05-22-14 05:11 AM
27 12
tools
    so i see all of these posts about random restarts- i think that i have had some- but i also noticed that even the smallest of bumps on certain areas of the device restart it- im wondering if the battery is too loose in the device- a small- couple inch if even- drop on bottom left corner- kind of setting it down on its back- seems to do enough to restart the phone.

has anyone else had this issue? thinking of using a bit of electrical tape to help this issue- and also electrical tape on top of nfc contacts which are what make that little noise occasionally.
    07-15-13 06:44 PM
    I think it's android problem, I never have this problem

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone running 10.2.0.483 [2ABA2B4C]
    07-15-13 06:45 PM
    android problem?
    07-15-13 06:49 PM
    Yea, lost processes that makes the phone over heat and reboot because of safety

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone running 10.2.0.483 [2ABA2B4C]
    07-15-13 06:59 PM
    The battery door on my Q is solid it's not loose at all. The battery also fits snug as well. I believe you have a defective device and I would return it for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:21 PM
    I've had my Q10 on Verizon since the day it launched. I've also had my Z10 on Verizon since launch day. Neither phone has re-booted a single time.

Verizon Blackberry Q10. #TeamCrackBerry
    07-15-13 09:38 PM
    I have the same problem, bumps to the phone will restart it. I found pulling the battery, sim and sd cards and then working the spring loaded battery contacts will fix the problem for a couple months.
    09-02-13 03:34 PM
    Easy fix, instead of sending it back, stick a business card or a piece of paper. My Q battery door was SUPER snug but I added a piece of paper just to make it more stiff. Now even when I drop it, the back doesn't pop out..

Posted via SQN100-3 10.2.0.1047
    09-02-13 03:58 PM
    I had that problem too, resolved with a piece of paper. However, this shouldn't happen on such a device.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:12 PM
    Is there a more elegant solution to this? Will a new battery work? I'm afraid of the paper/card warping the back cover over time, and needing more and more paper.
    Last edited by xACiD; 05-18-14 at 02:34 PM.
    05-18-14 02:16 PM
    If there was no one posted about in the past 8 months. Return the device or follow some of the options provided.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 02:44 PM
    Had that problem with my Z10, I just cleaned the battery contacts and connector pins with a bit of paper made to a point, that done the trick
    05-18-14 02:54 PM
    FYI new battery seems to be working for me. Unable to duplicate the issue. With my old battery after removing the paper I can easily duplicate it.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:22 PM
    talking about a new battery for the Q10, is this website trustable? what i see here is an awesome deal: BlackBerry Q10 Battery 2100mAh Replacement from China Supplier, Wholesaler, Retailer
    05-19-14 11:34 PM
    Had that problem with my Z10, I just cleaned the battery contacts and connector pins with a bit of paper made to a point, that done the trick
    How did you clean it exactly? I cant imagine using paper to clean connectors. Some details would be appreciated

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-20-14 12:20 AM
    I have the same problem. I've tried the business card solution, tested by tapping on my hand pretty hard, tossed on carpet floor and all was good.

Got to my office and put phone on my desk and boom. Restart.

Also NFC doesn't work. I only have 1/2 business card in there and directly over battery, nothing else, but I guess it's enough to void NFC

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-20-14 06:17 AM
    I have made several posts about how to resolve this but i made an image now which should be more helpful and clear.

Loose Battery = restarts-q10-fix.jpg

Hope this helps. It would be nice to compile a list of where the devices with this issue were made and what battery codes people have with this issue.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    05-20-14 06:58 AM
    I have the same problem. I've tried the business card solution, tested by tapping on my hand pretty hard, tossed on carpet floor and all was good.

Got to my office and put phone on my desk and boom. Restart.

Also NFC doesn't work. I only have 1/2 business card in there and directly over battery, nothing else, but I guess it's enough to void NFC

Please try my fix. Your issue is EXACTLY what i had. It always occurred when setting the phone down. This fixed it and NFC will continue to work as well.
    05-20-14 07:02 AM
    Thank you karaya1 but I can't read what your image says. I can see the arrow but can't make out words.

05-20-14 07:42 AM
    I have made several posts about how to resolve this but i made an image now which should be more helpful and clear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q10 Fix.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	272148
    So are you placing tape on the end of the battery to force it into the contacts, or simply taping the battery to the body of the device?
    05-20-14 08:33 AM
    So are you placing tape on the end of the battery to force it into the contacts, or simply taping the battery to the body of the device?
    Neither. I put 1/2 of a business card over the battery. But now I see what your talking about so will def give that a try.

Thanks!

05-20-14 08:45 AM
    Whats wrong with the words on the image? They look clear on my screen.

Berryaddictnoza, no. As in the image, the small strip of tape is placed in the compartment where the arrow points. It simply removes a tiny amount of space in the compartment so the battery fits tighter. It works simply as a wedge. You put it in and forget about it. If you never swap your battery out you could simply cut a 1/16th inch of business card and put it in that wedge too.

Simply a very narrow strip of tape is placed in the compartment where the arrow is. The white-out part in the center of the image is simply to remove my PIN/Serial Numbers. No adhesive is in contact with the battery. It just serves to take up that ~.1mm of space that is the problem. This solution works.

Here is an image explanation. Loose Battery = restarts-q10fix3.jpg
    Last edited by karaya1; 05-20-14 at 09:15 AM.
    moody and berryaddictnoza like this.
    05-20-14 08:51 AM
    Neither. I put 1/2 of a business card over the battery. But now I see what your talking about so will def give that a try.

Thanks!

Please check out the new image and let me know if it resolves your issue.

Thanks!
    05-20-14 09:17 AM
    Too small for my old eyes to see. LoL
    Probably could see if I was on my pc but I'm using CB app on my phone.

But I'm gonna use pc later so thanks for posting it!

05-20-14 05:25 PM

Berryaddictnoza, no. As in the image, the small strip of tape is placed in the compartment where the arrow points. It simply removes a tiny amount of space in the compartment so the battery fits tighter. It works simply as a wedge. You put it in and forget about it. If you never swap your battery out you could simply cut a 1/16th inch of business card and put it in that wedge too.

Simply a very narrow strip of tape is placed in the compartment where the arrow is. The white-out part in the center of the image is simply to remove my PIN/Serial Numbers. No adhesive is in contact with the battery. It just serves to take up that ~.1mm of space that is the problem. This solution works.

Here is an image explanation. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q10fix3.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	272171
    Perfect! Thanks.
    05-20-14 10:08 PM
27 12