OK I may return to BB. I am tired of the phone game and just want to get stuff done. Now, will BB sync with gmail, gmail contacts and calendar? I understand that BB will run Android apps now, is that easy to do and do they run well?
    Thanks in advance
    CSI Guy
    SF71 likes this.
    08-01-14 11:56 AM
    Yes they do and it's very simple. Grab your new BlackBerry today.

Posted via CB10
    SF71, acovey and IFCArea51 like this.
    08-01-14 11:57 AM
    You'll encounter a few problems like slow loading with the android apps but rest assured that the update to come 10.3 will fix the android runtime, they run just like if you were using an android phone and they even integrate with BlackBerry stock apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 12:05 PM
    We're about to gain another one?
    Noice. Join the black side brother!

They'll most likely going to sync with everything you've mentioned.
    08-01-14 12:12 PM
    Will BB sync with Gmail mail, contacts and calendar?
    08-01-14 01:12 PM
    Will BB sync with Gmail mail, contacts and calendar?
    Yes.

I have mine set to do that.

However, the calender will only pull down 90 days of past events. This has to do with Google and their API settings (I believe).

Your emails can sync for as far back as your very first email for that account.

Your contacts will be synced perfectly. It will take roughly a few hours for all your contacts to be pulled down and email.

During this process your BlackBerry 10 device may get hot or drain battery, due to the indexing process of these newly added information. When I do mine for the first time, I always do at night (before bed) and leave the device connected to the charger and WiFi.

All the best.

Posted via my sexy all black Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-01-14 01:25 PM
    That's the main reason my wife came back - she got tired of bugging around with her iPhone, just wanted it to work, and she missed the keyboard. Q10 to the rescue!
    08-01-14 02:35 PM
    Yes. I have two Gmail accounts on my Z10. All works fine.

The Android stuff depends on what you expect. It's not as fast as using a real Android phone. But it is plenty adequate for getting access to some apps you really need just for utility sake.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 02:40 PM
    OK I may return to BB. I am tired of the phone game and just want to get stuff done. Now, will BB sync with gmail, gmail contacts and calendar? I understand that BB will run Android apps now, is that easy to do and do they run well?
    Thanks in advance
    CSI Guy
    Yes, BlackBerry syncs well with gmail, gmail contacts and calendar.

BlackBerry runs most Android apps but not all and some are wonky especially on the Q10. It's more than adequate for what I need (I use a lot of apps and prefer native but being able to run Android apps has saved me a few times).

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    08-01-14 10:50 PM
    That Android stuff also depends on which phone you are using. The full-touch devices seem to be more compatible since they do run standard Android resolutions, while the BB QWERTY 1:1 ratio simply doesn't exist in the Android world. Just saying since you posted in the Q10 forums.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-02-14 03:19 AM
    May return to BB, tired of the games and just want to get stuff done.-untitled.jpg

cb10 z30sta100-5/10.3.0.296
    Larry Harper and moyah8 like this.
    08-02-14 07:11 AM
    exactly what happened to me. got the q10, happiest/best purchase in last 4 years
    08-02-14 12:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	288485

cb10 z30sta100-5/10.3.0.296
    BlackBerry will be DOOM if everyone think like you because most would avoid BlackBerry. That's why people buy smartphone. For fun. Business, there is desktop and laptop

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    08-02-14 12:25 PM
    BlackBerry will be DOOM if everyone think like you because most would avoid BlackBerry. That's why people buy smartphone. For fun. Business, there is desktop and laptop

Getting things done is fun and more importantly rewarding. When I think of Toys I think games. If I wanted to play games I'd get a PS Vita.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-02-14 12:29 PM
    Getting things done is fun and more importantly rewarding. When I think of Toys I think games. If I wanted to play games I'd get a PS Vita.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I'm talking about music and video player, social apps, feeds, utilities apps. Games, console is better. Business is better leave it to computer.

08-02-14 01:08 PM
    I'm talking about music and video player, social apps, feeds, utilities apps. Games, console is better. Business is better leave it to computer.

BlackBerry 10 has well designed native apps for all the things you've listed. Including games if you feel so inclined.

Smartphones are computers.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-02-14 01:23 PM

What is the name for attention seeking people on forums?

The word Troll rings a bell!

Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-02-14 01:33 PM
    What is the name for attention seeking people on forums?

The word Troll rings a bell!

BlackBerry need to sell 10 million devices just to break even. Do you really expect all enterprise users will switch to BlackBerry. Even then how sustainable it is. I choose BlackBerry because I have no other choice as I hate android and restricted Ios. Later if sailfish or tizen manage to take off. I would definitely jump away from BlackBerry. With BlackBerry now focusing more on enterprise, this make me think if I did the right did the right choice.

08-02-14 01:46 PM
    I'm not sure if you're using Android or iOS, but games are not required to be loaded on either platform in order to be used. I know this because my iPhone is game free. This notion that being productive is something that is exclusive to a Blackberry is as silly as it is false.

Are there some things that are better on a Blackberry? Sure....absolutely. But are there things that can be done on Android and iOS that can't be done on a Blackberry? Absolutely.

If you feel you can be more productive on a Blackberry, then by all means go get yourself one. But for someone like me the opposite is true (thus the iPhone). I love the form factor of the Q10 (the Classic looks even more appealing), but apps like Fantastical, Omnifocus, Textexpander, Pocket and 1Password are just too useful for me to leave behind.

Everyone has their preferences and priorities, but this false narrative that productivity can only be had on a Blackberry just needs to stop.
    Traxxmy likes this.
    08-02-14 01:59 PM
    BlackBerry need to sell 10 million devices just to break even. Do you really expect all enterprise users will switch to BlackBerry. Even then how sustainable it is. I choose BlackBerry because I have no other choice as I hate android and restricted Ios. Later if sailfish or tizen manage to take off. I would definitely jump away from BlackBerry. With BlackBerry now focusing more on enterprise, this make me think if I did the right did the right choice.
    A real glass half empty type. Aren't ya? BlackBerry will prevail. No need to worry.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-02-14 02:01 PM
    I was just kidding around when I posted that picture. Just an FYI, that ad and slogan were made by BlackBerry in 2012 after the release of the Bold 9900.

A phone is just a phone. It's all about personal preference. At the end of the day, I'm glad there are other products out there. Competition drives innovation.

CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-02-14 02:06 PM

Didn't samsung pull the plug on tizen?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:14 PM
    Didn't samsung pull the plug on tizen?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what even happen to Tizen now. All quite suddenly and there still sailfish and ubuntu but losing hope for those two.

A real glass half empty type. Aren't ya? BlackBerry will prevail. No need to worry.
    Posted with X10 via CB10
    ?????. What is the glass thing

Last edited by Traxxmy; 08-03-14 at 09:35 AM.
    08-03-14 07:05 AM
    Not sure what even happen to Tizen now. All quite suddenly and there still sailfish and ubuntu but losing hope for those two.

?????. What is the glass think?

How old are you?

Do your parents know you are on the Internet?

08-03-14 09:30 AM
    How old are you?

Do your parents know you are on the Internet?

Why???

08-03-14 09:34 AM
31 12