Remember in the old OS's, you could be reading an email, hit R to reply, start typing immediately, and the phone would catch up remembering every key you've hit. Was a millisecond thing, but a very nice response time/feature.

In OS time, I'm waiting 2-3 seconds for the reply message screen to pop up, and it does not play catchup. Kinda frustrating.

We think this is a software glitch that can be fixed, or is the new OS showing hardware limitations in how fast it can respond?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:25 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

I believe it's software related and therefore could be worked on.

One of the main differences is that this is touch-based OS and cursor placement is often required.
    07-24-13 10:47 PM
    I have the same gripe. Sometimes I forget to wait and the first one or two things that I type are missing. Not such a big deal if it were an easy task to go back to the front to type them again. Without the trackpad, I find it tremendously difficult to touch the screen to try to get back to the front of the sentence without accidentally hitting something on the bottom bar (usually "back") that takes me away from the current screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:53 PM
    Guess there's nothing to do at the moment then! Come on 10.2!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:02 PM
    I have the same gripe. Sometimes I forget to wait and the first one or two things that I type are missing. Not such a big deal if it were an easy task to go back to the front to type them again. Without the trackpad, I find it tremendously difficult to touch the screen to try to get back to the front of the sentence without accidentally hitting something on the bottom bar (usually "back") that takes me away from the current screen.

Posted via CB10
    Cursor placement takes some getting used to.

Just place it somewhere "safe" and then drag or tap it over.
    Tapping inside the circle will move it one space at a time in whichever direction. So tap inside circle on its left side and cursor moves one space to the left. Makes final placement much easier.
    07-24-13 11:32 PM

Tapping inside the circle will move it one space at a time in whichever direction. So tap inside circle on its left side and cursor moves one space to the left. Makes final placement much easier.
    This method takes a lot of time and i cant do it perfectly, I still make mistakes... its really different without the trackpad.
    07-24-13 11:54 PM
    10.2 will fix this issue. By replying to messages directly, instead of swiping back to hub.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-25-13 12:42 AM
    How do you know? What else with 10.2 fix?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:51 AM
    How do you know? What else with 10.2 fix?

Posted via CB10
    List is way to long to describe and not everything is listed. Crackberry posted a few articles regarding toast notifications.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-25-13 12:54 AM

I just need to remember that I can do that. I keep feeling the need to tap it exactly where I need it to be and keep forgetting about the dragging feature. I still ultimately miss the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:04 AM