Just a thought here.

Has there ever been any proof of any contracts awarded for the manufacturing of the frames of the Q10 as well as others, including the passport, saying what actual metals are used, and the methods used to make them? BlackBerry claims it has stainless this and that in their devices, but has there been any actual proof the frames are what they say they are?

Take the Q10. It was claimed to have stainless steel frets. It was also claimed to have been carved out of a solid piece of 304 stainless steel. Where's the chip bins guys? Who got awarded to "carve " out your frames? What did they "carve " them out on? CNC Machines?

Last time I looked anywhere, I didn't see any chip bins at Waterloo or any coming from anywhere else.

Can someone please fill me in on who was awarded the contract to make the Q10?

I would love to meet their metallurgist, and ask him where he got his credentials.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 01:36 PM
    I found this:
    Designing the new BlackBerry Q10: An Inside Look | Inside BlackBerry
    I do see the 304 Stainless reference for the frame, but only see one reference to a Stainless Fret, on the backside of the device.
    On the front of the device, well, by reading the lack of the word stainless for those, I would concur that they may be made of something else.
    11-03-14 02:36 PM
    I like the build quality of the Q10. Much better than the 9900 and Classic!
    11-03-14 02:55 PM
    It always amazes me the variety of building techniques and design choices involved throughout the BlackBerry line of products.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:22 PM
    Please continue in the earlier version of this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...front-973536/:
    11-03-14 03:32 PM