First off let me say THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST DANG PHONE I HAVE EVER USED...maybe the best gadget all around!

I recall that every review seemed to pan this device as a relic for fuddy-dud CEOs who want keyboards, I must disagree. After using the thing for about 45 minutes I don't believe that the reviewers on tech news sites and blogs really tested the thing, that is, they didnt make it their production phone for a week, or even a day or two to get a feel for it - had they I think there would have been more praise, yes the app store is very weak, but it is getting better and will continue to improve with handset sales increases. I just dont understand why every reporter is either an iDrone or a Fandroid, are there any independent thoughtful product reviewers left that are trustworthy and not sellouts? (I exclude platform specific sites from this statement as I wouldn't go to iMore or Android central for BB info)

I used a blackberry in 2007-2008 for work, and got a personal iphone in 07 also, been on iphones until last year when I switched to Win Phone, and today changing back to blackberry, its smooth as butter, the converged mail text alerts view slide out thing is as briliant as it looks, its all so simple straight forward and fast to navigate, the fonts render really clearly and the gestured multitasking, to me, just seems to be second nature after 5 minutes of getting used to it.

Why all the bad, or at best tepid reviews for this device?

Bottom line, this thing just works.
    07-06-13 03:10 PM
    I dont think its getting bad or tepid reviews really....most the the sites I saw said the same thing...great phone , great keyboard, great os but if you need a big screen or many apps stay away......i think thats totally fair and as honest a review as I could expect.
    Laura Knotek and kazn3r like this.
    07-06-13 03:17 PM
    Some are so in to their other platforms... they refuse to give BlackBerry a shot.

Some will start comparing it to devices like the Note II among others with these crazy specs, but fail to realize all that isn't needed on the BlackBerry devices. Heck, look how smooth iOS and WP are without them.

Others need certain apps that aren't native or the platform yet.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-13 03:19 PM
    Some are so in to their other platforms... they refuse to give BlackBerry a shot.

Some will start comparing it to devices like the Note II among others with these crazy specs, but fail to realize all that isn't needed on the BlackBerry devices. Heck, look how smooth iOS and WP are without them.

Others need certain apps that aren't native or the platform yet.
    I do agree with that to an extent...a few reviews were like "i dont know why you would get a phone with such a small screen" ignoring the huge keyboard under it....its like....review the device in how it compares to a phone of the modern age and not your galaxy razr whatever....other than that i think most reviews have been pretty fair
    07-06-13 03:29 PM
    Yes, I agree that a lot of the reviews don't seem to have given the Q10 a fair shake. I felt the ones that didn't mainly wrote poor "reviews" because they didn't understand that the Q10 is not an iPhone and is not an Android. After reading their reviews I felt like they were unsatisfied because the Q10 wasn't a "better" iPhone or "better" Samsung phone. Also the majority of reviewers didn't seem to have spent anywhere near enough time with the phone. They didn't seem to take into account that it's not only a brand new phone, it's a brand new operating system and it's going to take a few days to learn the ins and outs because it's not like anything that's out there right now. For me, comparing the Q10 to other phones is pointless because it's in a class of its own. I'm excited to see what future updates and models of the phone will bring us.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 03:55 PM
    I find it pretty hilarious that my Q10 has specs that match the iPhone and are close to the GS4 and we don't even need the same specs because we don't have many big-screen supported apps, or too many apps that require that much spec. Spec-wise, the Q10 is pretty amazing to its competitors based on what we can actually use for it.

Also if you're buying a phone like this for game apps, you probably buy a car so you can ride your bike. It has a good selection of games, but the apps that count for this are productivity apps. I don't really need any other app. Except, I'd love a BB dedicated/developed Instagram app.
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    07-07-13 04:58 PM
    I find it pretty hilarious that my Q10 has specs that match the iPhone and are close to the GS4 and we don't even need the same specs because we don't have many big-screen supported apps, or too many apps that require that much spec. Spec-wise, the Q10 is pretty amazing to its competitors based on what we can actually use for it.

Also if you're buying a phone like this for game apps, you probably buy a car so you can ride your bike. It has a good selection of games, but the apps that count for this are productivity apps. I don't really need any other app. Except, I'd love a BB dedicated/developed Instagram app.
    I find it hilarious that most do not give credit to the browser. The browser in the TriState area on ATT LTE is so fast (and loads normal sites, not mobile) it scares me. It is literally ridiculously fast. Also, the Hotspot (which I bet I get in trouble soon at work for going over data) is a great tool, especially for my iPad Mini. I mean, wow. I am so impressed, it's incredible. Besides the keyboard, I am 100% keeping the Q10 in the same way I kept my storm--wait, this is a horrible sentence, but I intend to say I am keeping it because of the lightning fast browser. Also, Apple lovers, click R in an article...and stop complaining.

Holler. Better than 9930.
    07-08-13 02:44 PM