I can't seem to figure out the logic behind where the settings for particular apps are. Sometimes they are accessed by selecting the icon on the bottom of the screen and sometimes they are accessed by swiping down from the top. Surely there is some logic? I find myself looking in the wrong place all the time.

I'm also getting confused because sometimes I want to get to the main settings page and there seem to be three behaviours:

1. you can get to the main settings without leaving the app and simply swiping down
    2. nothing happens when you swipe down and you have to leave the app and then swipe down on the home screen to get to main settings
    3. you swipe down and get the app specific settings option and you have to leave the app and then swipe down on the home screen to get to main settings

I'm thinking that maybe in the integrated apps you can get to the main settings from inside the app, but not the other apps? But if this is the case, how do I know what kind of app I'm in (other than memorising them - I mean, I probably know, but when I'm in a meeting or doing something else, I'm not really thinking like that, just trying to turn notifications off quickly or something)...

I'm just finding it quite hard to navigate around. I'm always swiping and getting to the wrong place. Do I really have to remember which apps are integrated and which aren't and then remember what the same swipe does in different apps? I can understand having the same swipe perform different functions inside and outside of apps, but shoudln't the behaviour be the same inside apps?

This is in addition to the annoying thing where the hub stays on the last thing you looked at (this should be a setting, not the default, or the default and you should be able to change the setting) as sometimes I end up swiping back 3 times to get to the main hub again.

I feel like I'm swiping swiping swiping and not getting to where I need to be quickly. I've had the device for 2 weeks now and it's not getting much better. And I'm an early adopter and very quick learner. On other OSs your swipes and button presses quickly become habit and you don't have to think about where you are and have to remember what to do, but I'm finding there may be too much thinking here.

So I'm hoping I'm missing something and there is some logic. I don't mind spending time learning the logic, I just need it to be logical and consistent...
    06-11-13 07:24 PM
    One other thing is I can never tell whether I'm in Whatsapp app proper or the message through the Hub. So that sometimes a swipe back will work to get back to the Hub and sometimes it won't and I can't see anything that distinguishes the two.
    06-11-13 07:46 PM
    And one more little thing. Sometimes the swipe back doesn't work when you expect it to. Like I always thought that if you have a back arrow at the bottom of the screen you could swipe to get back. But the swipe doesn't nothing from this screen (or any of the screens deeper in this hierarchy):

Logic on where settings are located and consistency around swipes-img_00000093.png
    06-11-13 07:55 PM
    The main settings will show up when you swipe down from the hub, the active frames pane, or any of the icon panes. Never in an app that I've seen. Maybe you thought you were in an app but were actually in the hub? It kinda makes sense: if in an app, you get the app-specific menu-usually settings. If not in an app, you get the system settings pulldown thingy.

You'll know you're in the hub when you see the time at the top center of the screen. The only app I've seen that shows that bar at the top is the phone app.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:24 PM
    I have posted in a few different threads about this. The inconsistency in BB10 are its biggest issue, as like you, I feel it takes away the main plus point of BBOS which was the efficiency and the ability to get things done quickly albeit in a not too pretty way. I feel now this has been taken away. But I do believe iif given time BB10 can be a phenomenal platform. But it does have lots of little kinks and irregularities that need to be ironed out.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:29 PM
    The main settings will show up when you swipe down from the hub, the active frames pane, or any of the icon panes. Never in an app that I've seen. Maybe you thought you were in an app but were actually in the hub? It kinda makes sense: if in an app, you get the app-specific menu-usually settings. If not in an app, you get the system settings pulldown thingy.

You'll know you're in the hub when you see the time at the top center of the screen. The only app I've seen that shows that bar at the top is the phone app.
    Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was afraid of.

This says it all: "Maybe you thought you were in an app but were actually in the hub?". Thinking. I don't want to have to _think_!! It's like having to remember to keep alive those damn active frame things... I'm constantly letting things drop off the active frames because I don't remember to close an app right away.

So I have to check to see if the time is at the top of the screen every time I want to do something. Look for the little clock at the top of the screen...

I guess I'll get used to looking for it after a bit...
    06-11-13 09:51 PM
    I have posted in a few different threads about this. The inconsistency in BB10 are its biggest issue, as like you, I feel it takes away the main plus point of BBOS which was the efficiency and the ability to get things done quickly albeit in a not too pretty way. I feel now this has been taken away. But I do believe iif given time BB10 can be a phenomenal platform. But it does have lots of little kinks and irregularities that need to be ironed out.
    Absolutely. I hate inconsistency. And I agree BB10 should be able to grow into something a lot more usable. Hopefully pdq. If it continues to annoy me too much though, I'll just give up and buy something else.
    06-11-13 09:54 PM
    Thinking. I don't want to have to _think_!!
    Maybe picking one workflow and sticking with it makes sense instead of doing things in multiple ways that can interrupt your flow. For instance, if I want to BBM, I just go to the hub. The same works for What'sApp. No need to use the actual app. Just forget about it and hub it up

Posted via CB10
    minigrrl likes this.
    06-11-13 10:03 PM
    Maybe picking one workflow and sticking with it makes sense instead of doing things in multiple ways that can interrupt your flow. For instance, if I want to BBM, I just go to the hub. The same works for What'sApp. No need to use the actual app. Just forget about it and hub it up

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's probably the way to go.

I just seem to be always swiping/tapping to get back to the main Hub when I use the Hub to go into a particular account. Like starting a new convo in Whatsapp. I just counted 4 swipes/taps just to start a Whatsapp conversation (not including the swipes to find the contact I wanted to send to and not including the typing or sending obviously).

Then to get back to the main Hub it was 3 swipes/taps.

Wish there was a one gesture/button/something way to get back to the main screen of the Hub. That would make all the swiping/tapping to get somewhere, seem not so bad.

Like the Hub should be the centre of the device and it should be really really easy to get to. That home screen with the active frames is pretty useless tbh. Maybe there could be an option you could change - the swipe up could take you to the useless home screen OR the main screen of your Hub.
    06-11-13 10:41 PM
    You are a hard one to please

I've had the same experience. But then I started this workflow: want to message? swipe to hub and hit C. Then select BBM/WhatsApp. One more select for the destination. BAM, convo is open. That way, you never left the main hub which is then one swipe away. From there, the active convo is in the main hub view list so that's pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    minigrrl likes this.
    06-12-13 11:33 AM
    You are a hard one to please

I've had the same experience. But then I started this workflow: want to message? swipe to hub and hit C. Then select BBM/WhatsApp. One more select for the destination. BAM, convo is open. That way, you never left the main hub which is then one swipe away. From there, the active convo is in the main hub view list so that's pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I like this...
    06-13-13 02:59 PM
    And one more little thing. Sometimes the swipe back doesn't work when you expect it to. Like I always thought that if you have a back arrow at the bottom of the screen you could swipe to get back. But the swipe doesn't nothing from this screen (or any of the screens deeper in this hierarchy):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000093.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	170952
    Does anyone know why this doesn't work? Is it supposed to? The swipe back doesn't seem to work anywhere in settings. I'm so used to swiping back now, I do it everytime on these settings screens and it does nothing...
    06-13-13 03:01 PM