Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mobile screen/tv that will work with my Q10. Something in the 5"-7" size preferably able to connect wireless through Bluetooth or maybe miracast? I love my Q10 overall it is a great size and ideal for all communications, The OS is awesome, however as we all know it is lacking when during downtimes trying to watch videos it is way too small. Aside from a Slider which looks to be a long way off if ever I really don't see a huge advantage to the Q20, being only .4" larger isn't going to "fix" the video difference and I'm not sure the larger handset will be as comfortable. So I'm wishing for a 5" Z30 type "drone" to connect to when I use for video's, of course a functioning touch screen would be awesome but I can settle without. Any input would be appreciated.
    04-01-14 06:24 AM
    How about the BlackBerry Playbook?

Here's another option.....

http://www.amazon.com/Celio-CRF-C8N-...UvbUpU10197474
    04-02-14 08:52 AM
    If Playbook had a future I would definitely be interested. The link is awesome, Thank you. But the last line hurt, Windows phone, ugh.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 10:18 AM
    A Playbook or whatever next generation tablet BlackBerry releases will probably be your next best bet.
    04-02-14 10:25 AM
    04-03-14 08:25 AM
    My beef with my playbook is that it doesn't work nearly as well with my Q10 as it did with my 9810. It really is more of a stand alone device now, and to me that is not a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:55 AM
    Get a PlayBook if you can find one, it is still a good companion to any blackberry. The OS will not see more updates, but there is no reason for it to stop working. Too small of a platform for malicious attacks so it is unlikely that it will need more software updates. It will work perfectly as a drone, you can even connect the playbook to a TV via hdmi and remote control it with your phone. And you can get one for $60 on employee purchase if you know someone.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:15 AM
    Very cool ideas. Thank you. So the playbook can act as a "tv" from my Q10? How does it connect? Wire? Wireless? Bridge software? I'm not so concerned with it as a standalone and updates providing I can maintain connections with future handsets. I really appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:59 AM
    Im not really sure what your looking for exists. But, since others have recommended the Playbook, Im gonna go and recommend the Nexus 7 (2013). Im not sure if your familiar with Android, but the Nexus 7 is running stock, vanilla Android, and it (to me) is the best tablet out there. It has a very high res screen, and the performance and core apps (browser, youtube, gmail etc) are amazing. The stock OS is very simple and efficient, and i personally think its more productive than BB10 with things like the dedicated multitasking button, the notification system (which i love) and the intergration with Google services.

The tablet is relatively cheap, especially compared to an iPad (mini) and i think it may serve your needs and then some.
    04-03-14 12:25 PM
    Very cool ideas. Thank you. So the playbook can act as a "tv" from my Q10? How does it connect? Wire? Wireless? Bridge software? I'm not so concerned with it as a standalone and updates providing I can maintain connections with future handsets. I really appreciate the help.
    Bridge keeps the Q10 and playbook connected giving several features. You can text and bbm through bridge, get internet access to your PlayBook and you can remotely control your PlayBook. You can also send pictures and URLS to the playbook but not so sure about videos.

For example, you are looking at a picture on your Q10 you can hit the share button and open it on PlayBook. Same with the Browser, you can share the webpage you are on and it will fire up the PlayBook browser. Because it is Bluetooth, it is a bit slow moving photos over which makes the experience laggy. Your Q10 does support miracast so using Wifi you can browse and play movies that live on your Q10 from your playbook, but really that should be doable from a Nexus tablet too.

If you can find a cheap PlayBook, it will likely make you happy. If not, the Nexus 7 would be ideal, though I have not tried one.

I used to connect my PlayBook to a TV with a standard HDMI wire and then from across the room, I would use my BlackBerry handset to run presentations, it was sweet except for a few PowerPoint compatibility issues with docs to go.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 01:32 PM
    Cool, I'm not married to the playbook idea for obvious reasons. And not against Nexus should it serve my needs. Truth be told I have no interest in giving up my Q10 for any other platform, as for my needs it excels with the only exception being screen size. I have unlimited 4G data on my BlackBerry and have no desire for another connection and bill for a tablet. Basically 2-3 times a week I have a couple hrs of free-time with which I'm sitting in a work truck. I wanna throw on netflix and watch a video, without going blind. So I need a screen (ie: tablet, tv) that either has miracast or hdmi in to allow me to connect. I'm gonna research the Nexus 7 now, any other ideas let me know. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:21 PM
    If you need a tablet of some sort to watch Netflix, YouTube ect, i dont think anything comes close to the Nexus 7 as of now. You can get a new 16gb version for just over 200 bucks, even cheaper used. Iv even seen the older model being sold for 100 dollars on sites like slickdeals and groupon.

Theres also a varient that has a sim card slot, which you can put your current sim card in and use Data like you would on your phone (for web browsing, netflix, texting and so on). Many reviewers have stated that the current Nexus 7 has the best display on a tablet, which you will notice while watching videos.
    04-03-14 03:29 PM
    Okay so after doing a little research I'm leaning towards a playbook. It seems with the latest update of bridge it will pretty much do what I'm looking for and I can get a new one for $100 locally. Some other tabs were nice but I'm on sprint and they hit you pretty hard for tethering or hotspot usage so that's a deal breaker for me. Any further advice on the subject?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 03:23 PM
    So final post here. I purchased a new BlackBerry Playbook on ebay for $75. After some trial and error I realized what I wanted it to be - A screen drone - for my Q10 so I could watch netflix and such without going blind was not going to work. However what did work well was the Bridge software, limited to mainly text, bbm, and Internet connection but what intrigued me was the Internet connection, it works, and we'll I might add. So now getting netflix and the score of other apps to work on the playbook was what I needed. Sorry, not gonna work. So my next step was Playon or Plex and running my laptop as a server. Wasn't overly thrilled about this but I was in this deep, and found out the settings on Windows 8.1 made it rather simple. Now I tried Plex first, it's free after all. That didn't play nice with windows. I bit the bullet and put another $60 into this challenge, total at $135 so far. After some fine tuning with the browser and trial and error with the Android App I've got this thing humming. Works perfectly and gets many more channels than I had alone on Q10, which now also has Playon (App works well on Q10 btw) I can watch anything I want on my playbook without having Wifi or paying an extra $40 a month to tether or hotspot my phone. I can surf, watch TV, movies, including Hulu and works flawlessly so far. Now my Q10 is perfect with the playbook accessory. For a one time cost of $135. Thanks to all that gave me the idea.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:55 AM