Oh and thanks for the dig "you obviously didn't work too well in corporate IT".

That's not even proper English. You don't know what I did, how I did it, or what I needed out of a mobile device that BlackBerry gave me back then, but appreciate the post!

Not.
    07-26-13 12:43 AM
    Oh and thanks for the dig "you obviously didn't work too well in corporate IT".

That's not even proper English. You don't know what I did, how I did it, or what I needed out of a mobile device that BlackBerry gave me back then, but appreciate the post!

Not.
    ^ your first post is a tell tale sign of what you didn't know of BlackBerry some yrs ago of what you claimed from experience in the corporate IT world. That's how I was able to challenge you from the beginning.

This is a public and non-formal forum so stop preaching about "proper english" ... especially assuming anyone you engage here speaks english as their first language; although mine is. I just speak normally without focusing on proper prose because I'm not writing or corporate email. That is not the subject so don't hide your lack of experience exposed in your first post based on english writing.
    07-26-13 09:26 PM
    I am not an "app" person. What I do need is for BlackBerry to support OPEN VPN! I'm hoping this will come soon...
    Open VPN will debut for native support in BB10.2 I've read ... cannot recall where but it was from an official source.

PS: To anyone having frustrations with BB10 and what is missing from legacy BBOS ... have any of you done any research (crackberry forums, blackberry support forums, blackberry blogs, or most importantly blackberry.com/btsc) BEFORE purchasing?? I most definitely did and I too had a few surprises as well but after a second try quickly was able to adjust.
    07-26-13 09:30 PM
    ^ your first post is a tell tale sign of what you didn't know of BlackBerry some yrs ago of what you claimed from experience in the corporate IT world. That's how I was able to challenge you from the beginning.

This is a public and non-formal forum so stop preaching about "proper english" ... especially assuming anyone you engage here speaks english as their first language; although mine is. I just speak normally without focusing on proper prose because I'm not writing or corporate email. That is not the subject so don't hide your lack of experience exposed in your first post based on english writing.
    I'm sorry, I still don't understand your message, please try again.

I don't know where you gained the ability to judge my MIS/IT skills and qualifications in regards to Blackberries, but please, continue...

What exactly are you trying to say, because I still don't understand your question/post...
    07-27-13 02:43 AM
    Ok, this thread was not what I thought...the title implied to me that there were suggestions to the DEVELOPERS for BB10 apps...not to BlackBerry itself. Having said that, I took the time to read through it all, and have one very simple suggestion to the OP....stick with OS7, because clearly BB10 won't work for you at this time. It may in the future, but it doesn't appear to at this time.

Simple. No arguments, no bashing, no problem.

Good luck to you, and try to stop being so angry...it's a phone.

Cheers.
    07-27-13 03:42 AM
    Open VPN will debut for native support in BB10.2 I've read ... cannot recall where but it was from an official source.

PS: To anyone having frustrations with BB10 and what is missing from legacy BBOS ... have any of you done any research (crackberry forums, blackberry support forums, blackberry blogs, or most importantly blackberry.com/btsc) BEFORE purchasing?? I most definitely did and I too had a few surprises as well but after a second try quickly was able to adjust.
    Hi, thanks for the response :-)

Yes, I have heard 10.2 will have openvpn support also - I heard this from Kris S, in the beta thread.

The official channel was actually Michael Clewley - he never mentioned 10.2, only that it was on a "road map".

And you're right, people should read up before spending money! I read up and so was not surprised about the missing features. In fact, I don't really miss them - they're ui issues, as far as I'm concerned.

The only issues I've had is lack of openvpn (it was supposed to come shortly after release - still waiting) , POP infinite retention (still waiting) and outlook sync to pc via usb - which has arrived but Link is a pile of smoldering fecal matter in a top hat.

I'm confident these things can be resolved, and in the mean time I have an excellent communicator in the Q.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by Poirots Progeny; 07-27-13 at 04:28 AM.
    07-27-13 03:51 AM
    Resistance to change is not always a good thing. Sticking to what works is fine but you run the risk of being left behind and percieved as old fashioned and that is not a good thing for a technology company like Blackberry.

I'm new to Blackberry, I'm not a long time fan boy. I bought my first Blackberry, a Q10 a couple of weeks ago and what still shocks me is how backward, lacking in capability and user option BB10 is compared to what I was using before, Symbian on Nokia. What makes it worse is that Symbian has been declared an obsolete OS and development largely came to a stop with it two years ago. While the BB10 user interface is substantially better in all ways than the clunky Symbian interface I was using on my Nokia E6, Symbian clearly beats BB10 is a wide range of aspects of functionality and user option and fine tuning control. This to me makes BB10 a surprisingly prescriptive and inflexible OS and dare I say it, quite Apple-esque in that respect. This should most defintiely not be the case with the newest and latest mobile OS to enter the market place. The starting point should at the very least be to match everything that came before it, for function and option and then take things onwards and upwards from there. By essentially releasing BB10 as a functionally limited work in progress, Blackberry have done themselves a lot of harm because word spreads very quickly these days.

Long time Blackberry fans can be forgiven for being unaware of the fine details of what other OS offer. As a long time Nokia user I wasn't too clued up on other OS either but my general perception of Blackberrys being sophisticated and capable devices has been seriously shattered because they are not or at least the BB10 Q10 isn't. BB10 has taken me backwards two years or more. If it wasn't for the very good internet browser I think I'd be back on the Nokia waiting out the release of Jolla Sailfish.
    07-27-13 04:07 AM
    Resistance to change is not always a good thing. Sticking to what works is fine but you run the risk of being left behind and percieved as old fashioned and that is not a good thing for a technology company like Blackberry.

I'm new to Blackberry, I'm not a long time fan boy. I bought my first Blackberry, a Q10 a couple of weeks ago and what still shocks me is how backward, lacking in capability and user option BB10 is compared to what I was using before, Symbian on Nokia. What makes it worse is that Symbian has been declared an obsolete OS and development largely came to a stop with it two years ago. While the BB10 user interface is substantially better in all ways than the clunky Symbian interface I was using on my Nokia E6, Symbian clearly beats BB10 is a wide range of aspects of functionality and user option and fine tuning control. This to me makes BB10 a surprisingly prescriptive and inflexible OS and dare I say it, quite Apple-esque in that respect. This should most defintiely not be the case with the newest and latest mobile OS to enter the market place. The starting point should at the very least be to match everything that came before it, for function and option and then take things onwards and upwards from there. By essentially releasing BB10 as a functionally limited work in progress, Blackberry have done themselves a lot of harm because word spreads very quickly these days.

Long time Blackberry fans can be forgiven for being unaware of the fine details of what other OS offer. As a long time Nokia user I wasn't too clued up on other OS either but my general perception of Blackberrys being sophisticated and capable devices has been seriously shattered because they are not or at least the BB10 Q10 isn't. BB10 has taken me backwards two years or more. If it wasn't for the very good internet browser I think I'd be back on the Nokia waiting out the release of Jolla Sailfish.
    So, you're seriously saying that BlackBerry users are ignorant of other OS's and what they offer? Seriously? Many of us have come to BlackBerry BECAUSE of things we were unhappy with from other OS's.

Are the trolls out on this one already? Geez.
    07-27-13 04:36 AM
    I so agree with you Wayne!!! And your post is entertaining to read as it is informative. I hope BlackBerry dev's see it!

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    07-27-13 05:00 PM
34 12