I live in 4G and 4G LTE areas, and yet I have never ever had LTE speeds with my Sprint Q10. Why is that? I thought the Q10 was LTE enabled? My network technology is set on Global. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:59 PM
    Did you buy your Q10 directly from Sprint?
    Go into your device Settings by swiping down from the top bezel while on the home screen. Click About. What does it say under Model Number?
    12-16-13 07:57 PM
    Data speed is determined by your carrier, more than your phone. Does your carrier map show LTE in your area? Sprint does not have 4G in my area, even though Verizon does.
    I live in 4G and 4G LTE areas, and yet I have never ever had LTE speeds with my Sprint Q10. Why is that? I thought the Q10 was LTE enabled? My network technology is set on Global. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:24 PM
    Go into your device Settings by swiping down from the top bezel while on the home screen. Click About. What does it say under Model Number?
    I bought my Sprint Q10 from Amazon.com(49.99 for my upgrade). it is Model SQN 100-4. Here in Norfolk, VA(a second round market) where i live, sprint only has about 49% of the market completed for LTE. I have gotten 4G in some places, but never have seen LTE, but when i download i usually use WiFi, and the downloads are fast enough.
    12-16-13 11:18 PM
    Yes, I bought it from Sprint which is the SQN100-4 variant.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:40 PM
    Data speed is determined by your carrier, more than your phone. Does your carrier map show LTE in your area? Sprint does not have 4G in my area, even though Verizon does.
    Posted via CB10
    I bought my Sprint Q10 from Amazon.com(49.99 for my upgrade). it is Model SQN 100-4. Here in Norfolk, VA(a second round market) where i live, sprint only has about 49% of the market completed for LTE. I have gotten 4G in some places, but never have seen LTE, but when i download i usually use WiFi, and the downloads are fast enough.
    Currently Chicago and Los Angeles maps show 4G LTE coverage, but I have never ever seen "4G LTE" on the top right of my screen. The highest is just "4G" I've gotten.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:44 PM
    Sprint doesn't have a lot of LTE coverage, but when my Q10 is hooked up to it, it blazes! A huge jump in speed from Sprint's 3G to 4G.
    12-16-13 11:48 PM
    Sprint doesn't have a lot of LTE coverage, but when my Q10 is hooked up to it, it blazes! A huge jump in speed from Sprint's 3G to 4G.
    I'm aware of Sprint's lack in coverage. However, my area shows coverage with 4G and 4G LTE speeds. Even when I'm on 4G I don't consider things "blazingly fast". I want to know if any Sprint Q10 user has ever gotten "4G LTE" to show on the top right of their homescreen. So far it seems like no one has experienced these speeds.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:56 PM
    The coverage maps are not always accurate in areas where they are still working on upgrading. I don't think a lot of markets are fully done. You can call in and they can tell pretty accurate to which towers you connect. The fact that your phone says 4G should indicate you have some form of 4G coverage and that can only be LTE.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:37 AM
    The coverage maps are not always accurate in areas where they are still working on upgrading. I don't think a lot of markets are fully done. You can call in and they can tell pretty accurate to which towers you connect. The fact that your phone says 4G should indicate you have some form of 4G coverage and that can only be LTE.

Posted via CB10
    So are you saying that if I am running on 4G LTE speeds, I will never know because the indicator on the top right will only read "4G" at all times?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:00 AM
    So are you saying that if I am running on 4G LTE speeds, I will never know because the indicator on the top right will only read "4G" at all times?

Posted via CB10
    If I may chime in, that is correct. I have Sprint and live in a 4G area and it is quite amazing. I'm definitely satisfied with the performance. The rep who sold me my device did mention that the network is always undergoing changes because of some big transitions the company is working on right now. He told me to maybe once a week go into the "self service" app and use the "udpate PRL" and "update profile" options to keep the network data up to date.

In my case, no, I've never seen it say "lte" on the indicator, but if you live in an area where you get Sprint 4G on the indicator, I can't imagine you being disappointed in the sheer speed of it. Sprint improved over how they were years ago for sure.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-17-13 02:01 AM
    4G LTE shows as 4G on your phone.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:44 AM
    I also live in Norfolk, VA (What a small world, huh?) and I get 4G sparatically on Sprint. I'm guessing that the Now Network is doing the best it can, but we'll see what happens next year.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CranBerry413; 12-17-13 at 03:25 PM.
    12-17-13 10:26 AM
    Pls guys, pls I need help on how to unlock my q10 .
    IMEI: 990004620323380
    12-17-13 11:05 AM
    in an area where you get Sprint 4G on the indicator, I can't imagine you being disappointed in the sheer speed of it.

I've just never been wowed by their 4G speeds because when it happens to be show a strong signal, it's never constant. I'll keep updating my profile in hopes that they'll get things right soon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thanasi; 01-19-14 at 01:48 AM.
    12-17-13 12:03 PM
    I've just never been wowed by their 4G speeds because when it happens to be show a strong signal, it's never a constant. I'll keep updating my profile in hopes that they'll get things right soon.

Posted via CB10
    I am convinced it's just something that varies by area. I hope it gets straightened out man truly, I know it's possible because I've never had spotty issues up to now. At least your 'Berry itself is treating you right yeah?

12-17-13 03:47 PM
    It totally depends on where you are, and how good 4G covers the area. You should be able to look at a map from your carrier to see how well your area is covered.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:33 PM
    I also live in Norfolk, VA (What a small world, huh?) and I get 4G sparatically on Sprint. I'm guessing that the Now Network is doing the best it can, but we'll see what happens next year.

Posted via CB10
    i work at the airport, on the ramp, and if i am on one side, i can get 4G, but if i walk 15 feet or so, it goes back to 3G. Still not complaining though, as we can see that it is a work in progress, that is actually making progress.
    12-17-13 05:06 PM
    I'm saying that if it sasy 4G lte area. speeds will depend on how far they are with upgrading and how many lte towers there are
    12-17-13 08:44 PM
    3G even seems seamless browsing FB, 4G doesn't seem anyfaster but apps download faster

You think the middle of chicago would have LTE just fine, big city
    12-18-13 06:30 AM
    i work at the airport, on the ramp, and if i am on one side, i can get 4G, but if i walk 15 feet or so, it goes back to 3G. Still not complaining though, as we can see that it is a work in progress, that is actually making progress.
    I work 5 minutes south of there off Military Hwy, and There is one spot on my desk (markes with a post-it) that gets 1 bar of 4G. If I move in either direction, I go back to 3G. No joke.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:20 AM
    At least your 'Berry itself is treating you right yeah?

Love my Q10 to death. Just waiting for 10.2 or maybe Sprint will jump to 10.2.1 directly. We'll see. And no, I don't feel comfortable doing leaks.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:49 AM
    So apparently one of you says it will never show "4G LTE" on the signal indicator; that all I will see is "4G". But look at this user, they're not on Sprint of course, but it shows it.

LTE on Sprint Q10-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:52 AM
    Hmm... I've never seen the 'LTE' symbol on my Q10, but I always have a solid and fast 4G connection where I live at: which is The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and I do a lot of traveling around the area. Though, once in a blue moon, My connection might drop to 3G, but it's still pretty solid.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:40 AM
    4G here in Raleigh, NC has been quite strong and has even been pretty good building penetration. I used to have to turn on Wifi but now my 4G is FASTER than Wifi on the Sprint network. In certain buildings it will fall back to 3G.

Posted from my BB Q10
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-19-14 05:03 AM