So, I just came across this video, thanks to a link via Phone Dog. Supposedly, it's a QWERTY technology that caters to those of us with big fingers, who tend to type sloppily. I'm skeptical this would help us steer away from the actual physical buttons, though. Thoughts? Check it out:
    03-20-13 12:34 PM
    wow this could be a great evolution for mobile computing!!
    03-20-13 01:32 PM
    It seems as if its based on the same principle as the suretype keyboard from the Pearl 8100. Don't focus on the letter you're typing, focus on the word. Its how I've explained, and taught, people how to use the suretype keyboard effectively and they've all said thinking in that way made it much easier, and faster, to type. Granted, this is taking it a step further, but same basic principle. Would be interesting to see if it makes its way to any mobile device in the near future.
    03-20-13 01:36 PM
    I saw this through Mobile Syrup, really amazing project. I think that this is going to be big. My biggest gripe when using a touchscreen device like my iPhone is that the keyboard always takes up half the screen which takes away some of the conversation I might be having someone. If you start typing out a larger message then the conversation goes completely out of view. I love how it looks on the device at the 0:49 mark, you can still see the whole convo and still type your message. Imagine having this on all future devices?? It would be amazing. I anticipate them being bought out by Google though, we shall see.
    03-20-13 06:57 PM
    I just watched the U of T guys explain this, on CTV news. Looks like a good idea. The financial support for its development is really rolling in for them. They wanted/needed $10k and so far have received over $50k.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:35 PM
    Its an interesting concept but is basically 100% reliant on auto correct. I dislike computers thinking for me.
    03-27-13 02:56 PM
    If it works well, Blackberry can do what Blackberry does best... buy the start up and absorb the tech!
    03-27-13 03:06 PM
    It sounds like it's good for typing out "real" words that can be found in a dictionary and can be "predicted", but terrible for typing out passwords or maybe uncommonly used words and such that might not be real words, or that might require something more than a dictionary approach.
    03-27-13 08:31 PM