Okay, so I'm sure a lot of you already know about the pathetic issue on bb10 where if you have too long of a text string sometimes texting freezes completely, well I'm having a huge problem, andd I attribute it to being from a Groupme text group, right now almost everytime I try to text it freezes, no matter if I pull battery or reset, and when I try to delete the group text, or any text for that matte, it doesn't work, and says it's deleted, but it's still visible on my text list, any help on how to delete this chat? Or get my texts to start working normally.
    07-06-14 07:43 PM
    Okay, so I'm sure a lot of you already know about the pathetic issue on bb10 where if you have too long of a text string sometimes texting freezes completely
    Hmmmmmm....No, I wasn't aware of this. No issue with either my Z10 or Q10...

Bob

Posted With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerries>Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141>Z10-STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 On AT&T
    07-06-14 08:00 PM
    I've already heard some people discuss this, however, a lot of times people say refreshing the hub counts, however this doesn't work for me, any other solutions?
    07-06-14 10:52 PM
    How about reloading your OS.

10.3.0.296 on ZedOneZero
    07-06-14 10:57 PM
    Update: every time I click an old text message string, an empty compose message screen pops up, I still cannot delete any visible conversations from the text menu, and when I try to access them, I get this blank screen saying compose, I am currently running 10,2.1.2179, if I maybe try to update to a newer OS via sachesi would this make this stop?
    07-07-14 10:01 AM
    Update: every time I click an old text message string, an empty compose message screen pops up, I still cannot delete any visible conversations from the text menu, and when I try to access them, I get this blank screen saying compose, I am currently running 10,2.1.2179, if I maybe try to update to a newer OS via sachesi would this make this stop?
    Have you tried the suggestion of reloading the OS yet?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:51 AM
    Have you tried the suggestion of reloading the OS yet?

Posted via CB10
    What's the easiest way to do this? And will this delete all the data off my device?
    07-07-14 12:19 PM
    What's the easiest way to do this? And will this delete all the data off my device?
    It's a known issued that had been discussed previously. I found that the latest OS solved the issue. Haven't had the problem since and I have very very long SMS threads. Try to update the OS. I am running

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:46 PM
    So the thing is, if you updated to 10.2.1 BB will somehow not see SMS carried over from BBOS devices
    But this will also fix the freezing issue (since many have long chains of SMS from BBOS5)
    However, if you want your old SMS, you have to use a program called SMS Backup and backup the texts
    Completely wipe the OS, AND DON'T RESTORE
    Install everything back again, and sync your contacts from cloud (DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP)
    Lastly, restore your SMS using SMS Backup
    This will fix all SMS freezing issues, apps not saving settings (contacts), etc
    07-07-14 12:51 PM
    So the thing is, if you updated to 10.2.1 BB will somehow not see SMS carried over from BBOS devices
    But this will also fix the freezing issue (since many have long chains of SMS from BBOS5)
    However, if you want your old SMS, you have to use a program called SMS Backup and backup the texts
    Completely wipe the OS, AND DON'T RESTORE
    Install everything back again, and sync your contacts from cloud (DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP)
    Lastly, restore your SMS using SMS Backup
    This will fix all SMS freezing issues, apps not saving settings (contacts), etc
    I followed all the official updates with Bell Canada and never loss my SMS. I think there was one update that wasn't push my carrier that deleted all SMS

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:52 PM
    It's a known issued that had been discussed previously. I found that the latest OS solved the issue. Haven't had the problem since and I have very very long SMS threads. Try to update the OS. I am running

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:07 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! So should I use this upgrade via sachesi? And if so will my existing text strings get deleted?
    07-07-14 01:08 PM
    Thank you! So should I use this upgrade via sachesi? And if so will my existing text strings get deleted?
    If you use sachesi, your existing text should be conserved, but I cannot guarantee it! If you have important textes, try to back them up using one of the tools another posters recommended.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:13 PM
    If you use sachesi, your existing text should be conserved, but I cannot guarantee it! If you have important textes, try to back them up using one of the tools another posters recommended.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much, last question, as I stated earlier, when I am viewing my texts list, I see my last messages from old conversations, example: if someone say "joe" messaged me 2 days ago saying "hello" I can still view the message, however when I click the message to access the chat, the compose message screen pops up, with a blank screen! As if I'm sending himm a message from scratch, and if "joe" texts me again, it starts a completely new conversation, so in short, I have 2 separate conversations going with the same contact, however one is inaccessible, if I update my os, will the old previous conversation be restored? Or are my old conversations (that I've had for over a year) lost forever
    07-07-14 01:19 PM
    Thank you very much, last question, as I stated earlier, when I am viewing my texts list, I see my last messages from old conversations, example: if someone say "joe" messaged me 2 days ago saying "hello" I can still view the message, however when I click the message to access the chat, the compose message screen pops up, with a blank screen! As if I'm sending himm a message from scratch, and if "joe" texts me again, it starts a completely new conversation, so in short, I have 2 separate conversations going with the same contact, however one is inaccessible, if I update my os, will the old previous conversation be restored? Or are my old conversations (that I've had for over a year) lost forever
    I am not sure if it's the same issue that I had. But what I know is that the SMS problem was cause mostly by opening a long conversation while a message is coming in... this happens often when you switch often between many conversation. the SMS app would hang on the most recent conversation. No matter what you do, it would just lock there...

I cannot guarantee that it would bring everything back to normal. But also, after the update, make sure you leave a bit of time for the OS to re-thread all your conversations. At the beginning your SMS might appear without any names. Hope it helps!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:12 PM