You can't minimize a flash video on android and have it play in the background because Google, along with Apple have abandoned flash support, for obvious (good) reasons.
    It's the same with HTML5 video, they wont play in the background on android, so are you saying that Google is abandoning that too ?
    04-10-14 12:23 PM
    +1 for jprez89's post.

Running 8 apps does not count as multitasking, although that's basically 8-tasking bberry used to be better at real! multitasking back in 2010, but that title is lost since then. I check my calendar, do a few other things, and my calendar gets to the 9th place and gets kicked out. Maybe if there was an option to pin the active frames we want always to run such as calendar, task etc.

i really miss a home screen on the blackberry. Active frame screen doesn't count.

*i use iphone, android and bberry Q10. iphone got even better and faster with the lastest OS v7.1
    04-10-14 12:37 PM
    And now you know how webOS users feel. You haven't experienced great multitasking until you've used it on webOS. BB10 is certainly by far the closest to it, but it's not quite there.
    I wouldn't say webOS is better at multitasking. I'd say they're on par at this point. This is coming from a palm pre and hp touch pad owner.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:39 PM
    I've never had even 8 apps open at once, unless I was screwing around. Both OS10 and Windows 8 are kinda designed so that you naturally close apps you are done with, rather than collecting a dozen open apps in the task switcher over a day (android and iOS).

From a Z30
    Last edited by Xenolock; 04-10-14 at 04:00 PM.
    SmileDahling and Dave Bourque like this.
    04-10-14 01:33 PM
    It's the same with HTML5 video, they wont play in the background on android, so are you saying that Google is abandoning that too ?
    If I'm not mistaken, you can do that with 3rd party browsers (dolphin, or Firefox for example). I usually stick to default native apps so I wouldn't be sure. You can do that with youtube videos with an app called freedi youtube player. Which even allows you to switch directly from the native youtube player if you prefer for it to play in the background.

I did notice that if I'm viewing a video on youtube mobile site on the Q10, I can exit the browser and it still plays automatically, I found that to work great.

That seems to be the only instance I can trully multitask. I found it really limiting to be able to have just 8 apps open at a time. I ran in to problems with that radio app as I mentioned. I just have to remember to close apps. Really enjoying bb10 regardless.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:57 PM
    I wouldn't say webOS is better at multitasking. I'd say they're on par at this point. This is coming from a palm pre and hp touch pad owner.

Posted via CB10
    Eh, in my opinion webOS multi tasking is far superior.

I can go into card view and see the current status of the task from card view. Card view gives you a real time view of the application. BB10 gives you an "active frame" (cough live tile) or a frozen screen shot of the last status before you switched out. So to actually see the current status of it, you have to go into the application itself. It's only one extra step, but it's an extra step that adds up if you do it often (I used it a ton on my Pre).

Also I turned on the long swipe to switch apps. So I can be browsing the web while IMing a friend. I get notification that I get a new message, I do a long swipe and I'm immediately in the IM app. I type a message hit send, do a long swipe again and I'm back to browsing. BB10 requires extra steps. You have to swipe up to go into card view (I forget the BB10 name for it), then tap on the app to switch. I also did a thing where I installed a patch to open text/IM conversations with different people in different cards. That means I can chat with person X and person Y at the same time and just do a long swipe to switch between conversations. BB10 you have to hit back and then tap on the other person. It sounds like a very minor time savings (and it is), but that time saving gets much more impressive if you're carrying on two conversations at the same time. It's like using Alt-Tab in windows vs using your mouse to find the app on the task bar and clicking on it. Once or twice it's like "dude, whatever, it's like 1 second more time." Doing it over and over and over again you're like "dang, alt-tab is way better!"

Also, swiping off the screen is wayyyyy more fun and cool than tapping the "x".

Don't get me wrong, while BB10 isn't as good as webOS in multitasking, it's not bad. That's the reason I'm on BB10. If webOS is a 10 out of 10 in multitasking, BB10 is a 8.5. iOS, Windows, Android are at a 5. If it weren't for BB10 multitasking I'd be on Android. (It has a game I'm addicted to so it'd save me toting around my tablet which I only use to play).
    imadorkx and Avenzuno like this.
    04-11-14 05:54 PM
    It's still hard to believe how good WebOS was... just another example of how building something great doesn't matter as much as timing, marketing, app selection, etc.
    04-12-14 10:50 AM
57 123