Hey everyone,
    Been scouting these boards for the last little while to see the going-ons in the BB world and have to say that you guys seem to have a pretty awesome community: thanks for that.

And to the point: I've owned my iPhone 3G for over three years now, but it's time for a change. A couple weeks ago I laid my hands on the Q10 and it's been beckoning ever since. I returned on three separate occasions to play around with the demo and I must say I love the fit and finish. BB 10 seems easy enough to pick up (for an iPhone user) and I'm looking forward to supporting a company with, from what I can tell, pretty high standards. And let's face it, having a phone that's a little different than the masses never hurt!

What, then, should I do first on the Q10? Should I jump into getting the most recent updates? (is this straight-forward?). Any tips and ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance--I'll post my thoughts on the phone once I get the chance to play around with a little bit,

Kind regards
    stevepar, sugbo, mystic84 and 1 others like this.
    05-26-13 11:59 PM
    Welcome to CB! When you do pick up the Q10, you can start here The first ten things to do with your new BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

Regarding updates your carrier will push them out to you or you can get them via BB Link. Editing your profile to display your carrier and region will help users to a more specific response/suggestion! Enjoy the Q10
    05-27-13 12:04 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:10 AM
    Welcome.
    I've owned and used the 3GS. You're gonna love the Q10!
    05-27-13 12:23 AM
    from iphone screen to Q screen, u need to know the estate u lose. try browsing websites, reading forums or playing ganes, videos on the Q to see if u can accept it.
    as long as screen size is no issue then the Q is a wonderful device in all other aspects

Posted by CB10 on Z10
    05-27-13 12:24 AM
    Welcome to the Q10 fellowship!
    As you come from an old iPhone you will feel very at ease with that Q10 !
    Well you have two choices install leaks or wait for your carrier to push update ... If leaks then you need back up before all your phone with blackberry link on your computer then install the leak... For update carrier >> slow to come !
    Well as I use to think when 10.2 is coming it will be time to install it for the moment I don't use leaks just official update until 10.2 :-)
    05-27-13 12:25 AM
    I would start with the setup and tutorials. Try not to skip them, do them in their entirety.

Update the phone after that . You can do this via wifi. Settings > software updates. Best to plug in the charger whilst updating.

Setup and customise the hub. Add your email/twitter etc...

Customise the calendar.

Browse BlackBerry World for available apps.

Arrange app icons on the home screen.

Train your battery for the first few days. Drain it fully and charge completely.

Welcome to the Q10! Loving mine :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:11 AM
    from iphone screen to Q screen, u need to know the estate u lose....
    Compared to the iPhone 3G (which he's coming from) you don't lose much screen size at all.
    05-27-13 01:25 AM
    Welcome to CB! When you do pick up the Q10, you can start here The first ten things to do with your new BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

Regarding updates your carrier will push them out to you or you can get them via BB Link. Editing your profile to display your carrier and region will help users to a more specific response/suggestion! Enjoy the Q10
    OP firstly welcome
    Secondly this poster ^^^ gave some great advice, so I would do that first to really familiarise yourself
    The best way to update is still connecting the device to your PC or laptop via usb, using the BB Link software, so I would recommend doing it that way when the time comes.
    Apart from that just enjoy the device and if you have any questions you are always welcome to ask, we have plenty of very knowledgeable people lurking around the forum who are always happy to help

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-27-13 01:40 AM
    Thank you for the kind welcome and thanks for the advice!
    That should be just what I need to get started with the Q10; I will let you know how it goes!
    05-27-13 09:34 AM
    Thank you for the kind welcome and thanks for the advice!
    That should be just what I need to get started with the Q10; I will let you know how it goes!
    I'd be very interested for your review, I myseld am rocking an old 3g and was thinking to make the switch on a side note: do you feel screwed over by Apple as they stopped the app support as well?
    05-27-13 10:21 AM
    I assume that you are getting a q10 because you want an efficient communication device if you want this then I would get the blackberry 9900 Not that the q10 because the system is only half baked. There are loads of bugs, unresponsive touch screen buttons and harder navigation (I'm my opinion). Try it out before you waste loads of miney in it because they devalue 30pc when you try resell.
    05-27-13 02:36 PM
    I agree. I have come from an iphone and won't recommend the switch unless u really need a keyboard. Addressbook, calendar, and reminders from your Mac won't sync at the moment

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:44 PM
    I just switched from iPhone 5 to the Q10 and so far I don't regret it. What I have to say is that I mainly use a phone for work purposes, which means loads of calls, emails and sometimes Whatsapp messages. I'm not someone to search the App Store every day to see if there's something new, so until now, I only miss my beloved 2Do Task Manager (but as I tweeted them to see if there's a BB10 port in the making, they replied that at least they are thinking about it, so I'm still in good hope) the lack of Apps, in comparision to the iOS ecosystem is not really bothering me.

What I really do love is the keyboard. I find myself answering emails just because I like it so much that I got rid of the stupid Touchscreen keyboard. The Battery life is also great, I had to recharge the iPhone usually in the afternoon, but I'm writing this on the Q10 and it still has 30% juice at nearly 11pm. Phantastic!

I just hope that I'll get use to the text selection and cursor movement, thats kinda tricky for me, since it is never really doing what I expect it to do when I want to jump back into the last sentence of what I wrote for example. But I think that its me who's to impatient and not the phone's software.

Conclusion: I would definetly recommend to take the Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:01 PM
    I have a q10 and it is a great communication device the best out there.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:10 PM
    I would start with the setup and tutorials. Try not to skip them, do them in their entirety.

Update the phone after that . You can do this via wifi. Settings > software updates. Best to plug in the charger whilst updating.

Setup and customise the hub. Add your email/twitter etc...

Customise the calendar.

Browse BlackBerry World for available apps.

Arrange app icons on the home screen.

Train your battery for the first few days. Drain it fully and charge completely.

Welcome to the Q10! Loving mine :-)

Posted via CB10
    Can an update be done without using wifi? I use the carrier network..
    Last edited by ragdeiii03; 05-27-13 at 05:37 PM.
    05-27-13 05:27 PM
    Can an update be done without using wifi? I use the carrier network..
    If you have a look at what I said to the OP a few posts back, you will see that I recommended updating via usb using BB Link rather then over wifi

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-28-13 01:38 AM
    I also at present have the Iphone 3gs but after doing alot of research and reading the forums i will also be switching over to Blackberry,either the Q10 or the Z10.Looking forward to it.Probably the Q10 though,when it eventually arrives in Sydney.
    05-28-13 01:51 AM