I work for a very large bank, one of the top 3 global actually, and we have begun testing deployment of bb10 and bb balance. Looking for a q4 release to the company and should generate about 50,000 units or so. Hopefully bb is still around by then. :thumbup:
    08-22-13 04:01 AM
    I work for a very large bank, one of the top 3 global actually, and we have begun testing deployment of bb10 and bb balance. Looking for a q4 release to the company and should generate about 50,000 units or so. Hopefully bb is still around by then. :thumbup:
    Yup, that is good news. Where are you located?
    08-22-13 04:05 AM
    Great news I love to hear. In a party last week, one of my friends was rocking a Q, he work in a financial firm too.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:52 PM
    Wealth and asset management here! [hard assets, primarily natural coloured diamonds GIA certified ] My beloved Q10 is my mobile office....if the higher ups send an email/message, no matter where I am in the world or what time it is I am instantaneously able to reply to that said email/message.
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-22-13 11:52 PM
    50,000 BlackBerry 10 phones.

That would make quite a picture. Hope to see this headline in the news in Q4
    deezy87, wanted198 and Mylexon20s like this.
    08-23-13 02:31 AM
    Can only hope, Sean
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-23-13 02:32 AM
    That's awesome. I hope this comes through.
    08-23-13 02:38 AM
    In the US.
    08-23-13 03:04 AM
    Great news! I hope this will be in the news too, instead of all this negative media.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:39 AM
    Great news! I hope this will be in the news too, instead of all this negative media.

Posted via CB10
    Probably won't make the news. But we will see.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using CB Forums mobile app
    08-24-13 11:16 PM
    Out of interest, this is obviously an overseas bank as the US doesn't have one in the worlds top 10. European or Asian?
    08-25-13 12:23 AM
    Don't expect an answer to that question.
    08-25-13 12:38 AM
    Awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

How has this been received by employees? Any push back/negative comments?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:41 AM
    Out of interest, this is obviously an overseas bank as the US doesn't have one in the worlds top 10. European or Asian?
    No comment. But a large number of these will be activated in the US.

Awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

How has this been received by employees? Any push back/negative comments?

Posted via CB10
    No comments yet. To be honest, I think most are oblivious to this even occurring. People love their 9930's now though. Hope BB balance continues that legacy.

sent from HTC One
    08-27-13 07:53 PM
    Not to call you a fibber or anything, but I would find it amazing for a CTO of a major bank to commit to a platform that may be gone within months.

I work for a very large (for Australia) bank, and they've running screaming away from Blackberry. As most prudent decision makers would.
    08-27-13 08:06 PM
    Not to call you a fibber or anything, but I would find it amazing for a CTO of a major bank to commit to a platform that may be gone within months.

I work for a very large (for Australia) bank, and they've running screaming away from Blackberry. As most prudent decision makers would.
    But that isn't saying much considering Blackberry market share in Australia is like 1%.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:11 PM

So you're contributing to this forum to steer potential BlackBerry users away from the platform? As you said, it would be a 'prudent' decision...

Just for kicks, what would you recommend BlackBerry users do? Since you seem to want to take responsibility.
    rgrandis likes this.
    08-27-13 08:20 PM
    So you're contributing to this forum to steer potential BlackBerry users away from the platform? As you said, it would be a 'prudent' decision...

Just for kicks, what would you recommend BlackBerry users do? Since you seem to want to take responsibility.
    Do what most other intelligent people do, and buy an Android or Apple device.
    08-28-13 07:19 AM
    But that isn't saying much considering Blackberry market share in Australia is like 1%.

Posted via CB10
    It doubled recently to .6%.
    08-28-13 07:20 AM

One bank not buying the platform is not going to sink the platform. Every day I hear another story about a large corporation or government entity committing themselves to the platform by buying many thousands. BB10 is the only platform approved by the USA defense department for top level security. BB10 is not going away for that reason alone. If someone buys them it will continue to exist. Perhaps BlackBerry will always have a niche market for high security.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:12 AM
    So you are saying the USA Department of Defense is not run by intelligent people?

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    08-28-13 08:15 AM

How do we know you are telling the truth?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:17 AM
    I am working for a bank, this is not based in my country but major operations (back end operations) run here. I see all the higher management using BlackBerry.
    One lady came here from usa like 2weeks back and she said in a meeting that she was waiting for her dogs, husband and BlackBerry

Z10sandeep
    08-28-13 08:28 AM
    That is a lot of units. Hmm.
    08-28-13 08:31 AM
    That comment only shows me that you wouldn't know what constitutes an intelligent person. And it's probably not a very good comment to make on a board with many intelligent people that use blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    stratax and beamolite like this.
    08-28-13 08:32 AM
69 123