts from the disappeared contact, it will show only their #, not any name.

If I try to add their # again, with their name, I get the message that this contact already exists..and then..Would you like to replace it? Yes No

Its like all those old vanished contacts are 'still there' somewhere in my phone.

I am not very tech-savvy, but any help is greatly appreciated. Again, I know this has been asked a lot, but I'm still unclear of what to do.
    09-05-14 01:29 AM
    Hi,

About 80% of my contacts disappeared a few months back. I do not have Linkedin app running, the only accounts I use are gmail, yahoo, and I check fb on occassion.

I can still search the contacts' name in the text screen and an old text (if there is one from that contact) will pull up, and from there I am able to view the contact info.

If I get calls or texts from the disappeared contact, it will show only their #, not any name.

If I try to add their # again, with their name, I get the message that this contact already exists..and then..Would you like to replace it? Yes No

Its like all those old vanished contacts are 'still there' somewhere in my phone.

I am not very tech-savvy, but any help is greatly appreciated. Again, I know this has been asked a lot, but I'm still unclear of what to do.
    To be safe you might want to create a backup of settings using BlackBerry Link first.*

Download contacts imex from app world and export your contacts.
    During the process it I'll show how many contacts it has processed.
    If the number looks like it exported all if your local contacts (including the missing ones) then go to settings > accounts > menu > clear local address book

It will take a few minutes to finish deleting all of the contacts. When it finishes, reboot the phone.

Open contacts imex and import the backup you made, using either the merge or keep existing contact setting.
    PritK likes this.
    09-05-14 01:42 AM
    I've got the same issue please, any help?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:45 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I dropped and cracked my phone (again) last week, so will be replacing with a new one this week. Should I do this now before transferring to a new phone?
    09-06-14 11:50 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I dropped and cracked my phone (again) last week, so will be replacing with a new one this week. Should I do this now before transferring to a new phone?
    If possible, I would
    PritK likes this.
    09-07-14 02:40 AM