Hello everyone! I just bought my first Blackberry. A Q10. I started with the Nokia E72 few years ago,, and the physical keyboard was the only type i enjoyed. So i've left Samsung behind.

I transferred all my contacts from my Galaxy S4 to the sim card. When i inserted the sim card to my Q10, nothing registers in my contacts listing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
    09-05-14 02:10 AM
    Mind I recommend a different method of syncing your contacts?

Through Gmail? BB10 does it so beautifully when you use that instead.

If you're tinfoil fitted though, I just wonder how you got all your contacts to your SIM card.
    This will sound mundane but can you just follow these instructions and use the export function?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Copy contacts between your SIM and your phone

It'll help me start somewhere.
    09-05-14 02:16 AM
    On your S4, in contacts, tap the menu button in the bottom left had corner of the device, tap Merge with Accounts or whatever, tap your synced account. Could be Outlook.com, Gmail.com, whatever. Then sign in on your Q10 and BAM, your contacts will be there.

Contact moving via SIM is a dead thing.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-05-14 02:30 AM
    When I moved mine to my Z30 I just did an export of my contacts on my S4 which created a vcf file, which can be saved to phone memory or SD card. Transfer file to your Q10 and open. It will put contacts where they need to go. When I did mine I just used drop box to transfer file.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:01 AM
    The app "device switch" also works really good. Available on BBWorld and playstore. Let's you transfer contacts, calendar, photos, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 03:13 AM
    on your Q10 , go to contacts, swipe down from the top , go to settings, scroll down to import contacts from sim

Hello everyone! I just bought my first Blackberry. A Q10. I started with the Nokia E72 few years ago,, and the physical keyboard was the only type i enjoyed. So i've left Samsung behind.

I transferred all my contacts from my Galaxy S4 to the sim card. When i inserted the sim card to my Q10, nothing registers in my contacts listing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
    Attachment 295865
    Attachment 295866
    09-05-14 03:27 AM
    Congrats OP! Hope the above answers your question.

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-05-14 04:18 AM
    Thank you all! Very interesting info. I'll try Gmail contact backup first. I went back to my S4 with the sim card inserted. I checked the box in my Gmail account settings to sync contacts. The phone synced immediately. I took out the sim card, put it back into the Q10, I looked under Contacts settings,"show account in contacts list" there is not option for Gmail, though i did check the box that said, " use cloud services to find more info about the contacts that ..." Then i went back into Settings-Accounts- and Gmail is there, but it only shows Calender and Email as synced. I can't find an option to click on contacts in Gmail for syncing.
    09-05-14 04:33 AM
    Thank you all! Very interesting info. I'll try Gmail contact backup first. I went back to my S4 with the sim card inserted. I checked the box in my Gmail account settings to sync contacts. The phone synced immediately. I took out the sim card, put it back into the Q10, I looked under Contacts settings,"show account in contacts list" there is not option for Gmail, though i did check the box that said, " use cloud services to find more info about the contacts that ..." Then i went back into Settings-Accounts- and Gmail is there, but it only shows Calender and Email as synced. I can't find an option to click on contacts in Gmail for syncing.
    If you are going the sync rute, you have to eenable contacts when adding the Gmail account you synced wiith,. I.e. Go to accounts, add email, contacts, calendar, put in your Gmail acc name, it'll take you to the Gmail sign in page.enter password, submit, accept, and. Follow promtps. It'll synce the Gmail contacts to your, only thhen will they visible. In your contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:36 AM
    Thank you all for your help. I tried a couple, the gmail and import from sim, but had no luck. The app "device switch" worked like a charm. Thank you all!!
    Djlatino and zocster like this.
    09-05-14 01:26 PM