[deleted]
    Last edited by imadorkx; 08-14-17 at 11:58 PM.
    04-08-14 11:26 AM
    Long story short. I sold my q10 because i needed a quick cash. Thought i'm not gonna miss the whole blackberry thing.

i just bought an android phone. its cheap but i know it will get the job done. Its a phone. What could go wrong.

Well, i was dead wrong. I was setting up my new android phone. It took me half an hour to realize this. BB10 multitasking beat everything.

I was setting up my account. I thought im gonna set up my other app in the meantime waiting for the snychronizing to finish up.
    Well, You cant.

I was playing some games. Got a new message come in. Thought im gonna reply 1st then resume my games.
    Nope. You cant.

It took me a not even 1 day to realize BB multitasking beats everything. I cant do two thing in the same time with an android phone.

Might go with Z30 after this.
    Yup. I used a Windows phone for nearly a week and I thought it was fun looking but I couldn't wait to get back to a BlackBerry so I could actually do stuff. The lack of true multi-tasking was a huge deal. I didn't know what I was missing until it was gone.

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 11:29 AM
    Ha...I made that mistake too. It took me a good minute before I could find a good used BlackBerry again online.

Nothing beats getting out of an app to check a message to just be where you left off on that app.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 11:32 AM
    Perhaps the more important lesson is about money management? You had some cash flow problems and ended up switching phones which couldn't have netted you much more than a hundred bucks or so, right? Now you are looking at a Z30?
    04-08-14 11:37 AM
    Perhaps the more important lesson is about money management? You had some cash flow problems and ended up switching phones which couldn't have netted you much more than a hundred bucks or so, right? Now you are looking at a Z30?
    Wow.

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 11:46 AM
    This happens in BB10 as well sometimes when multi tasking with Android apps. Nothing beats native BB10 apps in BB10. Too bad not enough people realize this.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 11:51 AM
    While I just recently got myself a Q10 (and enjoying it) I would have to completely disagree.

Firstly, I think multitasking is a lot easier and functional on STOCK android, which actually gives you a dedicated multitasking/app switcher button. And, if you close a game to text someone, you can return right back were you left off.

From my short time with the Q10 and BB10, you can still manage "truer" multitasking on (stock) Android. Again, it's important to note I'm speaking about Stock vanilla android (like what's on the Nexus and Google Play edition devices), which is Android as Google meant to be, not something like Samsung or HTC offer (a skin on top of Android).

Which device was it that your purchased? If you can, I suggest your return it and get a Moto G (or Moto X). The Moto G starts at 179 (199 for the 16gb model), unlocked! It's very fast, has a great screen (4.5inch 720p ips panel)that's not (too) big, and great battery life. The only negatives are the somewhat crappy camera and it only is capable of 3g (which I found a non issue since I have tmobile and is plenty fast). Another feature that sold me on the Moto G to replace my broken Nexus 4, is that is has Nano coating, which pretty much makes the phone water proof. A huge bonus for me

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-08-14 05:03 PM
    While I just recently got myself a Q10 (and enjoying it) I would have to completely disagree.

Firstly, I think multitasking is a lot easier and functional on STOCK android, which actually gives you a dedicated multitasking/app switcher button. And, if you close a game to text someone, you can return right back were you left off.

From my short time with the Q10 and BB10, you can still manage "truer" multitasking on (stock) Android. Again, it's important to note I'm speaking about Stock vanilla android (like what's on the Nexus and Google Play edition devices), which is Android as Google meant to be, not something like Samsung or HTC offer (a skin on top of Android).

Which device was it that your purchased? If you can, I suggest your return it and get a Moto G (or Moto X). The Moto G starts at 179 (199 for the 16gb model), unlocked! It's very fast, has a great screen (4.5inch 720p ips panel)that's not (too) big, and great battery life. The only negatives are the somewhat crappy camera and it only is capable of 3g (which I found a non issue since I have tmobile and is plenty fast). Another feature that sold me on the Moto G to replace my broken Nexus 4, is that is has Nano coating, which pretty much makes the phone water proof. A huge bonus for me

Posted via CB10
    Or buy a brand-new z10 for 300 bones on shop BlackBerry

Swordsmanship Channel
    04-08-14 05:10 PM
    Or buy a brand-new z10 for 300 bones on shop BlackBerry

Swordsmanship Channel
    I considered the Z10 myself, but people seem to agree about its bad battery life, which was a deal breaker for me personally. I played with it for a while and loved it besides that one issue. I instead opted for the Q10 (I'm a tech junkie) lol.

I still think the Moto G is the phone to beat as far as "budget" phones. It's still 100 bucks less than the z10 (unlocked), and you can obviously get a lot more apps natively. It's been praised highly by reviewers for good reason, it's a great choice for someone who wants to try Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 05:21 PM
    I left BlackBerry a while ago having the new iphones and most of the top android devices over the past few years. I to thought I was done with BlackBerry. Well last year my work issued me a 9930 when I got promoted and I began to see what kept me with BlackBerry for all those years. Well that got the wheels turning a number of months ago and I returned to the Crackberry forums to see what you all had to say about the newest BlackBerry 10 devices.

Well after many trips to the Verizon store to get a chance to feel the new BlackBerry for myself I finally gave in and got myself a Q10. I just recently sold my Note 3 and now use my Q10 as my personal device. My 9930 is still in use for work as it has one app that is only certified for use on os7 but everything else is done on my q10 now. I feel back at home and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience of this fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:06 PM
    I left BlackBerry a while ago having the new iphones and most of the top android devices over the past few years. I to thought I was done with BlackBerry. Well last year my work issued me a 9930 when I got promoted and I began to see what kept me with BlackBerry for all those years. Well that got the wheels turning a number of months ago and I returned to the Crackberry forums to see what you all had to say about the newest BlackBerry 10 devices.

Well after many trips to the Verizon store to get a chance to feel the new BlackBerry for myself I finally gave in and got myself a Q10. I just recently sold my Note 3 and now use my Q10 as my personal device. My 9930 is still in use for work as it has one app that is only certified for use on os7 but everything else is done on my q10 now. I feel back at home and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience of this fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Went with a Galaxy S2 (broke it), iPhone 4S (for a year) then landed on a Q10. I really happy with my choice, and much prefer this phone to my work issued 9900 (great for email and as a phone, terrible for everything else).

Hopefully BlackBerry continues to build on BlackBerry 10 - it's a great operating system. Too bad more people aren't giving it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:31 PM
    And now you know how webOS users feel. You haven't experienced great multitasking until you've used it on webOS. BB10 is certainly by far the closest to it, but it's not quite there.
    04-08-14 07:20 PM
    And now you know how webOS users feel. You haven't experienced great multitasking until you've used it on webOS. BB10 is certainly by far the closest to it, but it's not quite there.
    Wow. I forgot about Palm there for a second. I did enjoy my Palm Pre. A nice little device.

Posted via CB10
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-08-14 07:25 PM
    Having previously owned and used a Palm Pixie Plus and hp Veer & Pre3, I understand the value of a good OS and UI combo. It's great to experience again multitasking with a slick UI. Web OS was ahead of its time, just I think BlackBerry 10, with its QNX foundation and TAT-inspired UI, has a brighter future. A problem with web's was its Android core and failed hp management. I'm just glad to be using a BB10 device now!

Posted via CB10 from my VZW Z30
    04-08-14 08:57 PM
    Well, im glad most of us agreed that bb10 multitasking is totally great.
    04-08-14 09:46 PM
    I hope BBRY will release a new QWERTY phone in the future. i cant stand touchscreen. i spent my time correcting words more than actually sending it.
    04-08-14 10:11 PM
    One never truly appreciates things until they don't have it anymore. Glad to hear you guys stories.
    04-08-14 10:19 PM
    I hope BBRY will release a new QWERTY phone in the future. i cant stand touchscreen. i spent my time correcting words more than actually sending it.
    Q20 ? BB10 with new UI enhancements and toolbelt with trackpad included. 3.5 inch screen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    acovey and imadorkx like this.
    04-08-14 10:33 PM
    A problem with web's was its Android core and failed hp management. I'm just glad to be using a BB10 device now!
    I'm pretty sure WebOS was (well, is) Linux-based.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-08-14 10:35 PM
    By the way, OP, you just should win a headline-writing award This one's like a car-crash. It's impossible not to look!
    Nemzy likes this.
    04-08-14 10:37 PM
    I'm pretty sure WebOS was (well, is) Linux-based.
    Oh yes, Linux. I stand corrected. In a similar vein, I am glad BlackBerry 10 has Android runtime, something that could have possibly saved webOS.

anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-08-14 10:55 PM
    Oh yes, Linux. I stand corrected. In a similar vein, I am glad BlackBerry 10 has Android runtime, something that could have possibly saved webOS.

Definitely. If only the Android Compatibility Layer had come out before they killed the TouchPad. But I digress...
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-08-14 11:20 PM
    After using an Android tablet I'm never leaving my BlackBerry for any other phone. I used a Samsung Galaxy Note and S4 and I'm not going to lie they are smooth to navigate but they're apps and browsers just won't stop crashing.