Hi guys,

I am a very happy Q10 user from germany. But I have one bad problem with my Q10. Every evening when I go sleeping I swich my blackberry to flight mode. In the next morning my battery is about 20% less. When I check in the setting what has sucked my battery, it says the location determination was it. I aks myself why? What is going on there? When I did not switch to flight mode, the battery only loses about 1-2% over night.
    Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
    Philipp
    05-30-14 04:52 AM
    Just use bedside mode instead of Airplane Mode: it's easier on the battery and keeps notifications from waking you.
    05-30-14 06:24 AM
    When I did not switch to flight mode, the battery only loses about 1-2% over night.
    Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
    Philipp
    Hi,

I am using bedside mode and I loose about 10-15% battery (btw. no matter if I use bedside mode or simply leave the phone untouched).
    How do you manage to get a 1-2% loss? I load my phone to 100%, put it in bedside mode and when I wake it up the next morning, battery is @ about 85%.

ws
    05-30-14 06:46 AM
    Thanks for your fast answer. I use bedside too, but I switch to flight mode because of interference with my radio. What bothered my is tha the 20 percent of battery loss is only because of the location service.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 07:13 AM
    I losing about 30% while phone is in Bedside Mode and I set radios to off. The Device Monitor also says Location Services are using up the most battery. I'm going to turn off GPS tonight and compare. I'll update later.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:48 PM
    In usual situation the base location is acquired from your cell tower or from WiFi network, as a result Location services already "know" your approximate coordinates, making it easier and faster to find satellites.
    Airplane mode means no A-GPS (assisted GPS), so Location services have to get the coordinates all by itself, meaning more power consumption.
    12-16-14 09:34 AM
    Right, it's like you're "strangling" location services so it has to keep searching for a way to verify location. I have wifi-calling, so my cell radios are off at night (just wifi) and I get very little drain (Z10, BTW). Try putting your phone in "flight" and then turn ON wifi and see if it helps.
    12-16-14 10:04 AM