I am so frustrated with Maps on my Q10
    I have trawled forums without success.
    I am on 10.3.2.2639 and all of a sudden the voice option on my MAPS app has disappeared in favour of bleeps which makes it absolutely useless in my car.
    I have tried restarts etc but cannot find a setting which I can get voice back.
    I am a real novice (pensioner) so need very simple instructions.
    Should I just reload the MAPS app, or what, please?
    HELP!
    Richard
    10-20-15 01:55 PM
    The first, most simple thing to do is check your settings (and I apologise if you have already done this).
    Pull down from the top of the Maps screen and select 'settings'.
    Select 'Audio navigation' and check that the 'Voice navigation' button is selected.
    If it's set to 'Tone only' that's where your problem is.

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    10-20-15 02:32 PM
    Thanks. Nobody had suggested that before. I have checked and everything seems set correctly.
    Richard
    10-21-15 04:54 AM
    The next step is to change your Language setting in Settings > Language and Input from English (US) to English (UK), and then restart your phone before testing again.
    10-21-15 05:11 AM
    I have solved my problem.....
    Triggered by a suggestion and instructions to find the MAP settings I went there and checked that Voice alone was set. I then wondered what would happen if I set tone. I set Tone, exited MAPS and tried again. Still Tone. Then I changed back to voice, exited MAPS. Re-entered MAPS and the voice has come back. I am so pleased because without that the app is useless for me.
    Grateful thanks for all help.
    Richard
    Joshu42 likes this.
    10-21-15 10:59 AM
    ..... I set Tone, exited MAPS and tried again. Still Tone. Then I changed back to voice, exited MAPS. Re-entered MAPS and the voice has come back. I am so pleased because without that the app is useless for me.
    That all seems a bit of a mystery but at least you have now solved your problem. Hopefully BB-Maps will settle down now and you will not have any further issues.
    Voice navigation on BB-Maps has (thus far) been pretty reliable on my Q10
    10-21-15 11:07 AM