I'm supposed to be ordering the Q10 on Monday but I see a lot of people on this forum with a lot of issues with their devices. Sounds frustrating reading a lot of the posts. I'm coming from a 9900 with zero issues from day 1. I love the keyboard but its tough deciding to make the jump to the Q10... Hard to ignore!
    10-24-13 07:56 PM
    I have still got my legacy device and my BB10 device. What are your most important features?
    10-24-13 08:02 PM
    Keep in mind this is a forum. People who are happy with their Q10 tend not to post.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:05 PM
    ^

Yup. Half the problems people complain about I have yet to encounter. My only problem would on be regards with blackberry link.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xtiNyx; 10-24-13 at 11:00 PM.
    10-24-13 08:10 PM
    I'm supposed to be ordering the Q10 on Monday but I see a lot of people on this forum with a lot of issues with their devices. Sounds frustrating reading a lot of the posts. I'm coming from a 9900 with zero issues from day 1. I love the keyboard but its tough deciding to make the jump to the Q10... Hard to ignore!
    I've got a couple of Q10's with VERY FUSSY users. They "absolutely love" their phones. Best Keyboard Ever.

They came from a variety of phones including the 9900.

To be fair; BlackBerry 10 is REALLY DIFFERENT than BBOS. Please do the tutorials and ask for help if you get stuck. Once you get the hang of using your right thumb for nearly everything you'll be content. Many of the old shortcuts you know (like using the space bar to scroll down a screenful of information or T for Top and B for Bottom are all still there. Other things are different.

I hope you end up as happy as my users did.
    10-24-13 08:17 PM
    Indeed, ppl with no problems don't need to QQ. My Q10 works great

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and aljawaid like this.
    10-24-13 08:31 PM
    I came from a 9900 which had a slight keyboard issue as did my 9780. Seems to be hard to make tiny keywords perfectly. This one so far has been great on keyboard. To say I didn't want to throw it at a wall on a few occasions would be a lie. It is frustrating when you want to do something and can't just blackberry button your way to an answer or menu. So yes there is a learning curve at least for me but I am stubborn and wanted to make it work. So now it works. Yes I still have issues with the sensitive screen and doing the right gesture but it does work and should get better with time.

I messed with my son's galaxy nexus and man I didn't enjoy that at all. Like my keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:43 PM
    LOVE the Q10!

Posted via CB10
    aljawaid likes this.
    10-24-13 08:57 PM
    The Q10 is awesome. I just started a thread with all of the available keyboard shortcuts. Hopefully you find some comfort in this.

Get the phone! You won't regret it!

Posted with my Q10!
    10-24-13 09:00 PM
    It's an amazing phone. You won't be disappointed.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    jagrlover likes this.
    10-24-13 09:07 PM
    Q10 for me has been a solid phone for calls and text. I can give it a complete thumbs up on email as I find every now and then that my emails get deleted. Don't know whether it's user error or what.

Final word for me is Q10 is a solid phone but kind of boring.

If it's just a keyboard phone you want and text alot, I would say go for it. If your looking for more then pick something else

Posted via CB10
    len pothier likes this.
    10-24-13 09:14 PM
    Sorry I meant I can not give it a thumbs up for email. My "T" sometime doesn't work unless I press it harder than the other keys

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:17 PM
    Had a network issue with my Q10 prior to the update yesterday. But, all is good now. When I left a wifi zone, BB network would disconnect and not reconnect to cell network. I would toggle Airplane Mode and it would be all set. Anyway, that seems to be fixed as I was in and out of wifi all day. Other than that, it's solid. I like it more than my old 9900.
    Just my 2�.
    10-24-13 09:26 PM
    No problems whatsoever with my Q10! Had it since May! One battery lasts me more than a day and had to go thru 3 fully charged batteries on my 9900 in one day. Thought it was a defective 9900 so I swapped it with a brand new 9900 and same exact thing! Love my Q10!!! Just sayin

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-24-13 09:31 PM
    I went from a 9930 to the Q10. Now, I also have had a Playbook, which prepared me for a lot of what BB10 is all about, but with that background, I would say this was an unequivocal plus to make the jump.

I tell people in situations like yours that the 9900 is a keyboard phone with a touch screen. The Q10 is a touchscreen phone with a keyboard. It has a different attitude, but if you are flexible about learning a new UI, you'll love it.

And 4G...oh yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:04 PM
    People usually come here with their problems.

People who are happy with their devices are probably too busy being happy with them to search for a forum to express how happy they are.

I love my iPod touch but have never written on iMore about how much I love it.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and aljawaid like this.
    10-24-13 10:09 PM

I love my iPod touch ...

Posted via CB10
    That's good for you to let that out. Admitting it is the first step toward recovery.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:13 PM
    Seems to be all good. Just the problems, ie, dysfunctional cameras, email errors, missed calls do to black screen, hub problems, random reboots etc etc..
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-24-13 10:16 PM
    I went from a 9930 to the Q10. Now, I also have had a Playbook, which prepared me for a lot of what BB10 is all about, but with that background, I would say this was an unequivocal plus to make the jump.

I tell people in situations like yours that the 9900 is a keyboard phone with a touch screen. The Q10 is a touchscreen phone with a keyboard. It has a different attitude, but if you are flexible about learning a new UI, you'll love it.

And 4G...oh yes.

Posted via CB10
    Nicely put!

And definitely echoing the sentiment of many who are also happy with their Q10s. Check your old habits at the door: BB10 is hip, and new, and makes BBOS feel more stale than week-old pizza.

Expect a learning curve (which is quite shallow). The phone is easy to learn, but the old habits take time to go away. Lol.

I'm pretty sure you won't regret getting one.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-24-13 10:17 PM
    I hated my Q10 for the first 24 hours - then I realised that my Torch was what I should have hated!
    on v10.1...
    The keyboard - wow!
    Camera - wow!
    Sharing - crap
    Calendar - wow!
    Contacts - too confusing
    BB Link - amazing with full remote access too
    Windows - wow! that it creates a mapped dragndrop network drive as soon as you connect usb or wifi
    Docs To Go - wow!
    Print to Go - wow!

on v10.2...
    Contacts - wow!
    Camera - wow!
    BB Link - wow!
    Keyboard - wower!
    Toasts - wow!
    Sharing - wower!
    Notification - wow!
    Docs To Go - wow!
    Print to Go - wow!
    Oh my god the list is endless.

I am very fussy about fones. I came from Nokia and now in my second BB - one OS6 and now OS10.2.

But then I am one of those who makes the phone work for me and not work myself for the phone.
    doubtazul likes this.
    10-24-13 10:32 PM
    I LOVE MY Q10! I got it for the keyboard and because I really needed to upgrade my phone. Don't laugh, I had my BlackBerry Pearl 8100 not 9100 an 8100, first Pearl ever since 2006? Can't remember but I think it was 06 maybe 07. Anyway, went through two 8100's never felt the need for anything other than my excellent device. Got me through 12-15 hour work days and the productivity level excelled. Personal use was just as great, road trips, my device outperformed others in fluidity, productivity, reliability, call quality and any other ITY out there possible

Long long story ' I know but what I am trying to get to is that I was so reluctant to switch even considered an Android phone for the large screen and swype features which are fun and fast but not always correct. So I asked myself, what's truly what you both want and need, is there a happy medium? For me, found it in Q10. And as I go along exploring this new, innovative, brilliant device/OS I realize, this has been the best decision made. I need a device that will perform and outrun me. That's my Q10.

Keeps moving ME forward!
    10-24-13 10:53 PM
    Keyboard - wower!

Sharing - wower!
    Nice!

Talk about superlatives....
    aljawaid likes this.
    10-24-13 11:00 PM
    Also worth noting that there are a few people in particular that post their issues and negative feelings over and over. Not to say there aren't folks that have had some issues are just don't dig the Q10, but if you eliminated a couple it would drastically change the negative post count.
    I came from a 9900 and absolutely love my Q10. It's all about your use and knowledge level. Different strokes for different folks.

Posted via CB10
    aljawaid and ny1979 like this.
    10-24-13 11:02 PM
    As others have said here. Crackberry is the place to go when you have a problem and want to troubleshoot or just plain vent. Do not take it as the majority of users just because the majority of threads are issues. Also people love to complain and some love to repeatedly. Makes it looks like there are tons of problems when it isn't really true. Love Q10. Completely different animal to legacy devices. They share a physical keyboard and a name and not much else.
    aljawaid likes this.
    10-24-13 11:07 PM
    Had my Q10 since July. Not 1 single problem to report. Can't wait for 10.2 to hit my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:18 PM
78 123 ...