Hello everybody,

I just bought a few days ago my first BlackBerry. I'm a happy user of the Q10 now.
    I got a few issue's on my phone. Most frustrated issue is beside can't get Twitter working is that my device don't get the songs from the mediacard. On my SD card i put more around 45 songs. In the musicplayer it only see 1 song. Searching on forums i don't see any solution of this.

So any help will be more then welcome.

Thanks for your time.....
    12-30-14 07:10 PM
    Does your media card show up in the file manager?

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-30-14 07:18 PM
    Does your media card show up in the file manager?

JB

Ya sounds like a formatting issue. As well as LCP question...what type of SD Card?

Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    12-30-14 07:26 PM
    The media card is showing up in the file manager. It's a Micro Sd from SanDisk.
    I see if i format by device it will be fat16. I saw on another forum it should be fat32 if it's only 16gb.
    I tried both but have the same result....
    12-30-14 09:04 PM
    Is it only the music that is affected? Can you see any files on the media card in the file manager? What happens when you try to open something? FAT32 is required at a minimum. If you format the card on your device it will format it into exFAT, which won't be an issue when you connect it to your computer.

JB

Carjackd likes this.
    12-30-14 09:35 PM
    It is only the music what is affected what i can see so far. I can see all music files in the file manager but not on my music app. I can open them in the file manager and then i get played in my music app. I have ogg music files. I use a Linux OS with KDE. I transfer the music to the MicroSD by using a USB connection with the pc. BlackBerry Link is not available for Linux.
    12-31-14 01:28 AM
    I don't know whether the music player can import ogg music files into it's music file browser system. Can you covert some of your music to mp3 format and see what happens?
    How you transfer the files really doesn't matter - I have loads of mp3 files on my SD most of which were put there directly from Mac using the USB drive mode; I rarely use BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:51 AM
    When i transfer MP3 files it is okay. My music files are all Ogg and tagged by that. Do you think that's the issue?
    12-31-14 05:24 PM
    The media card is showing up in the file manager. It's a Micro Sd from SanDisk.
    I see if i format by device it will be fat16. I saw on another forum it should be fat32 if it's only 16gb.
    I tried both but have the same result....
    I use to carry SanDisk products for many years, always issues especially when it comes to detecting the cards and formatting issues. Scrap that card and get a lexar or samsung.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-31-14 06:25 PM
    Best blackberry music players for Z10 phone | BlackBerry Z10 casehttp://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-vorbis-78278/
    When i transfer MP3 files it is okay. My music files are all Ogg and tagged by that. Do you think that's the issue?
    I don't use ogg files myself but I suspect that the BB10 music player can't handle the ogg files - although bb10 does have the audio codec and you can play them, as you have previously indicated, from the file manager.
    It looks as though you may need to convert to mp3 if you want to use the stock music player, or look for an alternative app. You might like to look at the following pages:
    01-01-15 05:32 AM
    Thanks for the links mushroom_daddy. When i convert it to mp3 the music is fine. I think i have no other choice then to convert it all.
    I also will buy a new SD card like Jaalouro mention. Maybe that and hopefully that is the problem.....thanks for the time.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-01-15 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the links mushroom_daddy. When i convert it to mp3 the music is fine. I think i have no other choice then to convert it all.
    I also will buy a new SD card like Jaalouro mention. Maybe that and hopefully that is the problem.....thanks for the time.
    Your card is not the issue, the problem is that while blackberry supports ogg files that is mostly for ringtones, the music app won't read them as it doesn't seem to be able to play them. Just convert to mp3 or aac and you'll be fine
    01-01-15 10:54 PM
    Thanks ealvnv....

That the music app is not read them is not 100% true because some Ogg Files are there in the Music Player.
    I'm not a big fan of MP3 but i have no other option here. So i convert it to mp3.

Thanks for your time.
    01-02-15 11:31 PM