My storage is getting a bit crowded so I hoped to load as much as possible onto my 64GB memory card so that the device might run more smoothly. Ideas anyone?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-01-16 07:47 AM
    Move Documents and Data to the SD Card...

I'd check device manager and see what's using most of the storage... Some apps will allow you to save their data to the SD Card. Also make sure none of your emails accounts are set to retain messages forever.
    11-01-16 07:56 AM
    My storage is getting a bit crowded so I hoped to load as much as possible onto my 64GB memory card so that the device might run more smoothly. Ideas anyone?

You can't move apps to the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 07:09 PM
    Move Documents and Data to the SD Card...

I'd check device manager and see what's using most of the storage... Some apps will allow you to save their data to the SD Card. Also make sure none of your emails accounts are set to retain messages forever.
    Thanks for responding! I thought I had read somewhere that there was a way to tell my Q10 to put newly downloaded apps & files onto the SD card as the default unless the app won't allow it? I actually have zero stored emails since I don't want to set up my Q10 for it (I get 25-50 emails a day, don't want to check the hub every 5min!).

As for the existing apps, is there a reasonably simple method to see if any installed apps will let me move them? I have a 128 GB card with over 110 GB free to put stuff on! ;-)
    Thanks!

11-02-16 07:04 AM
    Thanks for responding! I thought I had read somewhere that there was a way to tell my Q10 to put newly downloaded apps & files onto the SD card as the default unless the app won't allow it? I actually have zero stored emails since I don't want to set up my Q10 for it (I get 25-50 emails a day, don't want to check the hub every 5min!).

As for the existing apps, is there a reasonably simple method to see if any installed apps will let me move them? I have a 128 GB card with over 110 GB free to put stuff on! ;-)
    Thanks!

Sorry but BB10 does not allow native apps to be moved.

Now some have had... a little success with moving Android apps to the SD Card. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...nal-sd-986214/

But I was never able to get it to work....
    11-02-16 10:47 AM
    I never knew that! I thought I just hadn't figured it out yet!

So if I want to keep it running smoothly and with as snappy performance as possible, what (besides pictures) CAN I either default to the microSD card or at least move to it?

I've saved pictures or video to the memory card forever. Some of the apps I've seen so far either can't or won't.

11-03-16 01:26 PM